‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Not pissed off, just angry."

I took the girls' to my brother's house after they had gotten ready. Gerard had a sour look in his face as we left, but at that moment I hadn't cared. The drive to BJ's ha my mind drifting on what the hell Gerard was thinking.

Why was Eliza even on his mind at all? Why did he let her come over?

"Mama!" Thora cried.

I looked back her, "Hmm?"

"You missed the turn to uncle Billy's." Busy answered.

I sighed, "Shoot, sorry."

I made a u-turn and went down the street leading to my brother's house. I shook all the negative thoughts from my head and paid attention to the road.

As soon as I pulled up, Busy jumped out the car. My nieces and nephews were all playing out front in the yard. I got out and unbuckled Thora and let her follow after Busy.

"Hey October," BJ waved at me while handling a football, "Need me to watch them?"

I shrugged, "Uh, maybe. I dunno, they wanted to come play."

"Jeremy is coming down to visit, so his kids will be here," he told me, "I can watch them for a bit."

"Thanks." I rubbed my neck, "I have some stuff to do." I lied.

"No worries," he smiled, "I'll call you if they need anything."

I smiled back, "Thanks, BJ."

"No problem."

I turned towards the kids, "Biz, Thora, come here."

Thora ran to me first, "Hmm?"

"I'm gonna go, okay? Be good for Uncle BJ."

She nodded and hugged me, "Bye mama."

Busy hugged me next, "Bye."

"I love you guys." I told them as they rushed off.

"Love you!" They called back.

I smile happily, and sighed, "I'll be back soon."

"Don't worry about anything, October." BJ told me.

"I'm not." I sighed again, "I'll see you."

He gave me a swift hug, "See ya."

I waved to them as I walked back to my car. Again, my mind began to drift as I drove on home.

Every little thing I had gone through with Gerard. The good, happy times of when I felt like nothing, to losing him, finding him and losing him again. It just tore at my heart at how much I went through to love him. And then he had his nerve to bring her back into our lives. Especially since I was so lenient on her prison sentence.

What is going through his head?

My mind varied from my thoughts to reality. When I got home, Gerard was outside smoking; I bit at my lip and got out the car. He looked at me, the cigarette hanging from the side of his mouth, "Jeremy is coming down, so the girls will be at my brother's all day." I said to him.

Gerard tossed his cigarette, "You still pissed?"

I nodded, "Not pissed off, just angry."

"I wanted to help, that's all." He started, "I didn't fuck her, I didn't touch her, I didn't do anything."

"Still, Gerard, why? You wanted to help her? Help her what?"

He rake his hand along his stubbled jaw, "She was calling Mikey and crying about needed help getting a job. He told me about it and I felt bad, so I wanted to help..."

"And?"

"And... I tried to help, but she was up to her old ways. I haven't talked to her in a week, that's it." Gerard shrugged after speaking.

"You didn't ask her to come here?"

"No. Why would I?"

"Because you're an idiot."

He smiled, "I'm an idiot, I know that, but I didn't want her to come over. I only told her our address so I could give her a reference for some damned salon; that's all, that's it, October."

I licked over my lips, "Promise."

"I promise."

I frowned slightly and went over to him, "Good."

"She won't come back, and if she does, I told her she'd be dealing with you."

I narrowed my eyes, "Excuse me?"

"I told her you'd kill her." He said with a grin.

"You think I won't?"

Gerard looked a me wearily, "I'm unsure."

I rolled my eyes and hugged Gerard, "I will."

He laughed softly and hugged me back, "Okay, okay. You will."

Gerard let me go and led me into the house. The two of us went to the bedroom, out of pure instinct. I was so sure that our little rift was going to end up with sex, but as we shred out clothes, we didn't hop into it right away.

Ever since Gerard had been working on his comic, sex between us came almost routine. It wasn't bad, but it bothered me some. Gerard laid back on the edge of the bed and sat me on his lap; each leg straddled beside his thighs.

"I've been thinking about a lot of stuff lately," he said quietly; his hands ran up my sides, to my hips, "I want to call Ray and see if we could start recording again."

I smiled, "Really?"

He nodded slowly, "You'd be okay with that?"

"Of course," I kissed his cheek, and wrapped my arms around his shoulder, "Whatever makes you happy."

Gerard kissed me, "You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

He kissed me again and didn't utter another word about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize at how lame this chapter is; my creativity is starting to disappoint me. I'm trying though :)

Thank you for continuing to read!
xoali