Status: Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be. (:

Left Behind

Something in the way she moves

BRYCE

“No Bryce, wait!”

I turned around to find her actually smiling. I swear Carter and her mood swings were going to be the death of me. And the fact that I hurt Carter’s feelings was enough to break me down right there.

I got a little closer to Carter, but not too close. I didn’t really know what she was going to say, but I had just basically told her almost everything that I had planned on telling her when we were alone. I had poured my little heart out to her, but all she could say was sorry. That hurt me, and if anyone could hurt me, it was Carter.

“What?”

“I don’t want you to leave me alone. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have you,” she said. My eyes widened because Carter was stubborn. She never admitted anything and it took everything to get her to open up even a little bit.

“Then why the fuck are you trying to push me away?”

“I… I’m just scared. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve never had to deal with this before, and it’s all too stressful because I think that… I lo…”

CARTER

Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. When I said it, I immediately wanted to take it back. He stared at me like a deer caught in headlights and I knew that I had made a mistake. Maybe he did have feelings for me, but they probably weren’t as strong as “love”.

I sighed out of embarrassment because it wasn’t supposed to come out. I didn’t know what he was thinking because he looked amused, almost. “Now I feel like an idiot.”

He walked over to me and grasped me into a hug. I loved the feeling of his arms around my neck because it felt secure. I wrapped my arms around his waist. “You shouldn’t feel like an idiot.” He let me go and kissed my forehead. I stood confused, not knowing what exactly was going on. “And you shouldn’t be scared because I know I love you. It feels good to say it after keeping it for so long. I love you, Carter Elise Deville.”

“You do?”

“I am.”

“And how long have you kept this from me?”

“A while.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner, Bryce? You should have told me.”

“What difference would it have made, Carter?”

I was feeling something that I couldn’t put my finger on. It was a weird feeling somewhere between my heart skipping five beats at a time and my stomach doing three sixties.

“Thank God.”

He smiled at me, before leaning in to kiss me. And much like the first time we kissed, there was something there. But that time, there was something more because I knew how he felt about me. It was a soft, gentle, and sweet kiss. I could get used to the taste of him. He grabbed me around the waist, and pulled me in closer. He laughed. “This isn't real... Thank God is right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I think that I'm back.

And, I'm sorry. I've been working on tons of things this past year, and I really planned to have had this done months ago, but it just did not happen. I'm such a disappointment... And a procrastinator. It really is a disorder, you know!