No One Does It Better

And when I come home I want to be done,

The morning frost caused a shiver to go down my spine as I sat up rubbing hard at my eyes. I glanced around at my surroundings suddenly remembering the events that occurred last night. I smiled softly as my eyes wandered the interior of the tent.
I was still so confused about everything, but I knew that right now everything felt perfect and I could just stay here forever.

Pulling a blanket around my arms, I stepped outside into the woods. My eyes instantly went to the tattooed lanky man sitting cross legged on the ground as he held a phone to his ear. He was shirtless, indicating that he had left the tent quickly to answer his phone without disturbing me.

I wandered over to him, sitting beside him as I threw one side of my blanket over his bare torso.
“Yeah, she just woke up. Wanna talk to her?” Mike spoke into the phone. He smiled as he passed the phone over to me.
“Hello?” I said as Mike wrapped an arm around me from under the blanket.
“Hey Grover.” I could hear the smirk in his voice. “I hate to say I told you so… but…”
“Shut up Vic.” I laughed.
Vic chuckled at himself. “Just make sure you tell your kids that without Uncle Vic they wouldn’t be born.”
“You’re not funny Victor.” I stated as Mike chuckled from beside me. These Fuentes boys were about as mature as a teenage boy.

---

MIKE’S POV

I stared in a trance as her brown hair fell down her pale shoulders. I was still trying to get my head around what had happened the past couple days.
I knew things were far from perfect and it was going to take a while to get things to the way I wanted… but right nothing made me happier than waking up to see Jessie fast asleep by my side. Her pale face looked so peaceful as it lay gently on my bare chest. I had imagined this moment for as long as I can remember, but not even my imagination can capture the perfection of this moment.

I lifted my hand to gently sweep away a lose piece of hair that had fallen on to her face.
My phone vibrated from my side causing me to have to manoeuvre my way out of the tent without waking her up.

“Hey Vic,”
“Mi hermano!” Vic said enthusiastically.
“What’s up?” I asked as I sat cross legged on the ground.
“Did she show up?” Vic asked with a serious tone. I smiled as I thought back to yesterday when I saw her turn up here.

“...Yeah, she showed.” I spoke smiling.
“I knew my girl would figure it out!” Vic stated practically cheering. “Is she around?”

Jessie wandered out from the tent and sat down beside me, throwing the blanket over my side.
“Yeah, she just woke up. Wanna talk to her?”

---

She poked at the fire with a stick while I threw on a shirt. I watched her face as she stared into the fire, she looked deep in thought.

“So where do we go from here?” I asked rubbing the back of my neck.
Jessie spun her head around to face me.
“I… uh. I don’t know.” She admitted running her fingers through her hair.

I held out my hand for her to take, pulling her off of the ground and into an embrace. Her head nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

“We can work at this Jessie.” I whispered as she looked up at me with a smile on her face. God dammit, that smile.

END MIKES POV
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!

I know this chapter is miniature, but yeah I needed a filler. The next chapter is going to be the last one and its going to be an epilogue.

This is really sad that it's nearly over ahhh.

as always, thankyou to everyone of my readers, subscribers the people recommenders and of course gemaradke, santi santi, KinaxKills, kardashian_x, ewthatscute and rachemical for your comments!
I love you guys!

I'll update very very soon!