Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Mess

"Fuck, it feels good to be home," Matt groaned as we walked into the house, dragging our bags behind us.

I threw all of my stuff on the kitchen floor and went straight for the couch. "Come on, Linds," Matt said, grabbing my arm before I could sit down. "Let's just go to bed. It's late anyway."

"But it's so far," I whined, not wanting to walk all the way upstairs.

He chuckled, and suddenly my feet were off the floor and I was being slung over his shoulder. I was so tired I didn't even object as he carried me up the stairs and set me down gently on the bed. I kicked my shoes off and cuddled into his side when he crawled into bed next to me.

It felt so good to be in a comfortable bed after spending three long months on the road. I ended up having a blast on the tour, but it would never beat the feeling of being at home with Matt.

"I love you," I heard Matt say as he wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, and I-"

He was interrupted by the sound of my cell phone ringing. He groaned as I pulled it out of my back pocket and placed it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Lindsey!" Lacey squealed back at me. "Did you say yes? Please tell me you said yes!"

"What are you talking about, Lace? Say yes to what?" I looked over at Matt and watched him cover his face with his hands.

"Oh, fuck," Lacey said. "He hasn't asked you yet. Johnny said he was gonna ask you right when you guys got home so I figured he would've done it by now."

"Oh shit," I muttered. "Let me call you back."

I hung up on her and looked over at Matt to see what he was going to say. He sighed and reached into his pocket. "I really thought I was gonna be able to surprise you. I should've known better than to tell your best friend's husband." He grinned at me and gave me the small, black box that he'd pulled from his pocket.

I reached out to take it and saw my hand shaking as I opened it. I bit my lip, knowing I was going to start crying as I looked at the ring in front of me.

"So what's your answer?" Matt asked.

I tore my eyes away from the diamond and looked at him. "You haven't asked me yet. I'm not going to give an aswer to a question that hasn't been asked."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You're so stubborn," he said softly, kissing my cheek. I felt his lips at my ear, making a chill run down my spine. "Will you marry me?"

I smiled as I took the ring from its box and slipped it onto my finger. "Absolutely." I turned my head so I could kiss his lips. "I love you."

I felt his lips curve into a smile as he kissed me back. "I love you more, baby. Now call Lacey before she has a stroke waiting to know what happened." I giggled as I picked up my cell phone and dialed her number.

I couldn't stop grinning as I waited for her to answer. I had never felt so happy about anything in my life. I had the most amazing guy in the world, and a group of fantastic friends that could never be replaced.

Sure, it was a mess sometimes, but it was the most beautiful mess I'd ever been a part of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahhh, that was so corny. But it's okay :D

Alright, I'm about to get a little sappy. I just want to say thank you to everyone who supported this story. For a while, I was being really hard on myself. I thought I was just a terrible writer, and I was almost convinced that this would be my last story. You guys really encouraged me though, and now I just want to write all the time. Thankyouthankyouthankyou a million times.

I really hope you guys will stick with me and read my other stuff. The first chapter to the Jimmy story is out, Every Breath will be starting soon, and for those of you who voted for a Zacky story, THERE WILL BE ONE VERY SOON!!!

I love you guys. bye Spiderman!

For one last time, thank you:
rachemical
IOwnYouBiatch
FaBzShadows
gothique4
catcraz826
vengeancefoREVer70
isinhapaula
SarahHeroin.