Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

015

Time has flown by fast and it’s now the end of June, and my birthday is in a month. I’m so excited. Things have slowly progressed here, with the shop and Sidney.

He asked me to be his girlfriend last night. I, of course said yes, and we’re both really happy.

Brian texted me this morning, and I replied back to him. He was upset with me that I had a boyfriend, but I haven’t told anyone who he is yet. I don’t think it matters.

Jordan and Leah have been gone for a week now to visit his family, and Sidney leaves next week, so I will be by myself for a bit. We both thought it was way too early to be meeting the family. I’ve been watching over the shop a lot, but Allie and I had been switching off.

“Avery, are you awake?” Sidney asked as he walked into my room.

“Mhmm,” I replied.

He sat down next to me on the bed, and pulled me into a hug.

“Okay, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’ve been getting texts and calls from a blocked number, and I think it’s Amy.”

“Why the hell is she bothering you again?”

Sidney shrugged, “I have no idea. I told you she was crazy.”

“Why did you even date her?”

He laughed, “She wasn’t that crazy until I broke up with her. We had nothing in common, and I believe she was just with me because of who I am.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah….you wanna go out to eat? I’m starving?”

“Sure, let me get a shower and get ready.”

After my shower, I put on a white spaghetti strap dress and some black flip flops. I left my make-up simple and braided my hair a bit.

“Okay, I’m ready to go whenever you are,” I said, walking into the living room.

“You look pretty,” Sidney said, kissing me.

“Thanks.”

We ended up at Cracker Barrel. I love this place.

“So what are you going to do when you go home?” I asked.

Sidney shrugged, “Just spend time with my parents and sister. I’m sure they have all kinds of things planned. Are you going back to California when your sister gets home?”

“I’m not sure, I might.”

“What has you so apprehensive?”

“I’m just scared…that’s all.”

Sidney raised an eyebrow, “My badass acting girlfriend is scared to go visit her friends, why?”

I sighed, “I don’t want to see Brian. I’m so afraid of things just unraveling while I’m out there. Michelle doesn’t need the stress.”

“Oh, yeah, I understand. Well, just wait until around Christmas and visit them too.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

We finished eating after that, and tried to leave, but we were interrupted by some fans.

“Oh my gosh, you’re Sidney Crosby.”

There were three girls, and they all looked like they had just come from some party. Sidney shot me an apologetic look, but I just smiled and backed away so he could do his thing.

I heard one of the girls ask who I was, and Sidney told them I was his girlfriend. The one that asked said I was really pretty, but one of the other girls glared at me. A few minutes later, they were done and he walked back over to me.

“Sorry about that,” he said, taking my hand into his.

I laughed, “Sid, I’m use to it, besides, it’s your job. It’s not a big deal at all.”

“I just hope they’re nice about you. The press and fans can be pretty brutal to some of the girlfriends and wives.”

“Probably nothing I haven’t heard before. When I first started touring with Animosity, people assumed that I was either Kalen’s girlfriend or fucking him. I was like really people? Do you not see the freaking resemblance between the two of us?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know.....I know. I completely abandoned this story. I had it written all the way to 20...I kept the chapters, but I didn't like them at first. Now, I do, so I think I will post them and be done with this story. :)