Status: Working Progress

Love Lost in a Forbidden Valley

Doesn't It Ever Hurt

Image

“Mommy, mommy, mommy,” he called over and over again.

“Yes, Scorpius?” I asked, a little worn out.

“Lily isn’t moving,” he said frantically. I got up, and ran to the Weasleys’ miniature owlery. I walked in, and there lily sat hooting away. I turned to face Scorpius, who had an amused look on his face.

“Just kidding, Mommy.” He said, and started laughing. I sighed, but couldn’t help to laugh along with him. I took his hand and walked back in the house.

“Hi, dear,” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed as I walked in the kitchen.

“Looks like he is up and about already,” she said, a crash followed by, highlighting her words. I let out a small laugh.

“I don’t know how you did it, I mean seven kids. I don’t know if I could ever have that many.” I told her with a small sigh.

She just shook her head, “Tonks is coming over with Teddy in a bit,” she told me.

“Oh, that’s just grand, double the trouble.” I said, she laughed in return. “Scorpius, c’mere so we can get you cleaned up,” I called.

“Aww, but why?” he asked as he entered the kitchen.

“Because teddy is coming over,” I said as I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. I started to run his bathwater.

“Mommy, can you sing me one of the songs aunt Hermione sings?” he asked me, as I raised his shirt over his head.

“One of the Christmas songs? But it’s not Christmas yet, silly.” I told him with a smile.

“The bubbles remind me of snowpeople,” he said as I put him in the bubbly water. He loved the muggle songs Hermione would sing, and this one had to be his favorite.

Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul,
With a corncob pipe and a button nose


I grabbed a hand full of bubbles, and put them on his nose. Scorpius erupted in a quick burst of giggles.

And two eyes made out of coal.
Frosty the snowman is a fairy tale, they say,
He was made of snow but the children
Know how he came to life one day.
There must have been some magic in that
Old silk hat they found.
For when they placed it on his head
He began to dance around.
O, Frosty the snowman
Was alive as he could be,
And the children say he could laugh
And play just the same as you and me.
Thumpetty thump thump,
Thumpetty thump thump


I slowly took my wand out and transfigured the bubbles. They changed into a scene, where a snowman was running around grinning.

“Mommy, look at Frosty go,” Scorpius exclaimed.

Thumpetty thump thump,
Thumpetty thump thump,
Over the hills of snow.


“Mommy, can I do that too?” he asked as I wrapped him in a towel and took him to his room.

“When you’re older,” I told him. He said nothing more as I finished dressing him. I heard the slam of a door, and a number of voices emerged from downstairs. Scorpius quickly ran down, I followed soon after.

“Aunt Hermione,” He exclaimed, I quickly looked up. Staring my best friend in the eye. I ran towards her, and wrapped my arms around her. I know I see her every month, but with everything that goes on, it’s hard to know what will be her last visit. I broke away and saw Tonks looking at me with a small grin.

She looked very tired, “I have to go back into the office, I’ll be back later to come and get him.” she said quickly walked back out. Scorpius and Teddy started running around the house, and Hermione and I went to go take a seat in the kitchen.

“Hello Mrs. Weasley,” Hermione exclaimed.

“Hello dear, would you girl’s like some coffee?” she asked.

“That would be nice,” I told her.

“So, how are Harry and Ron?” I quickly asked her.

“Well you know how Harry can be; he’s getting a bit grumpy that things haven’t been moving along faster. Ron is too, they just got into an argument the other day.” Hermione whispered.

“How many horcrux do you have,” I asked her.

“Well, we had the locket, and we are working on getting the other 3,” she told me.

“You had the locket?” I said.

“Well, you see we found the sword of Gryffindor, and Harry let Ron destroy the horcrux.” She told me. I nodded, “Adriana, you know Harry and Ron are thinking about coming to visit,” Hermione said with a smile.

My face lit up, “Really, when?” I asked her excitedly.

“Yes dear, when?” Mrs. Weasley asked, I hadn’t noticed that she came back.

“They are planning to come in a couple more days,” Hermione said.

“Why?” I asked her.

“Well, you know how Dumbledore left us things in his will, well the sign that was on my book, it keeps popping up everywhere. So we have decided that, since Luna’s father was seen with that symbol on his chest at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, then we should go see him, and since he lives fairly close to here, they’ve decided they should come and visit.” Hermione said.

“Why has it taken this long, Bill and Fleur got married 3 years ago,” I asked with a lowered tone.

“Adriana, you know that when Dumbledore died, Harry had completely lost his mind. I’m glad that he’s finally gaining every bit of sanity that he did have back,” She told me. It was true, I guess when sixteen was a way young age for Harry to deal with things like this. He had been through so much, his godfather died when he was fifteen, then Dumbledore, the second person he was ever close to died. And to top it all off, he was underage fighting in a war, that he had no clue how to win. I guess when he turned twenty-one; he came to realize that the war had been going on far too long, and something needed to be done, and that he was the only person who could properly end it.

Tonks had came back a few hours later; Hermione and I were in the living room now.

“Hi Tonks, you look a bit tired.” I said, stating the obvious. She had bags under her eyes; her words came out long and strewn.

“Yes, I’m very tired and I’m sure you two are too. Teddy has been any trouble, has he?” she asked. We shook our heads.

“That means you must have left those two with Molly,” she said, her face coming up in a small smile.

“Yeah, we did,” I admitted. She smiled and walked to the back to go get her son. Tonks walked back in, a tired Teddy in her arms, and Scorpius was right on her trail.

“Well, I’ll see you two later,” she said.

“Bye Molly,” she yelled, and walked out of the door. Scorpius hopped on my lap and laid on my chest.

“Mommy, I’m tired.” He told me. I wrapped my arms around him, and looked at Hermione.

“Adriana, doesn’t it hurt?” she suddenly asked me, her eyes glued to Scorpius’s face.

“Doesn’t what hurt?” I asked her.

“Well, when you look at Scorpius and…” she trailed off.

“Yep, he does look like his father, doesn’t he? I used to feel pain, when he was first born. But that was when I still had feelings for that imbecile. But now I look more into his eyes, than at his face,” I told her. Scorpius looked exactly like his father, with the exception of his eyes. He had my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little opener to show you Adriana and Scorps Relationship

Scorpius :)
Image