Status: Working Progress

Love Lost in a Forbidden Valley

A Talk With An Old Acquaintance

Image

I looked up at the man; he was dressed in a grey sleeveless, you could tell that he worked out, for his abs we pressing against the shirt. He wore black jeans and shoes, with dark sunglasses. The man looked familiar, though I just couldn’t place a name.

“Do you I know you?” I asked him. He smirked and pulled the glasses off of his face. I gasped and Scorpius gave me a weird glance. Blaise Zabini took a seat across from me and Scorpius. I opened my mouth to say something, but the actual waiter came up to us.

“How can I help you?” she asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

“Um… I… I,” mind wouldn’t let me form words, I was still in shock.

“One vanilla sundae and one large banana split?” Blaise said questioningly. I nodded, and the waitress walked away.

“Mommy, who is this man?” Scorpius asked me, not caring that Blaise was sitting right there.

“Oh forgive me; I’m Blaise, your mommy’s old friend.” Blaise told him, my brain clicked when he said friend.

“What do you want Blaise,” I asked him.

“Oh that’s not a way to talk to an old friend,” he said. I glared at him. “Ok… Acquaintance, but I want to apologize,” he told me.

I laughed out loud, “It took you 5 years to apologize to me?” I asked him, my anger was starting to rise a little.

“I know Adriana, it’s just that when you sixth year was over you didn’t return to seventh so I knew I would never see you again. I know you probably don’t believe, but you really should, I’ve changed.” He said and I snorted.

“Not the, I’ve changed speech please,” I asked him.

He smirked, “I guess that is stupid, but do you forgive me?” he asked, his eyes staring into mine. I looked back at him, deep in thought. I didn’t want to forgive Blaise, I wanted him to rot. But I knew that it was time for me to forgive those of my past…. Well to forgive most, but definitely not all.

“Here you go,” the waitress said, setting the ice cream down.

“Thank you,” I told her and she walked away. Scorpius started digging in immediately, though I was still eyeing Blaise down.

I took in a deep breath, “Fine, I forgive you Zabini…. For now.” I told him with a small smile, picking up my spoon. He smiled back. When we finished the ice cream, which Blaise paid for, he took us to a park; Scorpius was sitting on my lap, fast asleep.

“How old is he?” Blaise asked, breaking the silence.

“Well he is going to be six in three weeks.” I told him. Blaise perked up a bit at hearing that.

“So that means he is a Malfoy? No wonder he looked like him,” Blaise said.

“My son is a Smith, not a Malfoy,” I snarled.

“Does he know who his father is?” he asked me.

“No he does not, and I would like to keep it that way for as long as I can.” I told him.

He nodded, “Where do you live now?” he asked.

“I live with the Weasleys,” I told him.

“Ah, why might I ask? What happened to your father?” he asked me.

“I don’t really want to talk about it,” I told him honestly. He nodded and didn’t bring it back up.

“Why are you and Malfoy not together, though knowing Malfoy he probably didn’t want the responsibility of taking care of a child,” he told me smirking.

“Actually, he was very supportive of his son. I broke up with him because he was not trustworthy. He did not care at all about me or more importantly my child.” I told him, getting annoyed by the turn of our conversation.

“It’s his son as well,” Blaise felt the need to point out.

“As far as I’m concerned, he has no son.” I told him, my temper was starting to rise again.

“Okay, okay I understand. So has anything interesting happened in these five years?” Blaise asked me.

“Well, Ron’s brother Bill, got married three years ago, and him and his wife had a baby girl. And remember Professor Lupin? Well he has a son, just a year younger than my Scorpius.”I told him, smiling down at Scorpius.

“What about, how has life been treating you?” I asked him.

“As good as it could, considering the wizarding war that is going on. I must say that I am no sides, I chose to keep to myself now.” He told me.

“That’s good... I guess, you know keeping to yourself. I would do that to, but with my precious little gift, I need all the people I can get,” I told him.

“He does seem like a special little boy,” Blaise said, observing Scorpius carefully. I looked down with him,

“Yeah, he special. As special as a child could get, actually my boy is very special indeed… well from what I heard.” I told him.

“And what is it that you have heard?” Blaise asked me.

“Um… I don’t... I don’t know,” I told him.

“Oh, c’mon Adriana, you can trust me.” he said, I cocked my eyebrow at that one.

“Okay okay, I deserve that look. But Adriana, you said it yourself. What’s in the past is in the past,” he told me.

“Yeah, but some things are very hard to forget,” I told him with a sigh. “Alright, I’ve learned that Scorpius is skilled with Legilimency and Occlumency,” I whispered.

He perked up, “Really? So I’m guessing you’re skilled in one?” he asked.

“Yes, my mother and I are Occlumens, and Scorpius’s father is a Legilimens,” I told him.

He nodded his head, “Might I ask why is it that you can’t say Draco Malfoy’s name,” he asked me. I sighed, suddenly getting tired of this conversation.

“Um, it’s getting late, I think it’s time I get Scorpius home and into his bed,” I told him standing up, Scorpius in my arms. Blaise looked a bit disappointed.

“Oh, well it was nice talking to you today Adriana, very interesting things I learned about you,” he told me. I gave him a confused look, but he just smiled and walked away.
I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling about what just happened today. We arrived back to the Weasleys’ and I set Scorpius down in his bed. I bent down and gave him a kiss on his forehead before retiring to my room. I huffed as fell on my bed. I took my shoes off, and threw them into the closet, causing a few things to fall. I walked over and began picking things up and putting them in there right place. I began to pick up one of my old school books, but something shiny caught my eye. I picked it up and sighed, it was the necklace Scorpius’s father gave me on Christmas five years ago. I stared at it, it hadn’t glowed in four years, and it didn’t seem the same. I didn’t want to throw it out, no matter how many bad memories I got from looking at it. But as it may give me bad memories, it still made me reminisce over all the good ones. I put the necklace around my neck and laid down, silently hoping that its pair wasn’t glowing right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did Adriana Speak to much ?