Almost Easy

Chapter Twenty Three

I woke the next morning to see Brian sprawled out in all his glory beside me. I looked at the alarm clock it read 11am; I wonder what time Brian crawled into bed. I got up, put on my silk dressing gown, and made my way downstairs to make brunch. I noticed a note on the table from Matt and Val, they had gone to visit Val’s mum for her birthday. I went to the cupboard and pulled out the box that said 6 pieces cooking set and got out the saucepan. I rinsed off the saucepan, placed it on the stovetop, placed a pack of bacon in the saucepan, and put bread in the toaster. I pulled out the pack of aspirin and placed them on the bench along with a jug of water and several glasses. No doubt, the boys would need it after the night they had. I heard feet descending the stairs and soon enough a shaggy looking Zacky entered the room making a beeline straight for the water and painkillers.

“Rough night?” I asked flipping the bacon and putting a few eggs in a smaller saucepan.

“Yeah, good though,” he said downing the pills and water. He sat at the bench and watched me cooking, he thought I could not see him but I could see his reflection in the still shiny tiles. His face distorted by the opacity surface but still I could see him.

“So, you and Danni looked adorable yesterday,” I said turning around and he quickly averted his eyes.

“Really? It didn’t really feel natural, but it’s what they wanted,” he said shrugging. I put some bacon, eggs and some toast onto a plate and handed it over to Zacky, who took it and started scoffing it down.

“What aren’t you eating?” he asked when I sat down with only a cup of tea.

“Not really hungry, besides I saw what came out of that,” I said referring to the amount of fat that came out of the bacon.

“You know you could eat anything you wanted, you don’t need to watch your weight you’re very beautiful,” he said and he blushed showing he instantly regretting openly admitting this. We sat in silence for a few minutes until we heard more footsteps’ descending the stairs, in tow was Brian, Jimmy, Johnny, and Danni. All quickly getting plates and piling on the food.

“Babe, what about your morning sickness?” said Zacky when Danni started to eat her breakfast.

“Hon, my morning sickness was when you were passed out on the bed, I am perfectly fine now,” she said grumpily.

“Oh, sorry about that babe, I’ll try better,” he said sleepily.

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to change your lifestyle for me,” she replied, someone was cranky this morning.

“Where’s Matt and Val?” asked Brian who snaked his arms around me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“They left early to see Val’s mum for her birthday.”

“It’s her birthday? I thought it wasn’t until the end of the month?”

“Yeah well obviously it’s not. So what would you like to do today?” I asked him. Today we agreed for it to be ‘us day’, he looked nervous as he went to sit down and I saw the guys all look down.

“Um well the guys and I all decided last night that we would go to the beach and just chill,” he said.

“Oh, um yeah sounds great,” I said.

“What about me Zacky, I’m not going to the beach with my baby bump! I already get a lot of you fans coming up to me in the street and rubbing my belly,” said Danni a little nervous.

“Don’t worry babe, no one said you had to wear a bikini.”

“Well perhaps us girls can go shopping on the pier? Perhaps for baby clothes?” I said trying to get Danni to cheer up.

“But we don’t know the sex yet?” Zacky said, and I shrugged.

“Oh well we can buy unisex things, or toys whatever.”

“Okay so it’s set,” said Danni lighting up.

I went to my room and had a shower and began to get ready for the day, I already sent sms messages to Val and Tamby who both agreed to meet us at Hot Topic, as they always had the cutest baby outfits. Well that and since we did a shoot for their campaign, they gave us voucher that entitled us to 40% off. We entered the store around 3pm; it was a Monday so there was the usual crowd of teenagers in the mall after school.

“Oh this is sooo cute!” said Val holding up a pink skelanimals bodysuit. I agreed I loved skelanimals.

“Awe, this is too!” I said holding up a Pantara shirt, after 15 minutes of gathering items of clothing we finally exited the store with our new buys, we headed to the beach and slipped off our shoes once we hit the sand. We saw the boys loitering in their favourite spot. Who could miss them though, there were five people with tattoo’s wearing black, and no wonder fans always recognised them.

There were a few girls in scantily clad bikinis hanging around them, so me and the girls decided to sit on the bench nearby and see how the boys reacted. No surprise at all was Brian’s hands on approach, Zacky was trying his hardest to ignore them, and Matt was stone cold. Jimmy and Johnny were nowhere to be seen. I saw Brian pull out his phone and give it to the girl he was talking to and my jaw dropped, once a player always a player.

“What you girls looking at?” said Jimmy sitting beside me, and I pointed at Brian who was now hugging the girl and giving her a kiss on the lips.

“Oh shit,” he said running his hands through his hair.

“Um well I think I have to go, I shall um talk to you guys later tonight okay?” I said trying not to let the hurt be reflected in my voice.

“Elora wait!” said Tamby, as I hailed a cab from the taxi rink.

“What Tamby? Don’t say that was in my head, because I know you saw it too!” I said a little annoyed.

“I wasn’t, I was going to say do you want a friend? We can go to my place, no one knows where that is and we won’t be bothered by them for some time,” she said, I smiled. This chick was truly genuine, even if she was getting a bit of Jimmy and Johnny at the same time.

“Wait I want to come too!” said Danni coming up behind us with a handful of bags.