Almost Easy

Chapter Twenty Four

I few months had passed and I swore on every ones lives not to tell Brian what I had saw that day at the beach, but I felt myself tearing up inside whenever he said he was off to the beach. I ended up confronting him about that but that turned out for the worse. I never knew if he was by himself or if she was with him. Matt had been avoided eye contact with me at all cost when Val told him what we saw.. Danni was beginning to show a lot now, she was in her final months of her pregnancy, and she looked amazing. I sat in the cold dark house for the second day in the row, contemplating my existence. I looked down at my arm that was in a cast, why?

~ Flash Back ~

I sat in the kitchen waiting for my banana cake to finish cooking in the oven when I heard the doorbell ring. I bounced through the house to open the door to see Jimmy standing there.

“Jimmy, and why do I get the pleasure of your visit?”

“Well I was just casually walking past when I smelt you lovely banana cake cooking in the oven, and I am thinking ‘hmm, its either still cooking or just out maybe I can get free food!’,” he said making me smile, he always knew how to cheer me up.

“So Miss Chef, where is the fiancée?” Jimmy asked as we sat down in the kitchen.

“He left early this morning, so I have no idea,” I said lying. I knew where he was. He was with her, the skimpy tramp from the beach. I heard the phone ring and answered.

“Hey sweetie where are you?” I asked, and signalling Jimmy to be quiet and put him on speakerphone.

“Hey babe, I am just down at Johnny’s bar with Jimmy, we will be home late tonight so don’t wait up ok,” he said smoothly.

“Um, err yeah ok, love you babe,” I said with a tear rolling down my face.

“Yeah you too,” he said coldly before hanging up. Before I knew it, Jimmy was on the phone to Zacky telling him and Danni to come over.

“Zacky is coming over straight away, Danni is sleeping so he didn’t want to wake her,” Jimmy said before going to the oven and pulling out the slightly burnt cake.

“El, you okay?” Zacky said bursting through the front door, he wrapped his arms around me in a loving embrace and I broke down crying.

“Why Zacky, why would he do this to me?” I said through sobs, Jimmy by this time had left cake tin in hand to seek out Brian and ask him what the fuck his problem was.

“Shh... It’ll be okay, I promise,” he said kissing my forehead.

“What if it isn’t Zacky? What will I do if he leaves me for that fucking bitch?”

“He won’t, he is stupid if he puts a girl like her in front of you. You are his fiancée. I know he loves you. Brian is just an idiot most of the time,” he said rubbing my back soothingly. I looked into his green eyes, they always seemed to take me out of reality, and rested my head on his shoulder once I had finished gazing.

“You deserve better, but I know you love him. I just don’t get why you let him do this to you,” he said.

“In the vain hope that he gets his desires taken care of before our wedding in December.”

“Well babe, I got to go back and see if Danni is okay. If you need space from him our place is always open.”

“Thanks Zacky you’re a good friend,” I said kissing him softly on the lips, probably lingering a little more then I should off for just a friend.

I sat in the lounge room and watched the clock tick, it had just turned over 12:15am when Brian came in the door. He turned a pale shade of white when he saw me. He knew he was busted.

“Babe, I told you not to wait up,”

“Oh really, well I was just wondering where the fuck you’ve been for the past thirteen hours Brian, because Jimmy was here earlier and said he has not seen you since Friday!” I said standing up, walking over to him. “Just tell me, where you with that skanky bitch from the beach the other week?” His face filled with confusion, hate, and anger, and finally sorrow when he realised I knew about his secret lover.

“I didn’t mean too...” he began, tears welled up in my eyes, and I went to our room, Brian following all the way apologising. I picked up my suitcase of belongings off the bed and began to towards the stairs.

“Elora where the fuck are you going?”

“I am going to Zacky and Bella’s place, and then I am moving back in with my parents,” I said at the top of the stairs. I turned to walk down the stairs when he grabbed my wrists and pulled me in for a kiss, but I pushed him away as soon as I smelt her cheap perfume on his clothes.

Fuck of Brian!” I said, I noticed rage fuel in his eyes, and he pushed me, causing me to lose balance and fall down the stairs. I screamed in pain as I felt my arm and felt a bone making a lump in the skin.

“Elora, oh my god I am so sorry,” he said running down the stair, however by that time Matt had barged into the house and helped me up being careful of my arm.

“Brian what the fuck has you done!” said Matt picking my up bridal style. Jimmy came in and picked up my suitcase.

“What the hell is going on here?” said Zacky said, as soon as he saw my arm and Brian at the steps, he ran and punched him in the face. That is where I passed out.

A week later, I awoke in hospital, apparently, the fall down the stairs, I had caused swelling around my brain, which they were able to release. The doctors asked me what happened and I could not remember anything, the last thing I remembered buying our new house with Brian. I could not understand why the guys would not let me see Brian, and eventually they caved in after I screamed at him. We arrived back out house, which was in pristine condition, and Brian did not even think about telling me he pushed me down the stairs.

~ End Flash Back ~

That was until now, he had come home last weekend with a scent I had smelt before, and then like water running from a dam wall, the memories of the few weeks before my coma came flooding back to me. Of course, I was not going to tell him that I remembered, I had to devise a plan to get out of his life.