Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

That Place In My Mind, Is That Space That You Call Mine.

“Good evening and welcome to the program. Our top story tonight, deadly explosion at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, Saturday night. As it stands now, 30 deaths in the hotel have been linked to said explosion. The official count has not yet been determined. Among those killed, famous illusionist Criss Angel, also Matt Sanders, Jimmy Sullivan, Zack Baker, Brian Haner Jr, and Johnny Seward of rock band Avenged Sevenfold. There are also rumors of rock band Slipknot members Corey Taylor, Joey Jordison, and Sid Wilson being killed as well as Joseph Poole also known as Wednesday 13.”

Brian Williams takes a breath before continuing his report.

“We will do what we can to bring you the latest coverage of this story as it unfolds. Our condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends of those who have lost loved ones in this truly horrific tragedy.”

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Constance's POV~

Quickly I turned the TV off when Corey walked into the room. We were in hiding somewhere in the fucking boonies. We were staying in a small cabin surrounded by thick trees hidden from society. There was a power generator outside, but inside there were no real rooms, other than the bathroom. A bed was set up the main room, as well as a TV, an end table, and a lamp. A small icebox sat under a table in the far corner with a microwave on top of it. Corey told me that this was his favorite place to go and hide from the world. He said no one knew about it and he never brought anybody else here... until now.

What happened on that night could only be explained as complete insanity.

See, Corey called Joey, told him the situation, but Joey picked up quickly on Corey's hints. They weren't going to allow Criss to get away with his betrayal, and the demons were going to lose their bodies. That was probably not the best idea, since now if they show up, we wouldn't really be able to recognize them as quickly.

I'm assuming there was a plan, but things seemed to get out of control once Criss grew suspicious of Corey's loyalty. The demons picked up on this as well. Before I knew it, it was as if I were sitting ringside at the fucking WWE Smackdown.

In a panic, Criss took hold of Wednesday. Obviously he knew I wasn't going to be able to change him, but he wasn't about to let him go. No, he had been waiting for far too long for this opportunity, and even if he wasn't going to be around to see it, he'd be sure to try.

I'm not exactly sure what set off the explosion, or how we made it out with only a few cuts and bruises.

Joey, Sid, and Wednesday went on their way. Considering Wednesday was going through the changes, he would need someone to teach him the ropes, and who better than Joey and Sid?

I would miss my talks with Sid, but I figured eventually it would be safe to see them again.

The other guys in the band were busy tying up loose ends. The band Slipknot may be dead now, but the clan was still alive. Well, sort of.

“Here” Corey walked over to me holding two brown rabbits. “It isn't much, but they'll do the job for tonight.”

I nodded but couldn't choke out any words.

I was still in a state of shock. What was I? More than human, more than a vampire, more than a demon. Something brand new. It seemed as though I would never get any real answers, but I wasn't sure if I wanted them.

Whatever life I had before as a human was obviously long dead, but now, I'd have to say goodbye to whatever life I had as a vampire. Corey and I were supposed to be dead, and we'd be forced to live under the radar for a while.

After all of the “excitement” I figured things wouldn't be so bad. It'd be nice to have an excuse to actually relax. Well, relax as much as possible with the thought that at any given moment someone could discover us still alive and kill us for real.

I drained the rabbit completely dry causing Corey to chuckle. This brought on an overwhelming sense of comfort.

I smiled.

His faded.

“Constance.” He said taking the rabbit from my hands and tossing it aside. “I love you.”

I looked away. I wanted to tell him how I loved him too, but I just couldn't make the words form together.

He placed his hand under my chin and turned my head to where I was facing him. Our eyes locked for only a moment before his lips were pressed to mine.

He pulled away to speak again. “We're going to get through this.” His words were soft but confident.

I leaned over and rested my head in his lap. “I love you too.” I whispered as I closed my eyes allowing his fingers to randomly twirl around in my hair.

...

The next few months were uneventful. Mostly just hunting and training in-case someone discovered us. Luckily, for whoever was looking, no one ever did.

We had lost all contact with the others, but Corey assured me that someday we'd be able to reunite. The thought of this comforted me, but only caused me to miss them more.

I suppose this story has come to an end. I never did relate much to fairy tales, but if this was to be my happily ever after, I would take it. Of course, that sort of ending isn't usually meant for the monsters, so I knew it wouldn't last... But I would enjoy it all the same while keeping a part of my mind focused on what could be out there, looking for us, waiting for us, and ready for us...

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the wait to get this update posted. Thank you to everyone who read this story, even if you didn't comment or subscribe :D Although this story has ended, please feel free to comment! Also, if anyone is interested, I'll be starting the Wednesday 13 fic soon, and possibly another fic that doesn't tie in to this one or the Wednesday one at all. Thanks again!