Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 2

ALEX'S POV

We walked out of the clinic, in a little bit of a state of shock. Silently we walked hand in hand to my car. I opened the door for Erin, made sure she was safely in, then went round to the drivers side and closed the door. We sat in absolute silence for a good ten minutes.

"Wow..." Erin started, breaking the thick air of quietness.

I slowly turned to her and her eyes met mine as she turned her head too. "Yeah...wow..." And then I smiled from ear to ear, watching as she did the same. 

Erin let out a laugh of happiness that she had probably been holding in since the appointment and being handed the scan photos. I joined in with her laughter, a little in disbelief. "Oh my god, Alex...can you believe it?"

"Honestly? No. It sounds to good to be true. We're gonna have twins. We're gonna be having three kids. I just...this is amazing," I gushed, not quite knowing what to say to express my excitement.

Erin looked at me a little curiously, her laugher fading.

"What?" I asked her, trying not to let worry take its place on my tongue.

She shook her head, but a slight smile remained. "You're seriously happy?" I nodded in confusion, why wouldn't I be happy? Was she not happy? "I don't get it, Alex, you're twenty five. You're in a famous band. You already have a kid. And now you actually really want more kids? I just don't understand. What happened to the man whore who used to go on tour, sleep with a load of women, cheat, write songs about his conquests and escapades...what happened to make you like this? Wanting to marry someone and have kids with them...I just don't get it. I mean, I knew you cared when I was a fan but I didn't sugar coat everything, I wasn't oblivious to the fact that you had a reputation, every fan paid attention to it in some way, even by accident...I don't understand how you got to be so...I don't know, so middle aged for want of a better phrase."

I could see her trying to figure it out in her mind. I smiled small and lifted her chin up so I could look into her eyes. "Hey, that guy you used to obsess over? He met this really awesome girl, got her pregnant without knowing her, but thought enough of her to stick around and accept responsibility. And then he fell in love with her. He grew up," I told her, watching a mild blush appear on her cheeks. It was quite cute really. But then a frown appeared on her face. Whatever the thought was that she was trying to shake out of her mind, it wasn't leaving. So I had to ask her about it. "What're you thinking now?"

It was as if she were trying to piece the words together. "Well...you're not just with me because of Jasey, right? Because its awfully strange that a young guy would want kids so early..."

I shook my head in exasperation. "Erin, if I was with you just because of Jasey, you'd know about it, trust me. First off, I probably wouldn't even be with you. We'd just be roomies at the very least, and that would only be of I accepted responsibility for our daughter." I loved hearing myself say our daughter. It just sounded so...right...so perfect. "Secondly, I'd be out partying almost every night, or at least drinking every night, and I would probably still be an infamous manwhore. So really, don't worry. I'm with you because I love you. I love you and our daughter and our kids yet to come, okay? I wouldn't marry someone just because I had a kid with them. I may not be a man of many morals, but I couldn't do that, it's just not right."

Erin bit her lip and nodded a little.

"Now wanna tell me what the real issue is?" She looked up at me, startled that I could tell there was something more I guess, but she was making it obvious by the anxious look on her face.

It took her a moment, and I didn't push her. "Well I guess...I mean...and I really don't want to hurt you in any way by saying this but...well...you haven't cheated on me, have you? Because I mean it's understandable, I'm nothing special and I'm changing with being pregnant and all so I can understand if you don't find me attractive...I'd just rather know, I don't wanna think that I was holding you back from being able to go out and enjoy yourself."

I blinked at her for a minute, letting her words sink in. I went through a range of emotions in my head, but settled on calm and supportive, because that was what she needed.

"Okay, Erin, you are everything to me. You think I'd screw up my chances with you by reverting back to bad habits? You're the most important person in the world to me...well you and Jasey and these kids," I said as I touched her bump, causing a fleeting smile to grace her lips. "And I can still go out and enjoy myself without hooking up and getting out of my rats arse drunk every night, I mean I still get drunk, just not as bad or as often as I used to because I know I have you and our kid to come home to and I don't wanna jeopardise that for anything so stupid because it really isn't worth it. And as for you being unattractive...fuck did you see what you did to me last night? Plus I found you attractive when you were giving birth to Jasey, so I really don't think being pregnant is gonna convince me that I should never wanna touch or look at you again. I love you too much for that, Erin, so in answer to your question, no, I have never cheated on you, nor do I have any intention of doing so, okay?"

"Okay," Erin mumbled. I sighed. I clearly had work to do here. As I started the car and drive back home, I started to think of ideas to actually make her believe me.

But if only life were so simple as saying 'I live you.' Funny how you never expect the tough shit to happen to you.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it's short but I haven't posted in a couple days which feels like ages, so I just wanted to post SOMETHING :) hopefully tomorrows chapter will be better!

COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!!

THANK YOU FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!