Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 45

ERIN'S POV

For the first few minutes I was confused to say the least. Where the hell was Alex taking me? He couldn't really arrange a surprise at such short notice. And then his words sunk in. And I could feel the smile spreading on my lips. Of course, Alex had been snatching glances at me and when he finally saw the way I smiled, he knew that I knew and was able to focus on the road.

We drove in comfortable silence, appreciating the company.

And then there we were. Alex pulled up, got out of the car and came to my side, opening the door for me like a gentleman. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the cheesiness of it all. 'Gosh, Alex, you're so weird,' I teased.

'Ah but you know you love it.'

'I'm not so sure, there was a reason I lost my memory, right?'

He put his hands on his chest and feigned sadness. 'You killed me. I am dead.'

'Mhmm, you're also a twat,' I told him and poked my tongue out at him. He shook his head but smiled, and picked my hand back up. We didn't need to say anything more. Our heartbeats did all the work we needed them to.
ou
Alex lead us to the signpost and we both looked up. One sign pointed to Thames Street, the other pointed to South Broadway. We sat on the ground together, Alex leaning against the post, my body cradled by his. It wasn't the tension that kept me warm.

'I don't know what I'd do without you, Alex. Please, never let me let you go.'

'I wouldn't dream of it,' he whispered back to me. 'How could I ever let you pass me by? I was so scared that it would take you months, years, to fall back in love with me. I was even more scared that you wouldn't love me at all. But I got lucky. I don't know how I managed to get you the first time, let alone second. I...I don't know how to thank you for that. I don't know how I could ever in a million years have lived without you.'

'Well guess what? You don't have to. You have me, now and forever. I didn't need to fall back in love with you when I was already in love with you far before we had Jasey. You don't have to worry, I don't think I could ever lose that part of my heart. As long as you love me, you'll never lose me.'

Alex buried his face in my hair as I leaned against his chest. He moved his head and tipped mine up so that he could look into my eyes before leaning down to kiss me, softly. It was damp and warm and filled with all the emotions impossible to communicate with words alone. When we broke apart his eyes were sparkling with a tenderness I could not fully understand, I only knew that my own eyes harbored the same look.

'Erin, I need you. It's as simple as that. You've given me everything I ever wanted and I love you. And to be able to do this again? Well that's just the icing on the cake. I promise, I will never let you hurt again, but if you ever do start to feel any emotion other than happiness...well I'll try my damn hardest to be there for you. To bring you back to me. Erin, I love you. Will you marry me? For the second time?' Not once did he divert his gaze from me. I bit my lip and smiled in the same instant.

'I just can't get rid of you, can I?' Alex chuckled at this and rolled his eyes. 'Of course I will dumbass, you didn't even need to ask.'

'You asked me to!'

'Oh wow, arguing already? Next stop, marital bliss,' I joked.

Alex rolled his eyes once more before giving me a second kiss. This was swift, but still ever so sweet. 'Don't complain, you get to dress up in a big ass dress again and get shit loads of money spent on you.'

'Shut up, it's spent on you too.'

'Nuh uh, the groom is just an ornament. Everybody knows it's all about the girl. And who could blame them? Just look at her,' he said, smiling. I smiled back and snuggled up to him.

'Well, they clearly can't appreciate a good looking man.'

'I knew you were only after me for my body.'

'Not quite, I want you for the bling too...hint hint.' Although I was joking, I felt Alex move his hand and out of his pocket (god knows how he fit anything in the pockets of skinny jeans), he procured a velvet box, handing it to me to open.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I stroked the box, savoring every moment before I opened it. 'I know you've already seen it and it's the same ring, but I figured that you might want it back. And I mean, you don't remember it...plus I was kinda short on time seen as, you know, we just decided all this.'

I smiled to myself. 'It's fine,' I told him. But I was wrong. It wasn't fine. Because when I lifted the lid and saw the silver ring in all it's simplistic, elegant beauty, I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was more than a meager "fine" I decided. 'It's perfect,' I whispered.

Alex kissed my head and put the ring on my finger for me. My hands were shaking too much to be able to take control of such things.

The moment was so perfect, neither of us wanted to move. But when the sun started to come up and our eyes started to droop in the comfort of each other, we decided it was time to drive back. When we reached our home, we silently made our way up the stairs and to Alex's - our - bedroom. Before we fell asleep together, Alex kissed me and we communicated without words just how much we loved each other.

Guess we weren't that tired after all.

*****
ALEX'S POV

Fairy lights lined the garden and a few chairs for close family and friends were set up, creating an aisle that lead to a small pavilion decorated with white roses.

First Allie and Jack walked down the aisle, then Sam and Zack, then Cass and Rian.

The sun was out and I stood with my best friends at the altar.

The violins started and my mother nodded with a smile and a tear in her eye. I smiled back at her, understanding completely.

Then, in no time at all, my father stepped out with Erin on his arm.

Her hair was pinned up with curls and her dress fell in ivory waves about her body. I was a fool if I didn't appreciate this woman before me. But I did. And I loved her.

I told her as much as we made our vows and she returned the feelings in her speech.

Our guests cried, our children tried to escape my mothers lap and I struggled to keep it together. It was even better than our first attempt.

We exchanged rings, we kissed, and too soon it was over.

But the rest of our lives? Well that story was just beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY it's finished BUT there will be a third installment! If you haven't got tired of me then stay tuned! ^.^

Thank you for following the story and I'm sorry I cut it short but I just couldn't wait to start the next one! PLEASE let me know what you thought! And what you wanna see in the next one!

Thank you for being so patient, please comment/recommend/subscribe etc...everything is appreciated! Thank you to whenwefirstmet, sierraye, and anyone else who commented! (those two are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head as I believe they were the most recent...I should really write these things down!)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!