A Time to Love

New Life

I cruised down the busy streets of Huntington Beach; my brown hair was whipping in all directions as I attempted to keep it under control. I was now wondering if putting the soft top down on my car had been a good idea, but the hot weather was telling me otherwise. I finally pulled up outside Brian and mines house. We had only been living in this house for a few months after we both decided a new life needed a new house, where Brian didn’t have bad memories from his past relationship. I adored our new place, which gave us plenty of space and the beach as part of our back garden. It was perfect!

I shut the car door and locked up before heading towards the front door. Brian was currently at the studio with the guys and wouldn’t be home for a few more hours, so I decided to start preparing dinner for us. Having used to live mostly alone as my father was away on work trips, I picked up a few handy tips for the kitchen. I began chopping up some vegetables and other ingredients as I sang along to a song on the radio.

I let out a sigh when I realised how much I missed singing. Back at school I had a music class almost everyday and those days I used to sing. Now the only time I sang was too myself either in the kitchen or shower. This is the only place I could sing, since no one out there seemed interested in a girl with a degree in music. Brian kept trying to get me a job down the studio he recorded at, but I was adamant not to use him for my own gain; I needed and wanted to do this on my own!

I removed myself from the trail of thought and carried on preparing the dinner. It was cut short when I heard the door opening and shutting. I placed the knife down, rubbing my hands against my denim jeans before I went looking to see who it was. The only few people who walked in were Brian, Alisha or one of the guys, but since all the boys were at the studio, I assumed it too be Alisha. Though when I saw Brian near the door greeting Pinkly in his adorable manner, I couldn’t help smiling.

“You’re home early,” I said, smiling as Brian moved over and greeted me with a loving kiss to the lips, “I didn’t expect you home until later.”

“The guys all wanted to call it quits tonight and get back to our lovely ladies,” He grinned, putting Pinkly to the floor and then embracing me into a tight hug, “I missed you today.” I smiled at the familiarity of Brian voicing his feelings. It was so good to hear most days how much he misses me and loves me, it was nice not to be left guessing all the time. And it sure helped me with my insecurities! You’d think being with a guy for two years would mean someone would get over their fears of the guy leaving, especially when they were a mega rock star who was almost ten years my senior. Though my fears were always put to rest when he told me those three little words.

“I was just making dinner,” I said, moving back into the kitchen to check on the chicken, “I thought I would cook up your favourite; Chicken chow mein!” Brian smiled when he heard I had been cooking for him.

“Can’t wait, baby,” he said, wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder. “But later you’re out this kitchen and you’re all mine!” I giggled, but nodded and complied to his wishes.

Brian left the kitchen to watch some game on TV as I finished up dinner. When it was ready we sat and ate and chatted about work. Brian seemed happy to be back doing a new album and potentially a tour. He said he enjoyed his year off to do some teaching, though in the studio was where he belonged. Subject soon turned to me and Brian frowned when he saw me cringe at the subject. Brian hated that I worked in a bar, and said he had plenty of money to support us both, but I was too damn stubborn and wanted to pull my weight. The pub job was just something I could put money away for myself until a job in music popped up. That’s all I wanted to do!

“You know there is a job going down the studio as a PA,” Brian suggested, “I mean, I know it isn’t necessarily what you aspire to do, but it can lead you places. Our old PA who helped us with organisation etcetera got promoted last year and now we have some new intern and I am sure they will eventually get promoted. It’s a good job, Jaime.” I shook my head at what Brian was saying.

“I will drop my CV down but if I find that you have said anything to them, then I will not take it. I want to do this on my own, Bri,” I was now pouting, but Brian found it some what amusing and approached me so he could place a kiss upon my lips.

“How about we take the rest of this wine and head upstairs? I want to show my girlfriend how much I appreciate her…” I laughed, though sent Brian up and told him I would follow behind. I placed our plates into the dishwasher and turned the lights out before heading upstairs. I couldn’t help smiling when I took in the naked torso of Brian as he lay in bed. I still don’t know how I got so lucky with him, but I learnt not to question it all the time. For some odd reason, this man was mine and I was planning on keeping it like that.

***


The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I had woken up an hour or so ago as Brian left for the studio, but it still didn’t stop the disappointment as I woke up without him. Since he was working in the studio, we hadn’t had many morning kisses, and that was something I was missing.

Today I was seeing Alisha and the girls and we had planned on going shopping. I frowned when I saw Brian had left his card on the side with a note telling me to pamper myself. I ignored the note and card and instead grabbed my own purse with my own money. Brian would flip later, but right now he wasn’t here to argue and so I would take my chances.

The girls all met at starbucks and it honestly felt like forever since I last saw them all.

“Jaime, I missed your pretty face,” Leana screeched, “Where you been girl?” She said, grabbing me into a bone crushing hug. Other than Alisha, Leana was definitely my next to turn to since it was evident we had always clicked. Don’t get me wrong, I adored Gena and Lacey, but something about Leana just made me feel comfortable.

“Work has been keeping me busy,” I replied, noting the look of distaste on all their faces. ‘Don’t look at me like that, you know I need to do something. I’m like a shark; if I stop moving, I die!” Everyone laughed though I just pouted. None of them got why I wasted my time in Johnny’s bar. It may be the groups favourite hangout, but it didn’t mean people didn’t object to me working there… Because they did!

“We’re not saying you should sponge off Brian, but we all think you should be using this time to focus on what you want to do with that degree you have, rather than serving horny old men!” Gena said, sipping her coffee and looking at me with worry.

“I like working there, and I need to do something while I’m looking for something better,” I replied, “Now quit ganging up on me and let’s get shopping!”

All the girls grabbed their things and headed out. Alisha noticed I had hung back and so pulled back with me.

“I understand why you’re working there, but we all do worry about you,” Alisha said, nudging me and smiling. “Brian told Matt that you’ve just not been the same lately and he hates to see you like this.”

“I hate this too, Ali, but I just can’t be a complete failure. At least if I don’t find anything, I will have put away some money. The job pays well and I’m not about to start turning to Brian’s money just so I don’t have to work. I won’t do it!”

Alisha knew not to preach and so with a quick hug, we caught up with the group. Today I wouldn’t burden people with my life and I wouldn’t let myself get down. Today would hopefully clear my mind completely and leave only positive thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the beginning of 'A Time To Love'.
Obviously the first chapters are never as interesting as what is to come, so keep and eye out because we have lots of ideas for this story!