Status: In progress.

Secrets Are Full of Surprises

Mud Streaks

** Please read the author's note BEFORE you comment! :) <3 **

One Week Later.

Zach's POV.


When I "wake up" this morning it's because of Michael shaking me.

"Zach! Zach! Wake up! Wake up Zach!"

"What?" I ask as I sit up.

"Skyler!"

"What about her?"

He swings me over his shoulder and walks out of my room.

"Michael, what the Hell are you doing?!" I ask as I realize he's shaking.

He opens the backdoor and drops me on the grass in the backyard and points to something.

I look and see two tracks in the mud - caused from last night's rain. It looked like someone was dragged. And I also notice a note pined to the swing set and muddy streaks on the fence like someone climbed over it, dragging someone.

"What the-?!"

"Someone kidnapped Skyler." Michael whispers.

I run over to the note, avoiding the tracks. The words are cut out from a magazine and it reads:

Hello Michael. I took your wife. 10 million bucks will get her back. But only if you pay me tomorrow. If I don't have the 10 million by tomorrow, she will die. Call the police and everyone single person you know will die! Even Cameron Quiseng. I know where he lives. I'm sure you wouldn't want your family and Zach to die and I'm sure Zachy wouldn't want his precious girl, Cammy, to die.

Remember: Drop 10 million bucks at the abandoned building two blocks away from here tommorow.

Have a nice day.


"I came out here this morning 'cause I heard the dog barking." Michael whispers in a shaky voice from behind me.

"Did you call the police?"

"No."

"You should!"

"But he would kill everyone!"

"Yeah, right!"
**********
Ten minutes later the police are now here, examining the scene.

"You know something? Your smart. No one ever calls us when the kidnapper threatens to kill people. And everyone just ends up dead anyway." A officer comments.

Michael shivers as I wrap my arm around his shoulder.

"Don't worry. We'll find her alive. And everyone will stay alive." He smiles comfortingly.

"What if you don't?" Michael whispers.

"Try to think positive." I say.

"How?!"

"Well, the police will be doing their best and Skyler is a tough girl. Remember that time she punched and punched the security guard until he fell down because he wouldn't let her backstage at our concert?"

He smiles. "Yeah. She's tough. We were only boyfriend and girlfriend then."

"See? She can take care of herself."

"Your right." He nods, trying to convince himself.

He turns and walks slowly into the house. I follow him thinking:

'The kidnapper knows where Cameron lives?!?! WHERE IS HE?!?!'
♠ ♠ ♠
BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!!! SO WHADDA THINK ABOUT THAT?!? So normally I would ask for comments to update when something like this happened, but since I just did on the last chapter I'm not going to do that. BUT if you do COMMENT - and I hope you do! - the comment MUST be meaningful and not something like "Oh, I love this story so much!". Those comments make me smile but I don't want that this time. And don't post something JUST ABOUT a mistake I made. If I did make a mistake, tell me but also post what you think is going to happen. So when you comment, simply tell me what you think is going to happen. Thanks! <3 :)