Blue Angels

Chapter 3 "The New Girl"

Chapter 3
“The New Girl”

“Beep, Beep!”

I pulled the covers or my head, then rummaged through the junk on my dresser to find the snooze button. It’s only been two weeks and my room was already filled with clutter. I had clothes and shoes everywhere! I wasn’t really a neat person, as you can see. I sat up in my bed and looked at the clock.

“Six A.M!”

I rubbed my eyes and got out the bed onto my Mario slippers. I still have to get use to waking up this early. I grabbed my clothes, went into the bathroom and took a shower. I tried not to barf as I put on my uniform.

“Not bad,” I smiled, as I checked myself out in the mirror.

I was about to walk out the door when my cell phone started vibrating. It was from a unknown number; I decided to answer it anyway. I placed the phone on my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me, Shane. Come outside.”

I grabbed a bagel and walked out the door. Shane was standing outside my house in front of a brand new motorcycle. He held a blue helmet smiling at me.

“When did you get this?” I asked, shocked.

“Early birthday present, hurry up or we’re going to be late.”

I ran towards him, took the helmet and hopped on the back of the motorcycle.

I put the helmet on then shouted, “Let’s go!”

Shane laughed, “Now that’s what I like to hear.”

He jumped on the bike after me and we drove down the street.

“How did you get into Sonata Academy? I didn’t see you at the auditions.”

“My mom sent in a video of me playing the piano at my uncle’s wedding last year.” I frowned.

Shane laughed, “ You’re mom is getting more and more interesting.”

We rode past Shane’s house, We saw some people getting into a cherry red convertible.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“My brother and sister.” he replied.

Anna put her green backpack in the backseat of her brother’s convertible.

“Where’s Shane?” she asked.

Her brother Lane locked the door to their house and headed to the car after her.

“Shane went to go pick up so freshmen girl.”

Lane sat in the drivers seat next to his sister.

“Is she cute?” she asked.

Lane put his seat belt on and frowned at Anna.

“How should I know?”

Anna clicked her seat belt on then laid back.
“Interesting..” she smiled.

Lane started the car engine and they pulled out the driveway headed to school.

I was worried about fitting in at Sonata Academy, I didn’t wanna be a social outcast, like the last fourteen years of my life. When I got there, I realized I didn’t have to. Everyone else was all ready weird enough! As I walked through the halls with Shane, I saw all sorts of people. I saw one boy sitting on the ground by his locker playing the tuba. Another girl was beating the lockers with her drumsticks. Then another girl walked passed us wearing stockings on her head as ponytail holders.

“Is it always like this?” I whispered.

Shane smiled, “Yep, that’s Sonata for yah.” Shane grabbed my hand, “Let’s go get our schedules.”

On our way to the office, we were stopped by a tall girl. She had milky skin, long pink hair, flowing all the way down to her waste and hazel eyes.

“Shane’s got a new girlfriend, I see.”

Shane, blushed, “We’re just friends, Sakurya.”

Sakurya crossed her arms and smirked, “It doesn’t look that way to me.” she pointed to our hands; who just happened to be linked with one another.
We quickly separated and blushed.

“If you excuse us, we’re trying to get our schedules!” Shane said, irritated.

Sakurya laughed, “I see your getting angry, so I’ll lay off.”

Sakurya looked us up and down one last time the strutted down the hallway in her light pink five inch heels.

“See yah around Suzy!” she called.

“It’s Yumi!” I yelled back.

“Right!”

When we got our schedules I had to part from Shane to go find my classes. The first class I went to was “Music History.” Shane said, it’s where you learn how to play your instrument. I walked into the classroom and sat in the first empty desk I could find. Five minutes later a girl with chocolate skin, long black hair and dark blue eyes, walked into the class. She was wearing the uniform topped with a leather jacket and black high heel boots. She had a group of boys following her and they looked just about as friendly as she did. The girl stomped over to my table.

“Your in my seat!” she said in a intimidating voice.

“I-I didn’t know this was your seat.” I quickly tried to move, when she pulled me back down by my arm.

“Not you, him.” she pointed to the guy who was sitting next to me.

He had long light brown hair and dark brown eyes. He sat there with his head buried in a book. The guy seemed very quiet, because he hadn’t said a word to me when I came into the classroom. While all the other kids noticed I was new and had already asked me for my name.

“Are you deaf or something?” the girl barked at him.

The boy slowly looked up from his book annoyed. “The last time I checked it was a free country.”

The girl smiled, “Fine have it your way.” She clapped her hands and the huge dudes behind her knocked the brown haired boy’s book of the table and pulled him out of the chair. The girl sat down and smiled at me, she held out her hand.

“Hi, my name’s Jay.”

“I-I’m Yumi,” I replied ,distracted by the commotion going on behind her.

It turns out Jay and I have all of our classes together so we became like best friends overnight. I even learned all the names of her gigantic bodyguards. There was John, Mike, Tim and Anthony. Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. Jay led me to her table in the back of the cafeteria. Anthony handed her a plate of chicken wings covered in barbecue sauce. I just sat there and watched her stuff her face.

“Where’s your food?” she asked licking her fingers.

“I left my lunch money at home,” I blushed as my stomach rumbled.

Jay laughed, “ No problem. Chester!”

A nerdy kid ran over to her from the table next to ours.

“My friend Yumi here needs a lunch.” she pointed to me and I waved at the boy.

“O-one lunch coming right up!” the boy stuttered as he ran to the lunch line. He came back with a skirt stake and some apple juice.

Jay smiled, “Thanks Chester.”

“N-no problem,” he ran as fast as he could back to his own table.

“Who’s Chester?” I asked.

Jay was about to answer me, when the girl from earlier walked towards our table. She looked furious. I wondered what happen to her, she looked so happy this morning. She slammed her tray down on the table and I started pointing her finger in Jay’s face.

“I told you to stay away from Butch!” she yelled.

Jay got up from the table and put her finger in Sakurya’s face.

“The last time I checked, Butch could talk to anyone he wants! You’re not his keeper! You’re not even his girlfriend!” she shouted back.

Sakurya’s face was red with anger she shoved her. Jay tackled Sakurya to the ground and they started fighting. The whole cafeteria was starting to surrounded them. When a girl with long dark brown hair and green eyes came out of nowhere and started pulling Sakurya’s hair.

“Butch is mine!” she shouted.

I couldn’t just sit here and watch this without doing anything. So I tired to break up the fight, big mistake, the next thing I knew I was rolling around the cafeteria floor with them. Suddenly, the crowd of spectators started to disappear. A man in a black suit walked up to us.

“Detention!!” he yelled.

It was the first day of school and I already had detention? I knew this year was going to be an interesting one.