Status: idek ksjfak

Right From the Start

Party

“Honey, are you waiting for John?” I peeked at my mom who was in the kitchen, chopping some vegetables for dinner. I think she knew that I wasn’t going to eat here but her love for my dear sister and my dad was too overwhelming.

“Ma, are you even sure it’s John?” I found it hard to believe that my mom found John and me cute. Not everyone’s parents support their daughter’s love for her guy best friend. My mom turned to me with a big smile on her face.

“Isabelle, the way you acted these past few days is enough to tell me it’s about John.” She shook her head, still smiling. “I can’t imagine you being all giddy and flustered over another man.” I huffed and walked away, hoping that the butterflies in my stomach would leave me alone. Was I that obvious? John told me he’d be come by around seven but as every second passed by, irrational thoughts started to form. What if he forgot? What if he was just joking with me and his date was actually some hot girl I don’t even know? What if he got hit by a bus and was brought to a hospital? Okay the last one is very unlikely because there are no buses today. I’ve checked.

I paced around the room, brushing my dress every now and then so that I can pre-occupy myself. I had my hair properly curled today and I actually applied make-up. Laura told me to go wear heels but it wasn’t me. I slipped on some flats instead. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

I went over to our couch and slumped own on my knees, sighing. I glanced at the clock then back at my feet. First time to go to a High school party and I was already whacked up. My bag started to vibrate uncontrollably beside me, causing me to jump in surprise. I dug inside the small bag and fished out my phone. I looked at the caller ID and instantly grinned.

“Domino’s Pizza.”

“Oh! I’m sorry, uh wrong number…” John trailed off, uncertain of the situation. I started to giggle and after a few moments, a groan came from the other line. “Stop kidding around Isa. I really thought I dialed Domino’s.” I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing any longer and nodded even if he couldn’t see.

“Where are you now exactly?” I asked curiously.

“Actually, I’m right outside your house.”

“That’s just creepy.” I floundered. He chuckled on the other line and suddenly I heard loud honking coming right outside my house. I groaned inwardly and grabbed my purse, readying myself. Just as I was about to go outside to meet him, my mom came bursting out the kitchen with a silver chain in her hand. I raised my eyebrow at her as to what she was going to do. She went over to me and whispered a few words into my ear.

“For luck.” She made me turn around and clipped the tiny necklace around my neck. A small four-leaf clover hung from it, glistening in the twilight.

“It’s beautiful.” I murmured. She gave me a reassuring smile and gave me a slight push towards the door.

“Don’t keep him waiting.” I rolled my eyes and nodded. John rang the doorbell, the sound resonating inside the house. It was a quiet and peaceful night and the sound of that bell just ruined all of it. I hurried towards the door and opened it, revealing Mr. Perfect. I mean John wearing ripped jeans and a black tank top. I didn’t know that this was the attire guys wear to parties.

The way his eyes beamed when he saw me was enough to lift my spirits up. He looked at me up and down and whistled. The heat started to crawl up to my cheeks so I decided to smack him in the arm telling him that he should have manners. He rubbed his arm and gave me a crooked smile. A smile that any girl would die to see aimed at her.

“Hey.” I stared up into his olive green eyes and looked down at my blue shoes, feeling embarrassed. I looked up again only to find him watching me expectantly. I was going to say ‘hey’ too but then there was a lump lodged in my throat, inducing me to just grin at him shyly. He peered behind me and said his greetings to my mother. John led the way to his car while I did my best on keeping my dress from flying away all together. The wind just loves to torment my dress.

John stopped by my door and opened it for me like a gentleman. I scoffed and looked at him. “Are you really pulling the ‘act all gentlemanly and get on her good side’ card?”

“That’s an awfully long title for a card.” He replied an amused grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and got inside the car, breathing in that familiar car smell. He shut the door and walked over to the driver seat. The smell was a mix of pine leaves and a hint of…was that lavender? I fidgeted around in my seat partly because it was leather and my skin kept sticking to the seat and partly because I wasn’t used to wearing dresses. I pulled on the ends of my dress hoping it would cover up more of my skin. It rose up a bit to my thighs which only made me more conscious. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

John got inside the car and started the engine, the silent purr filling our ears. He slammed the door shut and drove away to where the party was. I actually had no idea as to where the party was supposed to be. I only hope that John brings me to a real party and not some deserted place where in he could kill me slowly and not a single person in the world would hear the screams. You can’t blame me for having this assumption. Every other person in the world must have thought about it one way or the other.

I shivered unconsciously and before I knew it, John threw me a jacket from his seat. “Did you just throw this jacket at me?” I asked skeptically. I narrowed my eyes at him while he just laughed and nodded.

“Way to go being Ms. Obvious.” He replied and smirked. I rolled my eyes and slipped my arms through the holes of his jacket, breathing in his familiar scent. The gesture was sweet and it made me smile to think he cares for me this much. Then I was left wondering why he even brought a damn jacket if he was going to wear a fucking tank top? I settled into the jacket he purposely threw at me and watched the houses pass us by; their porch lights glowing like a candle in the darkness. Way to go Isa for being so dramatic.

The ride to the party was silent…it wasn’t troubling or awkward. It was nice. The silence lasted the whole way to our destination and before I knew it, the engine stopped purring and we were parked a few steps away from a house that looked…like a total wreck. Red cups were littered all over the lawn, people were throwing up by the bushes and some were actually doing it outside. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and turned to John.

“Some party you invited me to.” John shrugged and got out of the car. I did the same and saw him waiting for me, his hand held out for me. I raised my eyebrow while he chuckled and reached for my hand gingerly.

“You might get lost in there.”

“I won’t. So let go.” I really didn’t want to let go of his hand because one, I feel safe and two, who wouldn’t enjoy their long time crush’s hand on theirs?

“Nah, I’d rather have you by my side.”

“That’s cheesy.” I mumbled, preparing myself for the worst as we walked to the house that was already pulsating. He tugged me along with a smirk on his face. I tried to decipher what the hell he was thinking but I’m no good at reading boys.

“I try.” He replied as he pushed the door open only to reveal a legion of drunken high school students dancing to some poppy song about sex and drugs. The party was, as John said, still beginning and I dreaded the moment where in this would be in full swing. I bet no one would be sober enough to remember their names or where they really were. John and I meticulously made our way to the kitchen, trying to avoid people grinding on each other while dancing. He had a grip on my hand while I had a grip on my purse. It was desperately straining away from me all throughout our ‘walk’ to the kitchen. Just two minutes in, I was already sweating and I now regret wearing a dress. I could feel air between my legs.

The smell of alcohol hung in the air making me twitch. Good news is that we finally made our way to the kitchen, bad news is that I have no idea what to do now because I don’t really socialize and Laura is nowhere to be seen. John on the other hand, was already talking to a few people and he was still holding my hand. I frowned at this pulled my hand away slowly, hoping that he wouldn’t notice. I was wrong. Again.

He immediately snapped his head to look at me, eyebrows raised in question. I gave him a tight smile before telling him I was going to get a drink. He nodded and went back to talking with his friends. I sighed and ran a hand through my somewhat messy hair and walked over to where the drinks were. I am very aware that half of the people in this house are underage and drinking isn’t on my agenda today so I opted on taking a sip from a bottle of orange juice. I bet they bought this from that grocery store down the block. They sell loads of this brand. I leaned on the counter and decided on whether I should go back to John and mingle or stay here and enjoy the not so enjoyable view? The urge to go back to John was a strong thought and I was really planning on doing that but of course, a girl came in the way and took pulled him away from his group of friends. I didn’t know how long it took me to notice it but John was half-way there to being a drunken asshole I don’t know.

He eagerly trailed behind her, a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes and drank more of the orange juice hoping I’d be drunk without actually drinking any alcohol. I clutched the bottle in my hand, releasing every ounce of irritation I had at John. Oh. He said he’d hold on to my hand so I won’t get lost. He said he’d rather have me by his side but the sight I witnessed a few moments ago told me he’d rather have some hot brunette. I tapped my foot absentmindedly and got another bottle of orange juice. I threw the empty one on the ground not caring about the guy who would clean up the mess afterwards. I drank half of its content until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and rehearsed my so called speech inside my head.

“If you’re going to ask me to dance with you just so you can feel me up afterwards and bring me to some secluded area where we can make out, the answer is no. I don’t think you’d want to have your balls cut out in public. Also, if you’re going to ask me if I want a drink, I’m fine with drinking bottled juice thank you.” I snapped to the guy tapping on my shoulder. I turned to look at him and almost spit everything I had in my mouth.

“That’s harsh.” Kennedy said, holding a hand over to where his heart was. I rolled my eyes and watched the bodies in what seemed to be the living room dance the night away. “You look pissed.” Again, another roll of the eyes before I turned to face him.

“It’s not everyday where in you get ditched by your date over some girl who will most probably have sex with him later on.” I laughed bitterly afterwards, glaring at those people on the ‘dance floor’. “This party is lame.” I added. It’s my first high school party and so far, my opinion is lame. I could have chosen a variety of words to describe my distaste but…I’d rather not.

“You do know this is my party and my house right? I could kick you out for being rude.” Kennedy replied, his face dead serious. I choked on my own saliva, eyes wide.

“Oh crap. Sorry. I mean, uh, this party rocks!” His façade started to crumble and soon he was cracking up, holding his stomach. I slowly lowered my raised hand and smiled nervously. “So you won’t kick me out?” I had no ride home and Laura still wasn’t in my view so yeah I really don’t want to get kicked out. He stopped laughing until only a few chuckles escaped from his mouth.

“I was joking about kicking you out…you’re funny you know that?” I blushed at his statement and looked away. Finally, someone who likes my humor besides John and Laura. It was fun hanging out with Kennedy. He was nice and humorous, like me. I guess now I know why Jordan became really good friends with him. I felt another tap on my shoulder and I was about to say something mean and offensive once again but the look on Kennedy’s face told me not to. Instead, I spun around and was surprised to see dear Laura wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. Oh let’s not forget the slippers she was wearing. To say that I was annoyed at her for making me wear a dress was an understatement.

“You purposefully wanted me to wear a dress to this party didn’t you?” I said, teeth grinding. She giggled and nodded her head.

“You look pretty though. What did you-know-who say?” Her grey eyes twinkled in anticipation but the way I glared at her was enough to make her frown.

“Nothing? At all?” I nodded, gripping my purse. She gave out an exasperated sigh and groaned. “After all the trouble we’ve been through…”

Kennedy coughed behind me which brought me back to my senses. “Oh right, Kennedy, Laura, Laura Kennedy.” They gave their ‘hello’s’ and started to have some small talk. I fiddled with my hair and saw a guy coming over to out little group. I was feeling bitter and sarcastic and I really wasn’t up on talking to random guys. I was just about to say an endless stream of profanities before Laura came in front of me and pulled the guy’s hand. I closed it and stared at the two of them in confusion. Laura giggled softly and I knew this guy was her date.

“Isa, this is—“

“Jared!” Kennedy exclaimed giving the guy a bro fist.

“Thanks for cutting me off!” Laura added, glaring at Kennedy. He held up his palms as an apology and Laura turned back to me. “Yeah, his name is Jared as what Kennedy said. Jared, this girl right here is my dear friend Isa.”

“Hey! You’re John’s friend right?” I guess that label will forever be stuck with me. I smiled and nodded.

“You’re also in the band right?” He chuckled and nodded.

“Small world.” I mumbled and looked over at Laura who was smiling like a retard. “Can I borrow Laura for a while? You can have Kennedy.” I pulled Laura with me and walked away from the two boys who were now actively engaged in conversation. I settled into bringing her outside where only a few people were. I had a feeling they were drunk and out of their mind so they won’t be able to comprehend much of this conversation.

“You like him.” I said flatly, watching her watch the ground.

“No.”

“Stop lying and just admit it.” She looked up at me with tired eyes and wearily nodded. I beamed and hugged her. “Did something happen before?” She sighed and nodded again.

“I sort of, bumped into him a few times and he was so nice to me and okay, when we went to their practices, we talked a lot and got to know each other…I guess you could say I like him.” She finally said. I smiled, happy that she found a guy she likes. I was getting tired of her being single all the time. She gazed at me with a quizzical expression on her face and shook her head.

“You’re confused.”

“What?” I’m pretty sure I’m 100% straight.

“It’s just…ugh! Don’t get me wrong, I am in full support of your love for John but, there’s something…not right about it.” She muttered, fiddling with her hands. I groaned and cocked my hip.

“Falling in love with your best friend is not right.” She waved it off, clearly dismissing the subject.

“Whatever. Let’s just go back inside. You already got the gist from me.” She went back inside the house while I followed after her. The music blared from the speakers in the living room, making my body shake like a shivering girl. I gritted my teeth and went back to where the guys supposedly where. Kennedy and Jared didn’t move an inch when we left them but this time, Garrett was there with a bottle of beer in his hand.

“You’re fifteen, why are you drinking?!” I half-screamed asked the blue eyed boy. His eyes were undoubtedly cloudy, giving me the impression he was drunk.

“It’s America, you can do anything!” He replied loudly, trying to beat the loud music. I rolled my eyes and got a bottle of water. No more orange juice for me to drink. The necklace I was wearing suddenly felt cool. I twirled my fingers around it and sighed. I was very unlucky today. I leaned on the counter and became acutely aware that John was right in the middle of the dance floor, grinding with that brunette he left with earlier. Red started to fill my vision but I think I’m just imagining it. Jealousy is such a crude bitch.

“Isa, you okay?” Garrett asked concerned. Hmm, let me see. Right now, I am seeing my crush flirting and grinding with some hot girl I don’t even know. Oh and right now they’ve got some tongue action going on. Yeah. Peachy.

“I, uh, I’ll be back.” I mumbled and disappeared through the sea of people. I hate this. I hate John. I hate the way I would hope that someday he would look at me differently. I hate it whenever he would look at me like I was the only girl in the world. I hate him…I hate myself.

I squeezed myself out of the crowd of drunken strangers and went up the stairs, feeling irritated and not to mention disturbed by John’s actions. I stumbled over the first few steps, catching myself just in time before I fell. I cursed and jogged up the stairs, already feeling lightheaded. As I reached the top, I looked over to see a couple of guys drinking from their red cups. I scrunched my eyebrows and recklessly grabbed one of their cups and drowned all of it down while walking down the dimly lit hall.

“Hey! That might be too strong for you!” He yelled. I threw the cup on the ground and after a few minutes, I started to feel dizzy. That guy was right. It was too strong and I made a very mindless decision. The walls around me started to move so I walked faster and opened the closest door. I thanked the heavens that there wasn’t a couple making out on the bed. I hastily slipped my shoes off my feet and trudged to the bed, already feeling hazy and unaware of what as happening. I lay down on the bed and took off John’s jacket, wondering why the hell I even had it on this whole time.

I threw it faraway and felt my body sink in. I was slowly getting pulled into a deep slumber and I was sure I was going to have a major headache the next day. I didn’t care whose room it was. I didn’t care about shit right now. I don’t care. I felt my purse vibrate but I let it be. Phones know how to wait for someone to answer them. I breathed in and out, feeling my head pound a thousand times worse. I closed my eyes and let sleep’s tiny tendrils take me over.

It was…pleasant. Now I knew what Laura said about feeling pleasant. Sleeping on this bed was enough to make me drift off into sleep. My breathing had finally slowed down and I wasn’t sure what was real and what was not anymore…

If there was one thing I was sure of, it was the fact that I felt a pair of lips brush against mine. The kiss was short and it would’ve gone unnoticed if I was fully succumbed by sleep but nope, I was still a wee bit awake. I heard the door close with a creak, causing me to open my eyes and look around the room.

My first kiss was just stolen...question is, who did?
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the chapter with "The Party Scene" ksjfkajfe I had fun writing this chapter omg. Their humor dslkfaj okay I am fangirling over our own fic that's just weird. So, I wonder who stole Isa's first kiss hmm...ANYWAY shoutout to lovewilldefineus for commenting. Thank you for the love!

Isa

Comments? Subscriptions? Xo