Status: Slowly active

No Matter What

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“Remember, heads high, and smile. They will love you.” That was the last thing Cinna said before we stepped on the chariot, and it took off. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I felt Peeta’s hand on my arm, giving a gentle squeeze.

“Don’t worry Lilly, they will love you.” I smiled weakly. His hand ran down my arm and intertwined his fingers with mine.

“They’ll love it.” He whispered. I grasped it tightly, holding it with all my might. I looked at Peeta, the flames making his face glow. He looked absolutely beautiful, I couldn’t take my eyes off of him, but I knew I had to.

We rounded the corner and I gasped at all the people. They were staring at the approaching tributes, staring at me. I looked all around at the citizens. They were cheering, for us. When we got closer, some went totally quiet; some cheered louder, calling me and Peeta’s name. I looked up and saw myself. I looked pretty, and I never thought I did.

I glanced at Peeta to see that he was already looking at me. I searched his eyes. We lifted our hands up in the air, the crowd roared. I smiled, and lifted my head like Cinna told me. We finally reached the end of path, and rounded around all the other tributes.

President Snow stepped up to the podium, and the fans hushed. He gave a speech that sounded good to people, but I didn’t buy any of it. I never liked him, and probably never would. He was just so fake and cruel. He smiled and I bet people bought him, I sure hope Peeta didn’t. The end came, and we left the sight of the fans. Cinna appeared and pulled me down into his arms, Peeta’s hand fell limp.

“You guys were brilliant! So amazing. The crowd absolutely loved you, both of you!” Portia and Cinna started talking to Peeta. I looked around and saw a big, blond haired guy. His name was Cato, he was from District Two. He was a Career, someone to be scared off. He looked me up and down. I stared at him, unsure what to do. He nodded and winked. I gasped.

“What?” Peeta asked. He came towards me and grabbed my arm. I was still looking at Cato. He was smiling, and smile I couldn’t decode.

“Um..him.” I pointed to Cato and Peeta looked at him with fire in his eyes. His mouth turned into a hard line. He let go and stormed over to him. He was there yelling at him before I could react.
“What do you think you’re doing? You do not look at her. You NEVER look at her, you understand me?!’’

“Or what?” Cato laughed.
“You don’t want to know.” I ran over to Peeta and yanked him away.
“Peeta! Don’t do this. It’s not worth it, I’m fine.”

“Have your girlfriend stand up to you, wow you are weak.” He laughed. I got angry. Peeta was anything but weak. He was strong, physically, mentally, and emotionally, basically everything you could be strong in, he was. I was about ready to tear his head off, but Peeta beat me to it. He lunged for Cato, and I grabbed his shoulder, pulling him back.

“Peeta stop.”
“Yeah stop 12, you better watch yourself.” He looked at Peeta up and down and laughed, then turned to go with the female tribute Clove. Peeta huffed and whirled towards me.
“What were you thinking?!” I asked.

“What was I thinking? To beat him up for looking at you like that. He’s a monster, he shouldn’t be doing that.”

“Peeta, its really ok. He didn’t do anything, so don’t worry about it.”
“Yes, I ’am going to worry about it. Maybe you forgot that Im here to protect you.”
“Umm, no. I think YOU forgot that you are here because you were chosen, and you need to fight for your life.” He opened his mouth then closed it. He turned and stormed away. I bit my lip and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY! Such writers block. Please give this a chance. I'm sorry I haven't updated, but if you read and leave me feedback, it will motivate me to update more. :) Xxx And sorry its short. Just trying to get back in the swing of things