Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Now I am watchin' wrestling Tryin' to be a tough guy

Emma and Nikki were on their way to Jersey. Just a few hours ago she was on her way back to New York, she felt like a yo-yo.

“You have five minutes,” Emma said as they pulled up outside the Way’s house.

Her eyes stung, watered and simultaneously glared at Emma. She killed the engine and Nikki got out. She made sure to look at every single inch of the house, trying to commit every bit of it to her memory.

Walking up to the big wood door she was trying to decide weather it’d be easier to just get back in the car and not say goodbye. Would it hurt less? More?
No she couldn’t do that to him, or herself.
She banged her knuckles against the blue wood and waited patiently.

“Hello, Nikki, are you ok? You look like you’ve been crying,” Donna said.

“I’m fine thanks.”

“Do you want to come in?”

“No thanks, I haven’t got time, could I just have a quick word with Gerard?”

“Sure, I’ll go get him.”

“Bye Donna.”

Slightly confuse Donna replied the only way she could think of. “Erm, Bye?”

“Hey, Nik. What’s wrong?” he said as he came to the door.

“Gerard, if I did something really, really shitty, probably the worst thing I could ever do, could you ever forgive me?” Her eye’s were watering.

“Yes, of course, what’s up babe, you’re scaring me.”

“I’m leaving,” she croaked.

“Where are you going?”

“France, some school in Paris.”

“When are you coming back?”

“I don’t know if I am,” her voice cracked and tears started falling freely.

“What?”

“I’m sorry.” She grabbed his hands, begging for him to understand.

“We’ll still talk and-” his eyes too were welling up.

“Gerard, be realistic here, a long distance relations ship is hard in the same country, the same continent it’d just make us miserable.” It hurt her so badly.

“I am trying Nikki; I don’t want to loose you! I fucking love you is that not enough?!” A lonely tear dribbled down his pale cheek.

“Please, don’t make this harder,” she begged.

“Don’t make this harder? As far as I am concerned this is as hard as it could possibly get!”

“Well it’s not so easy for me. I don’t want to be the bitch that broke your heart, but I am, so hate me! Throw fucking darts at my picture, I deserve it.” The tears were streaming down her face, mixing with her make up cause black streaks.

“I couldn’t hate you.” She could see the pain reflected in his honey coloured eyes.

“Sure seems like it.”

“I’m sorry but things were going so good, then it just gets ripped out from under me.”

“I’m sorry; I don’t know how many times I can say it.”

“Don’t say it. I just widh we’d had longer y’know.”

“Though, we were doomed from the start.” She hated to admit it but it was true.

“Suppose. I’m going to miss you so much!”

“I’ll miss you too. Say bye to Frankie for me?”

“Sure.” Emma blew the horn a few times.

“I gotta go catch a plane,” it killed her to say it but she knew she had to, “Bye, Gerard.”

“Bye, Nik.” They shared a bitter sweet kiss, never wanting it to end.

She walked back to the car. “I hate you,” she muttered to Emma, and for a second, just a second, she was sure she saw guilt flash in Emma’s eyes.

And they drove away. She couldn’t turn around, she didn’t want to see how she’d left him.
Crying on the dirty sidewalk.