Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Ten

Vic plugged in his guitar and strummed a few times, letting the music fall onto the empty audience. Everyone had left, grabbing food and drinks while the band set up. He picked up a blank rhythm and started singing about tacos.
“Next new hit?” Aria asked from the side. Vic stopped playing and looked up at her with a smile, dropping his hands from his guitar. Aria pushed off the wall and walked over to him. “Personally, I like it, but will everyone else?” She asked, standing in front of him with her arms crossed.
“I was considering it. But then we would need a whole food album.” Vic replied as Tony brushed past them, carrying cords. He looked at Vic and Aria, then went back to what he was doing.
“Tony, do you need help? I know how to hook up amps.” Aria suggested, turning to face him. He shrugged, handing her some cords.
“Sure.” He said, as Aria took the cords and began plugging them into the spots they needed to go. “Mike could use some help with his drum set too.” Tony said when Aria straightened back up. Aria nodded and headed back stage to find Mike. Tony turned to Vic and all but stormed over.
“What the hell are you thinking?” Tony hissed. Vic looked up from tuning his guitar and frowned.
“What are you talking about?” He asked. Tony motioned towards the backstage where Aria was currently. Vic followed his motion and looked back at him, puzzled. “I’m not following what you’re trying to say to me Tony.”
Vic shrugged, going back to tuning his guitar. Tony ripped the cord out of Vic’s guitar and held it up in Vic’s face.
“Listen to me Vic. She is a fan. After tonight, she is going to be gone, and chances are you are never going to see her again. I’m not trying to crush you here, I’m just trying to keep you from getting too attached to this girl.” Tony said. Vic grabbed the cord back and plugged it back in.
“That’s what you think.” He muttered, turning away from Tony.
“Whatever. You do whatever you want.”
Aria and Mike came in then, carrying drums. “Set it over there.” Mike said, gesturing with his head the direction Aria needed to go. Aria set it down with precision and the expertise of someone who has done this multiple times before.
“That good?” She asked, looking up at Mike. Vic glanced back at her. Aria had pulled her hair up into a messy bun and moved across the stage easily.
“Perfect, better than our typical crew.” Mike said, tilting his cap off of his face. “You’ve done this before I take it.”
“Only a couple times. Back in high school I was in a band, lead guitar and vocals, wrote all the music, and was the only one smart enough to set up a stage.” Aria said, blowing a stray piece of hair out of her face.
“Impressive.” Mike said as they walked backstage, still talking.
“Its not just me either, it’s the other guys too. Mike and Jaime love her, and so do you Tony.” Vic said.
“I know, but we’re going to be able to let go, I’m not sure if you’re going to.” Tony answered.
“I’ll be fine.” Vic muttered as Mike came back out with Jaime, and Aria was nowhere to be found.
“Where’s Aria?” Vic asked.
“Well, considering the fact that we’re going to warm up and get ready to play the set, she’s going out to the audience.” Mike answered. Vic nodded and broke into Fast Times at Clairemont High.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter. I've been really busy these past few days, so I haven't been able to power through like normal. Enjoy.