Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Thirty Two

Aria stretched as the bus rumbled to a stop in front of a house. She looked at the boys, who had all been running around nonstop for the past three hours, packing everything up to take off the bus. Vic had a suitcase in one hand and a backpack slung over his other shoulder. He paused by her and studied her.
“Are you all packed? We have to pack the rest of my stuff before we go, then we have a long car ride ahead of us.” He told her. Aria gave him an incredulous look.
“I’ve been packed since yesterday. I didn’t wait till the last minute like you guys.” Aria said, getting up and grabbing the bag she had packed from the night ago, then grabbing her guitar case. “See? Done.” Vic smiled at her and kisses her forehead, then they both followed Tony off the bus.
“We’re going to hit the road, head home, get some sleep.” Jaime said, stretching on the sidewalk while Tony called a taxi.
“Sounds good. Me and Aria are going to do some serious packing and leave within the next two hours.” Vic told them.
“What the hell am I supposed to do?” Mike asked.
“Just wait. The boys from Devil Wears Prada will be here soon, or go meet up with other friends.” Vic said, dropping his bag onto the ground.
“Can we go inside? Its fucking hot out here.” Jaime asked.
“Sorry, I’ll leave.” Aria said. Everyone stopped talking and stared at her. “What? It’s a joke.” She said, mustering up a smile.
“Ar, you’re so weird.” Tony said, grabbing his bag and following Mike into their house. Vic dropped his stuff on the table and took Aria’s and set it down also. He turned to her and gestured grandly.
“This is where the magic happens.” He said. Aria pursed her lips and looked around, crossing her arms and leaning against the table.
“I thought the magic happened in the bedroom.” Mike said, coming into the kitchen and opening the fridge, staring at it dispassionately before shutting it and turning to them. In the living room, the TV was on, and Jaime and Tony were sprawled on the couch.
“God, is everyone going to analyze everything I say today?” Vic said, exasperated. Aria giggled and punched him gently on the arm.
“Chances are, yes. Wanna start packing, or sit around and talk?” Aria asked.
“Alright, lets go.” Vic sighed, and Aria followed him into his bedroom.
“You know after this we have to goto my college and get my shit from storage right?” Aria told him as she opened a suitcase he had while he got some boxes.
“Christ.” He muttered. “Moving sucks.”
“But the house is so worth it.” Aria said as Vic dropped the boxes and tugged her into an embrace.
~~FLASHBACK~~
“Don’t take too long!” Mike called from the door of the bus, waving. Aria waved her hand in the air in acknowledgement as Vic slung an arm around her waist as they stopped at the gate.
“Can we go in?” Aria asked, turning to look at Vic, who nodded and held up the key he had.
“We have the key. Technically, its our house for the next eight months, so if you want to go in, we can go in.” Aria hesitated, then opened the gate and went up to the door and waited for Vic. Vic stuck the key in the lock and opened the door, then gestured for Aria to enter. Vic shut the door behind them and they both took in the house.
The front door opened into a small walkway with a living room off to one side, and the kitchen tucked into a small alcove off of a hallway. On the other side, the hallway branched off, leading to a set of stairs and then took another turn, leading to the bathroom and bedrooms.
Aria slipped off her boots and walked farther into the house, her feet echoing loudly on the barren floor and off of the empty walls. She stood in the middle of the living room and spun around, her arms out, a large smile on her face.
“This is so perfect!” she squealed. Vic joined her, picking her up and spinning her around, then setting her down and placing his hands on her shoulders.
“I’m glad you like it.” He said, smiling down at her. Aria grinned back and wrapped her arms around him.
“I’m glad we got it.” Aria answered, as Vic began tugging her in the direction of the kitchen and dining room.
“I’d rather see the bedroom.” Vic said while Aria opened all of the cupboards and cabinets, peering inside them all.
“Gimme a second.” Aria said, hopping onto the counter to look above the fridge. Vic walked over to her and pulled her into his arms, carrying her down the hall to the bedrooms. “Hold on! I wasn’t done!” Aria squealed, struggling against him.
“Sorry, but we gotta finish the tour and get back on the bus.” Vic told her, swinging open the first bedroom down and setting her down.
“Dibs!” Aria hooted, running into the vast room and spinning around.
“Sorry, but we’re not having separate rooms. I got too used to sleeping with you every night on the tour.” Vic told her from the doorway. “Come on babe. We gotta go.” Aria walked back over to him, then led him out to the front door and she pushed her feet back into her boots.
“Have I told you today how lovely you look?” Vic asked, his hand resting on the knob. He looked at her again. She was wearing a black long sleeved shirt with a multicolored scarf and skinny jeans tucked into lace up boots with low heels. Her hair was pulled into a loose ponytail.
“You have. Three times.” She replied as Vic kissed her. Aria put her hand over Vic’s and opened the door, stepping back into the yard and taking Vic’s hand in hers.
~~
“Ar, hand me that box.” Vic called from the hallway. Aria glanced over her shoulder to see Vic already holding a box and gesturing to another box on the bed.
“Do you just want me to take it?” Aria asked, moving to pick it up.
“No, put it on top of this box and take the other one on the floor.” Vic answered. Aria complied, picking the box up and setting it on top of the other one.
“Can you see?”
“Ssh.” Vic answered and headed out into the hallway and outside to his truck. Aria picked up the other box and followed him out, putting it into the bed. Vic turned to her, resting his arm on the sides of the truck. “How many more boxes do we have?”
“Two I think.” Aria replied. Vic nodded and headed back inside. Aria followed him in and grabbed one of the boxes.
“I got it.” Vic said, attempting to slide the box Aria was holding onto the one he carried.
“Hun, I know you’re trying to be nice to me, but seriously, I can carry a box. I’m not a delicate flower.” Aria told him, yanking the box away from him and carrying it out to the truck. Vic shook his head, a smile on his face as she stormed away.
As soon as Vic locked the truck bed into place, he turned to Aria, who was leaning against the truck with her arms crossed.
“Do you want to grab something to eat with the guys before we leave?” Vic asked. Aria shrugged in response and walked back into the house. Vic threw his hands into the air and followed her.
“Aria.” Mike said from the counter he was leaning on, texting. “Do you want anything to eat? I’m about to order some pizza.”
“Yeah, sounds good. I’ll have whatever you get. I’m not too picky.”
“Sweet; Sausage, pepperoni and a cheese pizza and beer. Sounds like my kind of night.”
“No beer for me or Vic. We’re driving right after.” Aria said, sitting down on the counter next to Mike.
“Fair enough.” Mike replied as Jaime and tony wandered into the kitchen.
“Did you order the pizza? I’m starving.” Jaime asked, leaning against the fridge.
“I just told you I did. Do you not listen to me?” Mike asked. Jaime glanced at Aria and Tony.
“I didn’t hear you, and neither did Tony.” Jaime said. Tony lifted his hands into the air and shook his head.
“Nope, I heard you. I told Jaime too. He was just off and Preciado-land.” Jaime gaped at Tony, then flicked him off.
“Fuck you, I was listening. I didn’t hear anything.”
“What are you guys arguing about?” Vic asked, coming into the room, holding two monsters. He handed one to Aria and popped the top on his.
“Jaime is angry because I accused him of being off in his own version of la-la land.” Tony answered as the doorbell rang. Mike whooped and pushed off the counter, running to the door.
“It’s ok to have your own happy place.” Aria told Jaime in slightly off voice.
“You have a creepy girlfriend Vic.” Jaime told him as Mike came back in with three pizza boxes and two cases of beer and a liter of pop.
“Sit down fools.” Mike said as he set the pizzas down on the table and popped open a beer. Tony sat down and grabbed a slice of cheese pizza and a beer, kicking back and resting his feet on the table as he ate. Jaime sat down next to him and Aria and Vic took the last two seats in between Mike and Jaime. The all fell into a comfortable silence as they ate.
As they finished, Vic stood up and looked at Mike. They both just stared at each other for a while, and then both embraced.
“Don’t do anything too stupid.” Vic told him.
“Same goes to you too.” Mike replied, stepping away and grinning at him and Aria. “Come back and visit. Every week.”
“I don’t think we’ll be able to do that. But we will for sure be back.” Vic answered, glancing back at Aria, who smiled and nodded. Jaime wrapped Aria in a huge bear hug, coming out of nowhere.
“Take good care of Vic. Don’t let him get in any trouble, take him for walks every day, make sure he goes outside to use the bathroom, buy him lots of toys.” Aria laughed and hugged Jaime back.
“Stop hogging.” Tony said, prying them apart and hugging Aria. “Thanks for everything, and enjoy your last year of college. Don’t forget about us.”
“I could never forget about you, and all of you are welcome to come and stay with us anytime.” Aria said as Vic put his hand on her shoulder. Aria stepped back and was immediately picked up and swung into the air by Mike before he gave her a hug. He then pulled back and held her at arm’s length.
“Be good. Do well in school. Don’t be a stranger and call and drive here with or without Vic and I’m going to come stay with you and I’ll bring all the Harry Potter’s so you don’t have to watch Coraline and Attack the Block all the time.”
“I have all the Harry Potter movies.” Aria replied. Mike’s mouth dropped open and he leaned over, yelling at Vic. “You marry her! You marry her now!” He screamed. “Do it or I will!”
“Mike, Mike, chill.” Aria laughed, feeling her face go red. Vic coughed and came up next to Aria.
“Hate to break up the party, but we have to go. We have a long drive.” Vic said, giving Mike one last hug before they headed out the door.
Vic swung open the passenger door and gestured grandly for Aria to enter the car. Aria laughed and climbed into the car as Vic shut the door and walked around to other side and got in, starting the truck and pulling onto the road. Aria reached over and took his hand. Vic looked over at her and smiled.
“You ready?” He asked. Aria nodded and waved to Mike, Jaime and Tony, who were standing outside with their yelling their final goodbyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its taking so long for me to update. I'm really busy with work and school. Don't grow up, its a trap.