Lie to Me

One

“So that’s it?” I spoke softly as I felt thousands of pairs of eyes on me.

Harry nodded, his face blank. The other boys stared at us in horror, and Niall was just about ready to burst.

“Oh....I-I guess I don’t belong here then. Goodbye,” I whispered as I turned around and fled the scene.

I hurriedly weaved my way through all the cameras, chairs, mirrors, and people. I didn’t say a word. No tears fell, no sobs escaped my lips. I just ran out.

Once I was out the back door, I started breathing softly. Thousands of people watched. They watched him walk up to me.

They watched him break up with me. They watched me. They waited for my reaction. They wanted me to burst into tears and beg Harry to not leave. They wanted to make fun of me on TV and in magazines.

Is that what he wanted?

To break an already broken heart?

Image


“April?” Mom looked at me with worry evident in her eyes.

“April, baby. What’s wrong?” Mom asked as she followed me up the stairs.

“Nothing, just tired,” I mumbled as I entered my room.

Lie number 1.

“Did something happen?” Mom stood at the edge of my bed.

“No. It was great,” I whispered as I laid down on my warm covers.

Lie number 2.

Mom nodded slowly as she bent down and kissed my forehead. Without another word spoken, she left. But I knew that she knew.

My phone buzzed and vibrated in my pocket but I didn’t move. I didn’t even twitch. I just stared at the lines and colorful designs that were around my room.

I could hear my mom fighting with them downstairs.

“No! She is not interested in answering your questions!”

“Why not?” A man spoke up.

“My daughter’s 18 years old. The boy that she loved broke her heart on live television. Now you tell me how you’d feel if that happened to you!” Mom cried out and everything went silent.

“Now leave before I do something drastic!” Mom ordered and I heard some shuffling and then the front door being slammed shut.

Not even a minute later, the phone started ringing. Mom slammed it shut about two seconds after picking it up.

It rang again and mom picked it up once more.

“No, she will not do an interview with you!” Mom shouted and slammed it down. It rang again and Mom ignored it.

I closed my eyes. No tears fell. Not yet.

Mom walked up the steps and her footsteps stopped in front of my door. She poked her head in. When she knew I wasn’t going to look at her, she sat down next to my head.

“Sadness flies away on the wings of time, baby. Just remember that,” Mom murmured as she ran her hands through my dark locks.

Image


I was sitting on the sofa the very next morning clad in my pajamas, soft shirt, and ankle socks. My jacket hung loosely around my frame and I closed my eyes.

Harry’s jacket. I still have it hung in my closet. He came over one day and let me wear it. Ever since then I told him I’d keep it. And I regret it with every passing second.

The TV turned on and my heart twisted as his face popped up.

“So, you and April huh?” The interviewer asked and Harry bit his lip.

Niall’s eyes darkened in what seemed sadness and the rest of the boys became quiet. “Uhm yes. We broke up,” He cleared his throat.

“Do you mind if we ask why?”

“Erm, it didn’t work out I guess,” He looked away.

“Ah, is there another one?” The lady asked laughing and my heart stopped.

No, please, don’t say yes. I begged silently. He shook his head, his curls getting in his eyes.

My heart began to race rapidly as my breathes came in quickly. Louis quickly changed the subject and Harry seemed pleased.
The camera still stayed on him though and I stared at him. Something’s up. I stared at his face intently.

He was lying.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....should this be a two shot or a whole story?
I'm thinking story because then I'll be able to focus on the whole dating a famous boy leads to being hurt thing, ya know?
:3