Status: New c:

Scenery Is Nothin' More Than Poetry

where ever you go, you know i'll be there

I looked through the lens of my camera, trying to get the perfect picture. I never thought they were good enough, but my boss told me I was way too modest for my own good. I sighed and pulled down a bit on my overly baggy sweater. I watched the people eating outside on the river front, I snapped a picture. I looked over at the railing to the view of the ocean. The was an old man with his granddaughter. He was pointing out to the ocean and the sky while the little girl was smiling brightly. I squated a bit and snapped a few pictures.

That's all I did, snapped pictures of life. Of scenes. Of shows, fairs, nature. But the ones I loved taking were at concerts, where the bands had so much energy, so much love for what they did. All I could do was capture that in an image, an image that shows what they're feeling. I loved that about what I was doing.

What I loved most was the music, the way it thrived and the beat ofthe music flowed through you... I loved it. I loved the sound, the lyrics, the people, the scene, the variety. I'd give anything to have that life. More so than the mere one I have now. I needed a new routine, a new start.

---

"Shaye, I have a new job for you. I want you, to go on tour with a few bands this year... Get the feel of the tour life and capture it in images no one else can describe. I know you can do it, because I've seen your work... and that's what got you this job. You're going to follow the bands around getting images no one else can get, whether they're out living, or just in their tour bus," my boss Taylor explain to me while I sat there staring wide eyed at her.

"You'll be in one of the band's buses, you can choose. I'd go with the one who has the fewest, get a better bunk space and privacy. You'll be touring with them the whole time, there are a few days for breaks where you can go out and do stuff. There will also be days you get to spend time in a hotel, so that's good. I will be giving you a bunch of SD cards, and you will upload anything that you have gotten so far each night and email them to me. No matter if you're tired, send them to me."

I stared at her with my jaw slightly dropped. This was new, this means I was moving up in my job. This was good. This is what I wanted to do.

"Now, the tour will be about... 6 months to 8 months long. So, say your goodbyes to your family and friends for a bit. You leave tomorrow at 6 in the morning, Ray will pick you up and head you over to the airport where you will take a plane where the the buses and guys all are. Now go home and get packed, you have a busy schedule these next few months."

I dashed out of her office and into my car parked out back and quickly zoomed home. She didn't even tell me who I'd be touring with.

My car pulled into my driveway and I ran inside up the stairs while taking off my sweater and throwing it on my couch when I got inside. Savannah, Georgia was slightly chilly this afternoon, I noted as I tore off my boots and threw them on the ground. I looked outside my condo to the view of the ocean, it was so calm and serene.

I threw open my closet and grabbed my suitcase and bags. I tossed them on the bed as I started picking out the clothes I planned to wear while on tour. I decided to have half and half of being dressed warmly and dressed cooly, not knowing how the weather would be. I grabbed a few pairs of shoes, knowing that I'd be barefoot half the time... I hated shoes. I carelessly threw everything on my bed, hoping they'd get in the suitcase. I ran into the bathroom and got a couple essentials and changes for my piercings. I never worried much about my ears, I just kinda kept small hoops in all of them.

I started folding my clothing and fitting things into my suitcase. I got my camera prepared and my laptop and charger and put them into my carry on bag.

The doorbell rang and I ran over to it with a smile on my face. I ran across my condo, openned the door and jumped into the arms of my boyfriend, Josh. He gave me a big kiss on the side of my head and laughed at me.

"Babe, why are you all packed? Going somewhere without me?"

"I'm moving up in my job. Taylor has set me up to go on tour with a few bands for 6 or 8 months--"

"What?"

"Josh, don't worry. I'll call and skype you everynight. Just trust me, okay?"

"... When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow at 6 in the morning."

"Alright, I'm staying with you tonight," he kissed my nose as I gave a small giggle, "now, where's my other baby?"

"Fox is here somewhere. Probably out sleeping on the porch, you know him. I'm going to try and take him on tour with me," I sighed and walked out to the porch. Fox lifted his head up, saw Josh and ran over to him. Josh squated down and let the dog start licking all over his face. Those two were best friends. Josh had bought him for me as a birthday present a few months ago, so Fox was just a puppy but he adored Josh. Fox would cuddle up with me while I was sleeping when Josh wasn't there, and he'd sleep on him when he fell asleep on my couch.

I thought Josh was my prince, I had been dating him since Junior year in High School. He had been trying to move in with me for awhile, but his job was too far away from my condo. So he still lived with his parents, but came to my place every chance he could get... So it was like living with him.

I tossed my red hair up into a ponytail and watched the two interact with each other. My phone started ringing into the other room, so I ran over quickly to it.

"Shaye speaking."

"Hey, Shaye. It's Ray," the voice spoke on the other end. I always laughed at the way our names rhymed.

"Oh hey, Ray, what's up?"

"I'm just calling to see if you're going to be ready a bit earlier than planned tomorrow."

"How earlier?"

"Like, 3 hours earlier. 3 in the morning, because we need to get you on the plane by 4, and up to Ohio before dawn the next day. We're hoping to leave by about, 4ish that afternoon. Oh, and you're going to have to bunk with one of the bands if Tay hasn't told you yet. I'd bunk with Kyle and David's band, because there are less of them."

"I'll keep that in mind. I guess I'm the youngest out of all of them on this tour, aren't I?"

"You are, I apologize you little 20 year old."

"Oh shut it, Ray. But yeah, I'll be ready by 3. And I was wondering if I could possibly bring Fox? I can't sleep without him."

"That's fine, David is bringing his dog Kevin. So Fox is alright to come, I'm sure."

We talked for another 10 minutes. He asked about Taylor and how she was doing, which made me smile. I swear that he and Taylor had a thing for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. I saw Breathe Carolina last night and at 5 in the morning my brain decided to come up with this marvelous idea. So, here you go.

Oh and if you can't see Shaye's face in the Character panel, she looks like this.

Hope you all enjoy<3