Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

Don't Worry About It

I should’ve seen it coming. I knew something was bound to happen last night. I should’ve been more careful last night, as soon as Josh came over to check on me I should’ve told him that I was fine and gone back inside. Things would’ve been so much easier if that was what I had done, but I didn’t do that. Instead I chose to talk to Josh, let him walk me to my car and then almost let him kiss me! What the hell was I thinking last night? I can’t believe I let myself get into that situation.

Yes, we have kissed before, we have even made out. But that was just because the director told us he needed to see it, we didn’t choose to do it. We did it for our jobs, no feelings were involved. But last night, that was something entirely different. I was afraid something would happen, and something did. But I never thought Josh would try to kiss me.

But, why? Why would he try to kiss me? He’s never showed any signs of having feelings for me, then again, we haven’t spent much time together. I don’t know what would possess him to try and kiss me. I was confused about everything, and I hated thinking about it. I didn’t want Josh to have feelings for me, this would just things more difficult. I didn’t want this to interfere with our work; I didn’t want it to ruin the friendship we were building. But most of all, I knew that if he had feelings for me, I would let my feelings for him surface, and I couldn’t let that happen. I needed to bury my feelings deep and forget about them. I just wanted to do my job and I didn’t want my feelings for him to affect my work, because I knew they would.

The more I thought about last night, the more I could tell me feelings were starting to rise. I needed to think of why he would try and kiss me, there had to be an explanation. I thought about it for a while longer until I came to a conclusion-he was drunk. What other reason could there be? I knew Josh well enough that was a nice guy, and that he would never be so forward with someone he just met. If he was drinking last night, that would explain why he tried to kiss me. That had to be it!

Sure, he wasn’t as drunk as Logan, but I’m sure Josh held himself together better. Thinking of Logan, I remembered how I wanted to call him to make sure he was alright. I took out my phone and dialed his number. It rang three times before I heard his groggy voice.

“Mm, hello?”

“Logan? Hey, it’s Katie.”

I could hear him cough and movement around him “Oh, Kate, hey what’s up?” I could tell that was trying to sound like he was fully awake.

“Oh nothing much, I just wanted to make sure you were okay this morning.”

“Oh, yeah I’m alright. Did uh, did I see you last night?” I knew he wouldn’t remember a thing.

“Yeah, we saw each other last night,” I said chuckling, remembering the events of last night.

“Oh God, I didn’t do anything stupid did I?” It was easy to tell he was dreading to hear that he did something last night. I didn’t want to lie to him, considering I knew that Josh would bring it up to him.

“Well, you made a pass at me, but that was about it.”

“Oh God, what did I do? Just tell me?”

“You just tried to kiss me a few times, don’t worry about it.”

“Katie, I am so sorry I did that. And I would totally understand if you’re mad at me.”

“Logan, calm down,” I said laughing. “It’s no big deal, lots of people get all lovey-dovey when they’re drunk. I forgive you, I’m not mad in the slightest bit,” I said with a smile.

“Really?” He asked, surprised.

“Yes, really. Logan, you and I are friends. I’m not going to let something stupid that happened while you were drunk ruin that.”

“Oh my goodness, Katie you’re the best. Thank you so much for not being mad.”

“It’s no problem, am I going to be seeing you on set today?”

“Yeah, yeah definitely. I’ll probably see you an hour.”

“Okay, well then I’ll talk to you then,” I said with a smile.

“Awesome, I’ll see you .” I then proceeded to hang up the phone.

Now that was out of the way I decided to head to the set. With Jennifer next to me, we headed to over to the set and as soon as I got there I was thrown into hair and makeup then wardrobe, just like the day before. After that I went to my trailer and went over my lines for the day. Today I was shooting with Dianna, Logan and Josh. Things were just bound to be awkward.

I figured the best thing for me to do, was to forget about what almost happened with Josh and I last night. I didn’t want to think about it anymore, considering I think I thought about it long enough. I needed to move past it, and remain focused at the task at hand. The most important thing I had to do, was remember my lines, and do a damn good job filming my scenes today. I heard a knock at my door and told whoever it was to come in. Then Dianna stepped in.

“Dianna, hey.” I got up from the couch and gave her a hug, which she returned. “What brings you over?”

“I didn’t get a chance to talk to you right before you left last night,” she said as she took a seat on the couch. I sat next to her as she continued to talk to me. “Did you have fun last night?”

“It was a blast, I had such a great time meeting people.”

“Great, I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner tomorrow night, you know, get to know each other a little bit more.”

“Yeah, yeah I’d love that.”

“Perfect, I also wanted to ask you something.”

“Okay, shoot.”

“I heard something with Logan happened last night.” The tone in her voice was more in a questioning form then a sentence.

“Where did you hear that from?”

“A few people saw that you slapped him.”

“Oh, yeah that happened,” I cringed as I said it.

“Did he try something? Because if he did, I will talk to him,” she said firmly.

“Oh that’s really not necessary, Dianna. He tried to kiss me a few times, and he didn’t really get the point, and after the final attempt I slapped him in order to make him realize I didn’t want him to try anymore. He was really drunk last night, and he actually doesn’t even remember that happened last night. We talked this morning on the phone and I told him what happened and he apologized for everything, so we’re okay.

“Well, as long as you’re alright. I’m really sorry that happened to you.

“Oh, it’s no big deal, don’t worry about it.”

“Okay well, I just wanted to ask about dinner and see if you were okay, I’ll see out there?”

“Definitely.” Dianna got up and left, and I went back to rehearsing my lines.

After a few more minutes I had to head to the outside to start filming. We were starting off today on the beach, we were shooting the scene where I met Josh and Logan for the first time. I had to remember to keep cool, and try not to feel awkward. Last night needed to be forgotten about, it was time to work. I arrived to where I was supposed to be, and I spotted Josh. Josh and Greg were talking and I assumed Greg was telling Josh what he wanted. I quickly got my makeup retouched and then walked onto the sand.

“Ready?” Dianna asked as she stood next to me.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” I told her smiling.

Josh and Logan started to walk over to us with surfboards in hand, and also shirtless. I caught myself staring at Josh, but quickly snapped myself out of it. I had to remain professional, no matter how good he looked.

“Katie!” I heard Logan shout my name and saw him jogging towards me, surfboard in hand.

“Hey, Logan.” I said as he reached me and stood in front of me. “How’s the hangover?” I asked chuckling.

“Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still there. I just wanted to apologize in person for what happened last night. I’m really sorry, and I can assure you that will never happen again.”

“Logan, I already told you it was okay, you already apologized.”

“I know, but I was still an idiot. And Dianna,” he turned over to her. “I’m sorry for acting so dumb last night at the party, I heard I was a mess.”

“Hey, it happens. Just make sure you keep the alcohol intake at a minimum next time,” she told him smiling.

“Will do. Okay, well thanks guys, for forgiving me.” With a wave of goodbye he turned around and walked back over to Josh and started talking with him.

“Okay, you guys ready?” Greg asked with the megaphone. Their were dozens of extras on set to complete the beach scene. During this scene, Dianna and I would be talking and I would run into Josh’s surfboard, and then we would all start to talk. Josh’s character would be pretty arrogant during this scene, and I had to act completely disinterested.

“Alright everyone, lets start shooting!” Greg yelled ‘action’ and we got to work. Dianna and I started walking together and were talking about nice the beach was, when I ran into the surfboard that Josh was holding.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” Josh and Logan both turned around and looked Dianna and I up and down with a cocky smile.

“Oh, well don’t worry about it. Pretty girl like you, you can run into my surfboard anytime.”

“Give it a rest, Tyler; she isn’t interested.” I heard Dianna say rudely.

“Hey, you don’t know that.” Josh looked at me and smirked. “Hi, I’m Tyler Richardson. I don’t believe we’ve met, which is hard to believe since I’ve met every beautiful girl in this town.”

“Uh hi, I’m Charlotte.”

“Ah, Charlotte, I love that name.”

“Oh, shut up Tyler. Lets get out of here.” Dianna said as she took my hand in hers and walked away.

“Oh come on! We’re just having some fun!” I heard Logan shout.

“And cut!” Greg yelled out. “Nice job, guys.”

We did that same scene three more times from different angles, and said a few things differently until Greg was happy with our performance. Next I did a scene with Dianna, in which I asked her about Tyler and his friend and she tells me all about them. Josh and Logan had some scenes to shoot together so that also got taken of during the day. I was going to on set all day until after the sun set, and the last scene I would be shooting would be with Josh, where he saves me from drowning.

I was waiting to start filming when Greg came up to me. “How are you holding up so far, kiddo?”

“Pretty well, everything is going great so far.”

“Yes, I agree. I just wanted to tell you how I wanted things to go for the scene.”

“Oh okay.”

“Alright, so when you’re drowning, you’re not actually going to be deep into the ocean, you’ll be four feet deep in the water, at most. Just act like you’re drowning, try and keep your eyes open under the water and flail a lot,” He said chuckling.

“No problem, I can do that,” I told him with confidence.

“Great, once you’re done drowning, we’ll bring you back out, and I’ll tell you what else is going on.”

“Works for me.”

As soon we were done talking we started to shoot. I could see Josh standing next to Greg, watching me on the monitor. Greg yelled action and I got to work. I stood in front of the ocean and threw my arms up as I breeze came through. I smiled lightly and then slipped off my shoes and slowly started going into the water. I had two cameramen with me, one in front of me and one beside me. I had to walk into the water three separate times to get the angles that Greg wanted. After I finished shooting it for a third time I was allowed into the water.

I had to pretend that I was enjoying the water and then a wave would come towards me that I wouldn’t be ready for, and I would go under. I was supposed to have three waves come at me, and I had to pretend I was getting hit with them hard. I was now deep enough in the water to have actual waves hit me, so I just had to wait for Greg to tell me when he wanted me to pretend to drown. After a few minutes I heard Greg say ‘waves’, which meant this was where I was going to pretend to get hit hard and start to drown.

A wave came and I took on a look of shock and I gasped before the wave hit me and I was underwater. I picked my legs off the ground and started kicking them around. Once the wave passed, I shot my head up and pretended to gasp for air, and then another wave came along and I went under the water. I looked up underwater while still kicking my legs and moving my arms around and once again waited for the wave to pass. After it did I shot up again, screaming for help. For the next wave I was supposed to have my back to it, and it was supposed to catch me off guard. As I screamed, a wave hit me and it turned my body around on it’s side and I actually went underwater before I was ready. I kept going with it, considering that it made it only that more realistic. I flailed around and pretended like I couldn’t get back up to the surface.

That was when the camera guy next to me gave me the signal to head back up to the surface. I went back and took in a deep breath. After catching my breath I started walking back towards the beach and once I stepped onto the sand, someone put a towel around me and put another towel on my head.

“How was it?” I asked Greg.

“Perfect!” He exclaimed happily. “You really pulled it off, especially when that last wave hit you.”

“I wasn’t exactly ready for that wave,” I said laughing.

“Guess that was why it looked so good,” Greg said chuckling. “Now, this part, Josh is coming to save you. You need to still be underwater when this happens. He’ll be close, so you won’t be under that long. He’ll pull you out and you’ll be coughing and such until you get back onto the sand. He’ll set you down on the sand, check if you’re okay and you’ll do your lines. You guys got that?”

“Got it,” we both said.

“Well, alright let's do this.” Greg clapped his hands together and Josh and I made our way into the ocean.

“Is the water cold?” Josh asked me.

“No, it’s surprisingly warm.”

Good, he was acting like nothing had happened either, and that was exactly what I needed. We made our way into the water, but Josh stayed behind a little so that he could swim to me when I drowned. Greg yelled action, and I ducked under water and flailed around like I was supposed to. I kept my eyes wide open as I pretended to try and resurface, then I felt Josh’s arms around me. He grabbed me from behind and started swimming with me in his arms. I grabbed onto his arms and we both swam together towards the beach. We did that scene two more times, and the beach scene where I thanked him and became friends with him just once.

“Alright everyone good day today!” Greg yelled out. “Get some ready everyone, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

I immediately headed back to my trailer. I thought it would be best to keep my distance from Josh for now. I didn’t want to stick around and have him come over and talk to me about last night. I walked back into my trailer and got dried off, but then I heard a knock at my door. I told the person to come in, and when I turned around I saw it was Josh.

“Josh, hey, what are you doing here?” I was shocked to see him, he wasn’t even dried off or had changed his clothes. I assumed he must’ve come after me after I left.

“I needed to talk to you.” He said as he walked closer to me.

“About what?”

“Last night,” He said simply.

I didn’t want to talk. I didn’t want to talk about it at all.

“Josh, don’t, don’t worry about it. I understand.”

Josh’s eyebrows narrowed together. “What do you mean?”

“You were drinking, you let the alcohol get the best of you, just forget it happened.”

Josh looked confused. He stood in front of me not moving, and I could tell he was thinking. Then his face softened and he spoke up, “Yeah, I was drinking. I just wanted to apologize for making a pass.”

I forced a myself to give a smile. “Don’t worry about it, it happens. Lets just forget about it and move on, okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” Josh gave me a small smile as he scratched the back of his neck.

“Great, I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Yeah, bright and early.”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Alright, bye.” And with a wave, Josh left my trailer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Could you feel the awkwardness between Josh and Katie?
Do you really think Josh was drinking last night, or did he lie just to make Katie think that?
Tell me what you think in a comment please!

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, and I'm sorry if the chapter isn't that great. A good friend of mine just passed away, so I was a little distracted, and it might have affected my writing.

Thanks for reading :)