Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Jaws On The Floor

four

Juliette dragged herself from her guest room to the bathroom, tiredly rubbing her eyes. She didn’t know what time it was. All she knew was it was still dark out and her bladder sucked for making her have to pee at such an hour.

She pushed open the bathroom door a bit. Her eyes went wide before she ran out of the bathroom, shutting the door quickly behind her. “Oh, God, why?” She muttered, leaning against the wall next to the door. She covered her face with her hands, seriously embarrassed.

Josh walked out of the bathroom, a little smirk on his face, “Trying to sneak a little peak, are you?”

“God, no,” She shook her head. Josh noticed her cheeks turn a slight pink in the dim light. “I’m really sorry, mate. I didn’t mean to.”

“Of course you didn’t,” He winked before walking off down the hall to his room he shared with Emilie.

Juliette stood there, jaw on the floor. Josh was a massive flirt. How in the world could Emilie put up with all of that? Back in school, Emilie had this boyfriend named Shawn, and he was a massive flirt, just like Josh. Emilie hated guys like that, and broke up with him a month after they started dating.

It was almost a year and a half of Josh and Emilie being together. How could she have stayed with Josh this long if she hated guys like that? Unless she didn’t know Josh was like that…

Juliette picked her jaw up off the floor and quickly went to the bathroom. After going, she scurried back off down the hall to her room. She shut the door behind her and sighed. Josh was something else. And she couldn’t help the little giddy feeling she got whenever she thought about him.

The entire time she was walking down that hall back to her room, she thought about that little smirk of his, then his wink. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, but she tried to fight them off. Emilie was her best friend, hell, she was more of a sister to Juliette than a friend.

Josh was just a little crush she’d have to get over. Soon.

*


Juliette could not, for the life of her, fall back asleep. So, she stayed up. She stared at the pale white ceiling for what seemed like forever. Turns out it was only ten minutes. After that, she figured why not watch some telly. She left the room and went out to the living room. She grabbed the blanket that was bunched up on the end and wrapped it around her before settling nicely on to the sofa. She grabbed the remote and flicked on the TV. The volume was insanely loud and she scrambled to turn it down.

Her heart was beating insanely fast and she was shaking. Stupid three am adverts blaring stupidly loud.

She flipped through the channels, growing more and more tired with each passing advert and boring show. Her eyes drifted shut and the remote slipped out of her grip, crashing to the floor.

**


“For fuck’s sake, why the hell am I awake?” Josh groaned as he laid in bed. Emilie wasn’t next to him, which was kind of nice. The flat was unusually quiet for…he rolled over and glanced at the clock on his nightstand, 9:36 AM blinked red. He threw the covers off of him and stood, stretching a bit.

He yawned and slowly made his way from his room to the living room. As he passed Juliette’s room, he couldn’t help but to peer in. Her door was open, so why the hell not? She wasn’t in her bed. He folded his eyebrows together as he passed the bathroom next. No one was in there. Where the hell had they gone? Without him?

He reached the living room and saw someone sleeping on the sofa. He walked over and craned his neck to see Juliette peacefully sleeping there.

A small smile grew on his face as he just stood there, watching her. She stirred and Josh snapped back to reality, instantly feeling creepy. He was standing there, smiling while watching a girl sleep. How Edward Cullen of him.

Noise coming from the kitchen caused Juliette’s eyes to slowly open. She stared around the room, slightly confused. What time was it? She sat up a bit and looked over her shoulder to the window. The sky was grey and offered no indication of what time it was. Of course. Typical England.

“Well, good morning,” Josh said as he took a seat at the end of the couch.

“When is going to stop raining?” Juliette muttered, mostly to herself, still staring out the window. She missed the LA sun so much. She missed going out to the beach and just lying out in the sun for hours on end. The rain was such a bore. You couldn’t do anything in the rain. You were always cooped up inside, being bored.

“Dunno,” Josh shrugged, watching the girl pout and let out a loud sigh. He couldn’t help the smile growing on his face. She had that stupid effect on him. Suddenly, Emilie popped into his mind. “Hey, where’s Emilie?”

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” She said with a certain edge to her voice, turning to face him.

Josh furrowed his eyebrows together as he stared at the girl to the left of him. What was with that tone? “Excuse me?”

“You should know where she is, you are her boyfriend after all,” She pointed out, that edge still to her voice.

“She never tells me where she’s going or what she’s doing. I just thought she would’ve told you, her best friend,” He said, biting back at her. Who was she talking to him like that?

They sat there in a highly uncomfortable silence. Juliette didn’t want to say anymore, though. She wanted to avoid anything that would set Josh off and make him fight with her. Fighting was something Juliette tried to avoid at all costs. Drama was not high on her list of favourite things.

But she couldn’t ignore that one question going through her head. Why the hell was Josh with Emilie if he didn’t love her?

She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. She was going to ask Josh. She needed to know. “Do you love her?”

Josh looked at her with wide eyes. Did she really just ask if he loved Emilie? It should’ve been a simple answer – yes. But it got Josh tongue tied and all frazzled. He didn’t love Emilie like he used to. Hell, he didn’t love her at all anymore. They’d drifted miles apart and he was sick of her always making everything about her.

Juliette stared at Josh, waiting for an answer.

“Of course I do,” He finally spit out, completely lying. “Why would you ask that?”

“I – I don’t know, nevermind,” She shook her head and got up from the sofa. She left the room, heading to the bathroom. The long pause Josh had taken after she had asked him if he loved Emilie told Juliette that Josh was lying straight through his teeth. But why? She needed to figure that part out badly, or else it would drive her absolutely mental.

***


Josh and Juliette tried avoiding each other the rest of the day. Juliette had went back to her room and stayed put while Josh had the rest of the flat to himself. He sat in the living room, trying to watch some TV.

He couldn't concentrate at all. The question “Do you love her?” weighed heavily on his mind.

He knew he was lying whenever the words “I love you” came out of his mouth. He hadn’t thought much of it before Juliette had asked him that stupid question. Now he felt bad about it all. He needed to break it off with Emilie. Why put himself through hell and string her along right behind him?

A knock on the door startled Josh. He snapped out of his thoughts and got up to go answer the door. He pulled it open and there stood Max, cigarette between his lips.

“Put that out, mate. You know Emilie hates the smell of smoke,” Josh muttered, walking to the kitchen.

"She's not even here," Max followed right behind him, cigarette still between his lips. Josh turned around and gave him a look, telling him to put it out right now. He took one last drag before taking it and putting it out in the sink. “What’s up your arse?” He asked.

Josh rolled his eyes, “Fucking – ”

Juliette came into the kitchen, humming softly to herself, completely oblivious to the two boys in the kitchen with her. She dug through the fridge, trying to find something to drink. After getting a bottle of water, she shut the door. Her eyes finally met Max’s.

Max looked over at Josh, who was slightly glaring at the girl. He rolled his eyes, “Since Josh is going to be a proper twat and not introduce us, I’m Max, and you must be Juliette.”

Juliette laughed and took the hand he was extending, shaking it lightly, “Hi, Max.”

“You coming with us to the pub?” He asked, earning a smack to the back of the head from Josh. He turned around and punched Josh in the arm. “Fucker, what was that for?”

“The pub? You were gonna go to the pub and leave here by myself? You’re a right twat, Josh,” Juliette said, glaring at Josh. “Emilie probably won’t be home until after midnight. I would’ve been bored out of my mind!”

“Josh, you didn’t invite her!? What the hell is wrong with you?” Max said, punching Josh again in the arm. He shook his head and turned to Juliette, “Since he didn’t invite you, I will. Care to join us at the pub?”

“I would love to, Max,” She smiled at Max before shooting a glare at Josh. “When are you guys leaving?”

“As soon as you’re ready, love,” Max smiled.

Juliette grinned, “Alright, then. Let me go change.”

Max smiled and watched her leave the kitchen. As soon as she was out of sight, he turned to Josh and smacked him upside the head.

“Oi, what’s with the abuse!?” Josh yelled, shoving Max a bit.

“Why the hell didn’t you invite her?” Max whisper-yelled at him.

Because she's been in her damn room all day. I haven't had a chance to talk to her. I think she might hate me. Josh groaned, not even wanting to go into it with Max, “Because, mate.”

“Because…why?”

“Just fucking because,” He muttered, leaving the kitchen.

“Take the stick out of your fucking arse and lighten the fuck up, Josh,” Max said as he followed him out of the room.

"How about you shut the fuck up?" Josh snapped at him.

Juliette walked into the room, instantly feeling the tension hanging in the air above all of them. She awkwardly stood there, holding her little clutch, "Um."

The two boys turned their attention from each other to the girl standing there, looking gorgeous.

"We're just going to the pub, love," Max laughed a bit as he stood.

"We can go to the club," Josh said, his tone much lighter and softer now. "There's one right down the street from the pub, right?"

"Aye, look who's shit the stick out!" Max cheered, throwing his arm around Josh's shoulders. He shook him slightly. "Good to see you back, mate."

"Fuck off, Max," Josh chuckled. "Call the lads and tell them to meet us at the club, yeah?"

"Or...we can go to the pub, get a little tipsy, then make our way to the club?" Juliette suggested, grabbing the boys attention once again.

Max stared at her, mouth slightly open. He then turned to Josh, a wide grin on his face, "And you didn't want to invite her!"

Juliette laughed, “Come on, then. Let’s go get fucked up.”

Max’s grin stretched from ear to ear, “God, I love this girl!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Le outfit.

Hmm. Little...iffy. Not sure if I like it a lot. But, it is getting somewhere.

Juliette has a little crush on Josh, aw.

Thank you-
Mr Reckless.
<3

Guuuuuuuuys, please comment! They motivate me to write and write and write! Updates will come faster if I get more feedback.

What do you think is gonna happen at the club? ;)

<3