Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Jaws On The Floor

three

Juliette sat cuddled on the couch, clutching a mug filled with warm tea. Her knees were tucked to her chest. She rested her hands that held the mug on her knees.

"Juliette, I've got a shoot right now. Sorry to run off like this!" Emilie said as she slipped on her coat. "I'll be back around half one or two. Tell Josh when he wakes up, yeah?"

Juliette nodded, "I will. Have fun at your shoot, sweets."

"Thanks," Emilie muttered, rushing out the door.

Juliette let out a loud sigh and looked around the massive flat. She wished she had a place like this back in LA. Instead, she was stuck with her small dorm. She loathed dorms.

Sometimes Juliette wondered if she made the right decision about leaving the UK. She always wondered if she had stayed, would she have a successful job like Emilie did?

Juliette was working on getting a degree in journalism, music journalism.

A slight cough ripped Juliette from her thoughts. Her head snapped in the direction of the cough.

Josh was standing by the sofa, staring at her with his eyebrows crumpled together. "Where's Emilie?" He asked, his voice was still rough and scratchy from sleep.

"She said she had some shoot to go to," Juliette answered softly before drinking more tea from her mug. She had missed the tea so much. Damn Americans couldn't make a good cup of tea if their life depended on it.

"Right," He nodded before heading in to the kitchen. He went and started the coffeemaker, yawning loudly.

Juliette felt awkward sitting on the couch in her best friend's flat while her best friend's boyfriend was there too.

Josh came back from the kitchen and took a seat on the opposite end of the couch. He threw his head back. His head was absolutely killing him. Hangovers were the worst.

Juliette watched him carefully as they both sat in silence. He was fairly attractive, she thought. He was tall, around 6’1. He had messy, sorta longish, brown hair. The scruff lined his jaw perfectly. His eyes were a beautiful, mesmerizing blue. To top it all off, his smile was adorable. Juliette saw why Emilie fell for him.

He did seem like a jerk, though. Juliette couldn't wrap her head around that part.

"Admiring the view, yeah?" Josh smirked as he caught Juliette staring. Juliette's cheeks turned a bright pink as she stared down at the tea in her mug. Josh let out a loud laugh, ignoring the horrible pounding in his head, "Just taking the piss, sweetheart."

Juliette nodded as she took a sip from the mug. She avoided his eyes at all costs. She stared out the large window to her left. He was seriously cocky. She found that...oddly attractive?

It was Josh's turn to watch Juliette as they sat. She was a gorgeous girl with beautiful green and blue eyes, tanned skin, obviously toasted from the LA sun, and dark brown hair that fell past her shoulders in light waves.

Something about her intrigued Josh. Maybe it was the fact that she was no model. She was a breath of fresh air for Josh. She was normal.

Juliette felt Josh's eyes on her, but tried to ignore it. She thought he was probably judging her every move, comparing her to Emilie. She was obviously losing horribly to her gorgeous best friend.

Josh ripped his eyes off the gorgeous girl sitting on the couch next to him and stood, going straight to the kitchen.

"It's gonna be a long couple of months," Josh muttered to himself as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

*


Emilie sat on Juliette’s bed, her long legs crossed, watching as Juliette unpacked everything. “So, do you want to come to this little party with me and Josh tonight?”

Juliette stopped what she was doing, dropping the top she was holding. She spun around with a wide grin slapped across her face, “Party?”

“Yes, party,” Emilie laughed, nodding. “A friend of mine is having a birthday party at this club and I don’t have a shoot tomorrow…so why not?”

“Of course I’d like to go, Em,” Juliette smiled. Juliette was new to the party scene. She wasn’t exactly the most popular girl back when she was in school, so she never really went to house parties. She was making up for it now though. Back in LA, she went to a party whenever she had a chance. “How formal is it?”

Emilie grinned. Her friend knew her life all too well. “What’s the most formal thing you brought?”

“Uh…” Juliette skewed her mouth to the side. She turned around and dug through the closet, trying to find something. Emilie shook her head and got up. She went through Juliette’s suitcases. Juliette looked over at Emilie, gasping “Ahh! She lifts a finger!”

Emilie rolled her eyes and laughed, “You’re a bitch.”

“No, I’m just truthful,” Juliette winked before returning her attention to the closet in front of her. “I’ve got absolutely nothing.”

“Don’t worry, hun. I’ve got an entire closet full of clothes you can wear,” Emilie smiled, grabbing Juliette’s hand and leading her out of the bedroom.

“What are you wearing?” Juliette asked as Emilie pulled open her closet doors. Her eyes went wide at the huge selection of dresses.

“This dress,” Emilie shrugged, pulling out a short black dress with long sleeves. She kicked out a pair of black peep toe pumps. “Those, too.”

Juliette nodded before walking into the massive closet. “I can pick anything?” She asked, tracing her fingers along the dresses as she walked by them.

“Anything you can fit,” Emilie said, picking up her heels and heading out of the closet to go get ready.

Juliette grinned. Anything she could fit. She looked down at her figure. She wasn’t that much bigger than Emilie in the waist department. She was a bit bigger than Emilie in the boob department, though.

She grabbed her boobs and let out a loud sigh, “If you two prevent me from fitting any of these dresses…”

“Who are you talking to?” Juliette whipped around, still holding her boobs. Her eyes went wide as Josh stood there, laughing, “Did I interrupt something?”

Juliette quickly let go of herself and forced out a laugh, “Ha, um, no. Um…You're coming with us tonight, right?”

“Unfortunately,” Josh muttered, running a hand through his hair. He thought Juliette hadn’t heard that because she was still staring at him. Good. “Yeah, yeah, I am.”

“…I don’t know what to wear, honestly,” She huffed out, scanning the dresses in front of her. “Is it gonna be super formal?”

“Not really, no. We’re just going to this club. VIP and shit,” Josh shrugged. He turned to the dresses. He quickly scanned over them. He’d seen Emilie in half of these before. He knew which ones were the best. His eyes landed on a one shoulder, black lace dress. He grinned. If Emilie looked good in it, then Juliette would look fucking stunning in it.

Juliette followed his eyes to the dress. She pulled it out. “This one?” She asked, holding it up to her figure.

“Yep,” Josh nodded and walked out, leaving her to get ready.

**


“I feel incredibly out of place,” Juliette admitted to Josh as they stood at the bar, watching models interact with other models. “I feel more out place here than I did in LA…”

Josh laughed, drinking his beer, “You felt out of place in LA?”

“Yes, everyone always asks if I’m from England or they give me weird looks and it’s really not fun,” She giggled, sipping her little martini carefully as she felt dirty glances being shot her way. “This is worse, though. I feel I’m being judged way too hard.”

“Welcome to my life,” Josh mumbled, shaking his head. “I just brush it off and smile back at ‘em. They hate that.”

Juliette laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. Josh just grinned down at the girl before finishing off his beer.

No one in the club held a candle to Juliette. Josh was right when he thought that dress would look stunning on her. He hugged her in all the right places.

He set his empty bottle down on the bar and stuck his hand out to Juliette, “Care to dance?”

Juliette smiled, taking his hand, “I don’t see why not.”

Josh grinned and led her out to the dancefloor. He let go of her hand as soon as she started dancing, swaying her hips to the music. Juliette stayed a good distance away from Josh. Even though he didn't really act like it, Josh was still Emilie's boyfriend. Juliette didn't want to cause absolutely anything.

Emilie glanced over at the two of them dancing together, frowning a bit. They looked like they were having fun. Fun without her.

She walked over to them, putting on a fake smile. Josh’s smile faltered as his eyes landed on her. She didn’t look happy. Sure she was smiling, but her eyes told Josh differently.

“Em!” Juliette laughed, grabbing Emilie’s hands. She pulled her closer to her, throwing her arms over her shoulders. The two girls swayed their hips perfectly to the music.

Josh watched as the two girls laughed and danced. Emilie looked incredibly happy for the first time in ages. It was nice to see.

Juliette ripped away from Emilie and grabbed Josh, pulling him into the middle of them. Josh let out a loud laugh and started dancing with the girls.

Josh was incredibly happy for the first time in ages as well.

All thanks to Juliette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits!

Aw, it's a bit short, but I like it. c:

Thank you so much-
Mr. Reckless
&
saveredheads
And of course, thank you to the readers and subscribers. <3

Comments motivate me to write more and update faster. ;)

<3