You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

I Allow Myself to Fall Around You

I woke up and smoked a cigarette. I smiled, I was excited for tonight, I was excited to see James. After finishing my smoke, I ate and then brushed my teeth. I went to my closet trying to find what to wear for tonight, and I couldn't decide. Did I want to wear something sexy? But if I did would that come off to strong and slutty to James. Or did I want to wear something casual? But if I did would it make it seem like I wasn't interested? Wait, I'll just text Audrey and Kari and ask them if they would come over and help me! Grabbing my phone I texted them asking that.

After a few minutes they texted me back saying that they would and they would be at my house in an hour. Smiling, I took a shower and put on some shorts and a tank top. I turned on the tv and turned it to a random channel waiting for Audrey and Kari to come over. After a bit I heard a knock at my door. Opening it I saw Kari and Audrey. Smiling I opended the door wider to let them in and said,"Hey guys, thank you for coming and helping me." Audrey shook her head and told me, "it's not problem." Kari smiled and nodded in agreement.

I nodded and asked," Would you guys like anything to drink?" Kari smiled and answered," Not right now." Smiling she asked," Where's your closet?" I gave a small laugh and showed them my room. Audrey opened the closet and they looked at it for a few minutes. Audrey pulled out black skinny jeans with holes on the knees, and a tank top that was lace in the back and pink with black hearts on the front, and black sandals that had a two inch heel. Then Kari pulled out a dress that had one sleeve and the top part was purple and the bottom was black with deep purple heels.Then Audrey pulled out red shorts, a black tank top, and red flip-flops. Then Kari looked through my closet a bit more before she pulled out another out-fit. It was a black romper with black sandals.

"Well I like them all except for the dress, I think that would be too much." I told them with a smile, Kari laughed and said," It is I just picked it out because it's pretty." I giggled and Audrey asked," Are you trying to impress James?" I blushed slightly and said,"Well I, um, yeah." Audrey smirked and shared a look with Kari before they both started to sing,"James and Beckett sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then come Beckett with a baby carriage." At the end of the song they both busted out laughing, and I could feel myself blush more. Giving a small laugh, I felt like I was in high school again. Kar looked at me and asked," Why are you trying to impress James?" Still blushing I told her," Because I'll a-admit. I l-like him. He's tall, handsome, funny, and sweet." Audrey came toward me and put her arm around my shoulder and cooed,"Aww are wittle Beckett has a crush." I'll admit the way she said it made us all laugh.

Then suddenly Kari and Audrey looked at each other and shared a look. Then they went wild in my closet they made four piles.I guess a yes and a no pile for shirts and pants/shorts. After awhile the piles got smaller until they had two great outfits. One was a pair of ble jean shorts and anAvenged Sevenfold tank top with white sandals. The other outfit was a pair of soft red Capri's with an Iron Man t-shirt and red converse. "It's casual, and I believe it will look great on you" Audrey told me with a small smile while holding the first outfit. Smiling while holding the other outfit Kari told me,"This is casual, and comfortable. Plus I think James is the kind of guy that isn't usually impressed with clothes." I nodded and I looked at both outfits carefully. "I think I'll wear Audrey's outfit." Kari nodded an put her outfit away. Audrey, still with a small smile, gave me the outfit she chose. Taking the clothes I went into my bathroom and put them on. Coming out of the bathroom, I noticed that they put most of the clothes back, and was opening a bag. Kari looked at me and said, "You look great Beckett." Smiling I told her," Thanks." She smiled and nodded. Audrey looked at me and said," Sit down, I'm going to do your hair, and Kari's going to do your make-up." I smiled and sat at my vanity.

After half an our I was ready. Audrey straightened my hair and teased the back a bit. Kari did my make-up amazingly. Looking at the time I realized it was time to go to James' house. We grabbed our purses and got into Kari's car. After awhile we arrived at James' house. It was a beautiful house. We parked and walked to the door. Kari rang the doorbell and after a few minutes James opened the door with his beautiful smile on his face."Hey Guys, come on in." He told us while opening the door some more. We all stepped in and the interior of the house was just as beautiful as the exterior. "You have a beautiful home." I told James smiling. Giving me a small smile"Thank you." He said as he closed the door. "Well, I'm glad you guys could make it, there's drinks in the kitchen along with snacks." James told us three. Audrey got up and headed towards the kitchen, for a drink probably, and Kari shook her head following her. It left me and James alone. It was quiet for a moment before I said," Thank you James for inviting me." Smiling down at me, James replied,"It was no problem Beckett, I'm just glad you're here." We shared a smile and headed towards the kitchen to get drinks. Once I got my rum and coke, and James had his Vodka, we joined Kari and Audrey in the living room.

An hour into the kickback, I noticed James and Audrey were talking. Audrey seemed to be in a pleasant mood. I smiled, maybe she was slowly getting over what ever her father and brother did to her, and was very slowly realizing maybe not all men were the same. Then again that's what I hope it was. Suddenly Kari pulled me aside and told me in a hushed voice," Don't tell Audrey or DJ when he gets here, but this isn't just a kickback." Ignoring my confused look she continued," It's an intervention of the sorts to get those two to call a truce." I nodded and whispered back," I hope it works."

No later after I said that,there was a knock at the door. James walked to the door and answered the door to DJ. Right as DJ walked into the living room, Audrey turned and saw him. "Why is she here?" Exclaimed DJ the same time Audrey exclaimed,"Why is he here?" Kar walked in between them and said,"You two are here because you have common friends, and you two ARE going to PLAY NICE." Audrey just shook her head and went to get her another drink, and DJ walked over to James and started to talk. Audrey entered the room right as DJ walked over to me. "Hey, it's nice to see you again Beckett." DJ told me with a smile. "It's nice to see you too." I said with a small smile."How have you been? I asked him before he could say something."I've been good, you?" He asked. "That's good. I've been pretty good too." He nodded before he said,"Well I'm going to go say hi to Kari." He told me politely. I smiled and nodded as he walked to Kari.

After awhile, we gradually moved to the couch. It was great for a while, we were all sitting, talking, drinking, and a few laughs. Then somehow Audrey and DJ noticed they were sitting next to each other. "Switch seats with me Beckett, I can't sit near DickJ. I might get a disease." Audrey spat with a harsh glare to DJ. "Please. You've probably caught every disease out there." Scoffed DJ. "Not everyone's a whore like you." Audrey retorted. Before it could escalate into something like last time, Kari stood up. "I'm tired of this! We always have to put you in separate corners like three year olds! We are all adults, so you two better start acting like it or else!" Kari shouted. Everyone was silent until Audrey said,"I'm not the one that needs to act like an adult, I can be civil, DJ can't" "I'm more mature than you!." Exclaimed DJ. James and Kari shared a look. "Fine have it your way." Kari said before she grabbed DJ's ear and James picked up Audrey. Audrey was yelling and banging her first while DJ was yelping and trying to get his ear out of Kari's hand. Kari pushed DJ into the closet and James sat Audrey in and closed the door.

Audrey and DJ kept banging on the door and yelling. "You two are stuck in there until you two call a truce!" Kari yelled to them. We heard some more banging and then the banging stopped. As soon as it stopped, they started yelling. We could really understand what they were yelling, so were they yelling at us or each other? After about fifteen minutes of them yelling they stopped and it was quiet.

After a few minutes of silence James asked,"Kari, why did you tell me to force her? I mean fuck, wasn't there a more, gentler way to do this?" Shaking her head and sighing Kari answered," I'm sorry James, but with how stubborn those two are you need force." With a small smile, I told them,"You do know if they don't kill each other, they'll kill us." We started laughing until we heard a big bang from inside the door. It was probably them trying to get out. We heard another bang, and paid no mind. Suddenly we heard another bang, and the closet door busted open. DJ and Audrey fell out into the walk way. "What the fuck is your problem Kari?" DJ fumed at her. Kari just looked at them shocked, like the rest of us she was speechless. Audrey finally stood up. Her make-up was smeared and there was scratches all over her arms. What happened in that closet? "Oh Audrey." Kari said as she went to hug her. Audrey flinched away from her. She grabbed her purse and ran out of the house like a bat out of hell.

You could see confusion and concern in DJ's eyes. "I-I'll buy you a new door." DJ told James quickly before he ran after Audrey. It was silent for a moment. Kari broke it asking James," I hate to ask, but can you take Beckett home? I have to go back to Audrey's and wait for her to calm down and come home."

James nodded and said," Yeah I'll give her a ride home. Call or text me and tell me if she's going to be okay please." Kari nodded and before she left I asked her,"If she doesn't come home or something that makes you feel like you need to go look for her, will you call me to help? Also tell me if she's going to be okay too." Kari nodded and gave us a small smile before she left.

Now James and I was left alone in his house. I suddenly felt a bit nervous. Breaking the silence I asked him,"Do you want me to help clean up before you take me home?" James smiled and slightly shook his head. "Thank you for offering Beckett, but I was the one to invite you and I don't think I would be a good host if I made you clean up. Plus there isn't much to clean." I nodded and told him. "It wouldn't make you a bad host, and if you're sure." "I'm sure Beckett, and I don't want this night to end on a bad note. So I was wondering if you would want to get a bite to eat with me? James asked me with his gorgeous smile.

Smiling I answered," I would love to James." He smiled and said,"Great. Now I don't know about you but Taco Bell sounds amazing to me." While grabbing my purse I told him," Taco Bell does sound pretty great right now." Then we left and got into his car. "So do you play any instruments?" James asked me. "Yeah I can play the bass a bit." I answered. James smiled and replied," That's cool." I nodded and asked,"Do you play any?" "Yeah I can play the guitar , bass, piano, and drums." He answered."That's amazing! What made you want to learn all those instruments?" Smiling he answered,"Well I learned piano first because I heard that after you learn it, it helps you learn how to play guitar better. So after I finally learned those two instruments, I started getting more into music. So I started to learn how to play the others."

"So if you don't mind me asking, but what type of project are you making with DJ? Kari mentioned it when we all first met." I asked nervously. I mean whathe doesn't want to talk about it? With a slight smile, James answered," Well I can't say much of it besides that's a music project for something and I'm going to sing." I nodded and said," That's cool, sorry if I put you on the spot a bit. And you sing? That's pretty awesome, you're a triple threat." I ended my sentance with a laugh and James laughed along with me. "A triple threat huh?" James asked with his eyebrow raised and an amused smile. He realized I said that? Blushing I stuttered," Umm uh y-yeah. I mean you uh a can sing and write music, and um ah can play four instruments, and uhm you're a pretty great guy." I was still blushing when he said," Thanks Beckett. You're a triple threat too." Shockingly I blushed more. He thinks I'm a triple threat? What does that mean? "Thanks J-James." I stuttered to him.

"You're welcome Beckett." He replied. "So you mentioned you sing, have you done any professional singing ? If you don't mind me asking." I asked him. Smiling he answered,"You can ask. Yeah I have. I have a cd out called Inhale, but it's not that popular, or known of." Smiling I told him,"That's amazing. I mean you have a cd, that's a big accomplishment. I'll have to check it out sometime." He nodded and said,"Yeah I'm sure you could find it somewhere or maybe you could borrow the copy I have." Smiling I told him,"That would be cool." After I said that we puled into Taco Bell.

James parked his car and we went in. We ordered our food and sat at a table near the window. "So do you do any like personal photography, or something other than bands?" James asked me. "I don't go out and take any photos for myself as I used to, but yeah I do sometimes." I told him. "Are there any certain things you like to shoot?" He asked me after taking a bite of his food. Swallowing my food I said,"I like to shoot people and scenery mostly." He nodded and while he took a bite of his food I asked," Is there a certain genre you like to play or sing?" "I like all music, but I mainly play and sing rock and alternative." James told me after he swallowed his food. I smiled and took a drink of my Pepsi. We talked a bit more and ate, and then when we was almost finished James excused himself to go use the restroom.

Smiling I took this time to go up and I ordered ten tacos, five orders of cinnamon twist, three nachos, and a lot more food. After I paid James came out, and sat at the table. After a few moments my food was ready. Smiling I grabbed the tray and I set it down on the table behind us. Quickly I grabbed a taco and threw it at James' head. He turned his head and had this shocked look on his face, I couldn't help but giggle. "You think that's funny huh?" He asked me with a smile as he grabbed some nachos and threw them at me. Smiling I grabbed another taco and threw it at him. Soon it was a full fledged food fight between us.

Halfway through the food fight, the manager came up to us with a frown on her face. "You two need to get out, and get out now! This is a food establishment, not a club house for adults disguised as kids!." Still smiling we threw our trash away, and left Taco Bell. "That was the most fun I've had in a long time." I told James with a smile. Laughing he said,"Yeah that was great." James said with a chuckle. We got into his car and he started to drive me home. "I'm sorry if I get your seat too dirty." I told him with a small laugh. "It's fine, I mean having that much fun is worth the mess." He told me with a smile.

"So do you normally start food fights?" He asked with a laugh.Slightly blushing I laughed and said," Not really. I honestly usually don't do stuff like that. " Laughing James said,"Well I'm glad you did tonight. I'm glad that this night had some fun." Smiling I told him,"Yeah this loser had fun." Laughing James said," Well if you're a loser so am I. But we're better than the other losers out there, because we're Los Angelosers." Laughing I asked him," Los Angelosers?" He chuckled and said," Yes Los Angelosers, because we're in L.A. and are the best damn losers there are." Still laughing I said," Alright."

Sadly we finally reached my apartment. "I had fun tonight James. We should hang out again sometime." I told him with a smile. "I had a fun night too. We definitely will have to." He said with a smile. "Thank you for taking me home." I told him as I was getting out of the car." Your welcome Beckett, but I have to say I'm glad I did." I smiled and said," Me too. I hate to say it but I should head inside. Night James, I'll see you later." "Yeah I should probably head on home, and Night Beckett I'll see you later." He told me. I walked toward the entrance of my building, when I got there I turned and waved to James. He waved back before he pulled out of the parking lot and went on.

I got to my apartment and I took a shower and changed into my iron man pants and a black shirt. I checked my phone to see if Kari or Audrey had called but they didn't. Yawning I sent Audrey a text saying," I hope you're alright and you're safe. If you need a place to stay my door is always unlocked." After smoking a cigarette I went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it. Thanks again to Harleynyxx for being my co-writer! =3