Status: Finished

I'll Be There

FLASHBACK III

I wanted March to end!! April would signal the ever approaching concert that I had been waiting weeks for already, and I had ZERO patience. I sighed uber dramatically and collapsed on my bed. I grabbed my TV remote and my old-as-dirt first act acoustic with a missing string and started reciting scales after I flipped on the news channel. The badly-dressed woman with the way-too-peppy voice was yammering on about the usual bullshit, some kid is missing, some dude got shot, some store got robbed. Bla bla bla. I dropped my lowest string into D, trying not to pop the rusted thing. Then I played the intro to “Life is Beautiful” which I had memorized by heart. There was too much shit in this world. Too much bad. On top of the bad, my problems seemed too prominent. I finished the opening acoustic and started scratching my arm. It was driving me crazy. There were now red blotches etched into my skin from scratching it raw, I hadn’t used in two weeks. I glared at the TV furiously and grabbed the remote, but just then the reporter said “Guns N Roses”. Did I hear her right? I stared at the screen. “Little known band Sixx:A.M.’s guitarist Dj Ashba joins Guns N Roses to replace Robin Finck…” I stared at the screen as they posted a picture of him and the woman’s preppy voice droned on. That was Dj Ashba? I thought he had more tattoos now, and he looked different with the obvious guyliner and the stitched hat instead of messy hair. I stared at him until they removed the photo and continued on with their boring news. He was kinda hot, and he was now in two of my favorite bands. Dj Ashba…
♠ ♠ ♠
more to come, hope you enjoy the flashbacks