Status: Finished

I'll Be There

GNR Show, 3rd times a charm...

Raven didn’t have much to pack, mostly clothes and hygiene stuff, only a couple mementos. She put her old epiphone in its gig bag and stuffed some more clothes in its extra zippers. She couldn’t believe she was actually going to live with Dj Ashba. Seven came all too soon, and she heard the growl of the guitarist’s car outside, signaling her departure. Dj hopped out and grabbed her two lonely bags, tossing them lightly in the trunk. Then he hugged her tightly, like she might turn to dust. They separated and stared at each other’s eyes, not quite sure what to do besides stand there. Then Raven kissed him for the first time instead of the other way around, and he loved the feel of her lips on his once again. She pulled away and gazed at him, with an expression he could not read. “Are we for real this time?” she asked, he couldn’t tell if he heard worry or hope in her voice, maybe both. He nodded at her, “yes.” “Axl Rose won’t stop you?” He made an angry face. “Satan himself couldn’t stop me Raven, I’m sure this time.” She hugged him, her warm face burying itself in his chest, and he held her close. He remembered himself just a few short days ago, how he thought so little of her and treated her like a child fan. Now he was attached to her. He hoped he was doing the right thing.
I let go of him and smiled, “Come on, I don’t want to miss Guns N’ Roses.” And I got in the car. He laughed as he got in beside me. “Miss? I wouldn’t dream of it! I heard they had a hot guitarist.” I smirked. “Yeah, that Richard is really something isn’t he.” He gave me an incredulous look. “Yeah sure, you don’t like the other one though? That one with the cool hair?” “Oh!” I said dramatically, “Of course, Bumblefoot is just killer on those solos.” He made an even worse face. “I think you’re forgetting one.” I cupped my chin in my hand and pretended to be deep in thought. He sped up, curving carefully through traffic. “Slash?” I asked, sounding as stupid as possible. He literally facepalmed. “He hasn’t been in the band since…like, the stone age!” I laughed. “Oh yeah, I remember now, that guy with the hat and funny stage pants.” “They aren’t funny…” he pouted. I smiled and grabbed his free hand. He laced his fingers through mine and raced through the city. The sun was setting behind the buildings, casting eerie shadows that you couldn’t help but admire as the golden light spread itself throughout the darkness. Lights were turning on in office buildings and hotels, signaling the start of the city’s night life. The tires of the sports car were silent on the pavement as we dashed through the splashes of color.
They got there in plenty of time to relax and enjoy the opening band before Dj had to prep for stage. Once when Raven was grabbing a shirt for him he saw Nikki show up behind her. He was going to yell to his best friend but Nikki put a finger to his lips. Suddenly he came up from behind her and hugged her, scaring her to death. She was both pissed and overjoyed to see him, and she spun around and hugged him back, throwing her arms wide around his neck. Dj tried to ignore her as he put his shirt on and looked for his vest. He found the garment and tossed it on, straightening it on his slim body. He turned around to see Nikki coming towards him, holding a frightened Raven like a baby. “Dude, I think this is yours.” He said, handing her over to him. He glanced at the two together before he took her from him. He had this nagging feeling about seeing them together, like Sicky had come back from the past in the form of a girl. He made a mental note to talk to Nikki later, even though there was nothing to discuss, he was sure the bassist noticed how odd it was too. It was probably just the hair. He smiled down at Raven as he held her. Yeah, it was just her hair. Her striking green eyes stared into his and he kissed her lightly before he set her down. “You guys are too much of a distraction.” He said, sarcastically glaring at Nikki. He smiled hugely. “My pleasure brother!” he responded. Raven looked up at Dj. “You need anything?” she asked. He shook his head. “Why don’t you go down to the crowd with Nikki?” She smiled. “I’ll see you soon!” she yelled back at him as Nikki led her away.
The show went just as the last two had; starting at quarter past midnight and lasting till well after three, and dreamy for every second. At first the crowd had gone bonkers over Nikki and this mystery twin he was with, but once security got the best of them and the show started they soon forgot all about us. I saw Dj glance in my direction several times, but I knew he didn’t want to draw attention to me, to us, not just yet. The show ended and we talked with Nikki out back by the car. “So where you headed?” he asked the guitarist. Dj smiled down at me. “We’re going to Vegas.” He answered. Nikki smiled and held out his hand. “Best of luck to you” he said, and Dj grabbed his hand, pulling his friend into a hug. Then Nikki smiled at me and held his arms open. I happily embraced him, and when we pulled away he ruffled my hair. “Behave alright?” he said, smirking at me. “And call me whenever you want” “I will!” I said. Dj took my hand. “Ready to go home?” he asked. I nodded up at him. “We’re driving the whole way tonight?” “Of course, why not?’ he said. I yawned and got in the car. He got in beside me and turned on the Death Ride, its dark engine growling lightly. He drove on into the night, and we were well away from the beautiful city lights when I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
wooooow nice n long :) raven's finally going to vegas! :)) what will happen there?? hmmm
(who knows what "Sicky" was a reference to? props if you know!)