Status: only gonna be about 10 parts

max green fan fic

10

I screamed out pain and agony, tears exploding from my eyes as I kissed her cold lips desperately.

“Alex you promised! You promised you were coming back! You promised you were mine forever!” I screamed. “Come back! Come back…”

But she didn’t.

And two days later, I was holding my son at my wife’s funeral.

Craig put his hand on my shoulder as I bit back tears. “Max,” my mom said, coming over to me. I fell apart in her arms. She held me while I sobbed.

“Alex you promised not to hurt him,” Craig whispered, tears in his eyes. “Max,” Monte said and soon we were all sobbing and hugging. I just needed her back. I loved her so much. Why did she have to die?

She promised!

“Alex,” I sobbed. “It’s okay Max. We’re here for you,” my mom soothed. “Alex!” I juts kept saying her name. What else was I supposed to say? That I’d be fine? Because I wouldn’t be. That I was going to make it? Because I wasn’t. That it was nothing? Because it wasn’t.

My heart had died with Alex.

“I don’t know how to go on,” I sobbed. “Max, you have to go on,” Robert begged me. “You can’t give up! Think of Aden. What would happen to him if he lost his mom and dad?”

I hugged Aden to me. He was only 2 for god’s sake! Why was this happening to him? To me? To us? He didn’t understand what was happening. Death just didn’t exist to a 2 year old who loved his mother so much.

“Craig, how do I go on?” I asked through my tears.

“You’ll find a way Max. We all will.”

***11 years Later***

“Dad wake up!”

I cracked my eyes open. “What?” I asked sleepily. “Uncle Craig is here!” Aden cheered. I got up and threw on a random shirt before going down to find Craig in the kitchen.

“Hey birthday boy,” Craig said, hugging Aden. I had already said happy birthday to him at midnight.

Craig set Aden down. “Go play Aden. Your dad and I have stuff to talk about.” Aden pouted. “I’m 13 Uncle Craig. I can listen.” “No you can’t midget. Get your ass out,” I said and playfully shoved him.

Craig and I sat down at the table. “What’s up?” I asked. “Ready for the party?” Craig whispered. I cracked a grin. “Yea,” I said.

“Aden!” I called and he bounded into the kitchen. We got ready and got in Craig’s car. “Max, what song shall we listen to?” Craig asked. “Birthday Sex?” I joked.

Craig punched me jokingly and I laughed. I wasn’t complete. I was only at 98%. But I was trying this time.

And in 11 years, Escape The Fate hadn’t matured at all ^-^

We got to Craig’s and he winked at me. “Ready Maxwell?” he asked, trying to sound formal. I laughed. Craig and formal just didn’t go together.

We opened the door and Monte and Robert jumped out screaming surprise. Aden squealed in joy and ran to them. “Thanks Craig,” I said. Craig hugged me. “Anything for our boy Aden,” he said with a smile.

We partied all day and all night with the now 13 year old. Aden came over and hugged me. “Thanks dad,” he said with a smile.

I smiled back at him until I saw tears in his eyes.

“What’s wrong Aden?” I asked in a panic. He wiped at his eyes and I hugged him closer to me.

“I wish mom was here.”

My heart shattered and I hugged him tight. Craig gave us concerned looks and came over. “You miss her don’t you?” he asked sadly. “Yea Uncle Craig,” Aden sniffed. Craig smiled gently at him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“She’s watching you Aden,” he promised. “Yea so let’s smile and pretend like life without her isn’t shit,” I said with a weak smile. Craig sighed. “Max must you swear in front of your son? I don’t swear in front of my daughter!”

Aden laughed and wiped away the rest of his tears. He wrapped his arms around my neck and sat in my lap. “Uncle Craig you’re so damn lame!” I jokingly smacked him in the head. “Swearing is not very nice son,” I said.

Aden rolled his eyes and Craig laughed. “Okay, okay. So there’s a little bit of cake left. When Aden falls asleep we can all get wasted,” he joked.

I laughed and took a sip of my soda. God I missed Alex so much! It ripped a hole right through my heart without her here. But I had to make it. I just had to.

Not loving you is harder than you know…
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading