Immortality Doesn't Mean Never Dying

Immortality Doesn't Mean Never Dying

Immortality Doesn't Mean Never Dying
Chapter I
Author: AllApologies451994
SEQUEL TO "AS THE LEAVES CHANGE IN COLORS"
Gerard's P.O.V.

What the hell? Who the fuck would pull this kind of sick prank on me? I've got a bone to pick with this guy. He doesn't even SOUND like Mikey.

"Who the fuck are you and why are you trying to give me false hope?" I spat at him. Frank ran in the room behind me, obviously concerned. The voice on the other line was shaky.

"Its me, Gerard. Really! I can prove it... My full name is Michael James Way. I used to come into your room and help you sleep at night after the nightmares. I helped you through the whole situation with Bert. I dated Frankie until I had to leave... BUT. I have a lead now! I met this chick who told me she saw dad, and she was actually sort of pretty..." I could practically hear the blush on the other line. And then I realized... Holy shit! I'm talking to my baby brother!

But wait... What if I'm not? What if this is just some sick fuck who did his research? Like I said earlier, this doesn't even /sound/ like Mikey. So, I'll ask one more question.

"One more question... What's the most embarrassing thing about me?"

"Well... You sleep with a pet sock monkey you named Fallout that you've had since Granny Elena gave it to you. Sometimes, when I would come into your room at night, you would cuddle and cry to it and talk to it like it was a real person that could save your life."

I broke down in the floor and started bawling, crying out "Mikey! Mikey, I'm sorry I didn't believe it was you! O God, I'm sorry! Mikey!". Frank came up behind me and started holding me. Mikey and Frankie both asked at the same time, "Are you okay?" It was a little creepy. Then, Mikey stopped and Frankie kept talking. Uh-oh.

"Gerard? ...Didn't I call Frank's house? Why are you spending the night there?" My heart literally stopped. Damn.

"Well, Mikey.... I, uh... After you left, I didn't think I could stand being in the same house with mom, so... I ran away. And I've been living with Frank since then. Is that... Are you okay with that?"

There was an awkward pause, and I was terrified that he was pissed at me. God, I would be pissed at me too. But then I heard a giggle and had an inward sigh of relief. "Yea. I'm cool with that. I'm glad you two are finally getting along, like I TRIED to get you to do..." Another laugh. Dear Lord, I thought. He doesn't have any idea how we're getting along...

"Its been nice talking to you, Gerard. It really has. But do you mind if I talk to Frankie for a little bit? I'm gonna run out of emergency minutes..." I heard how he didn't wanna leave me, but I said sure anyways. I handed the phone to Frankie and walked out of the room.

Holy shit. My boyfriend is talking to my brother aka his ex-boyfriend. This can't end well.
I walked back in there and mouthed the words to Frank, "Don't let him know." He understood me. He talked and laughed for a little bit before saying their goodbyes, and I talked to him one last time to tell him I loved him, and then the phone was hung up. I sat there for a moment in confusion. I looked at Frank and half-joked.

"Well... This is gonna be awkward when he finds out...."
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Here you go! I haven't updated in a while, and this is for all my fans on my Facebook Frerard! fanpage. If you aren't a fan and would like to check it out, go to the page "Frerard!" (wihtout the quotation marks) on Facebook and like. I'm not sure where chapters will be posted sooner, here or there, BUT. Make sure to check up there if I haven't updated here in a while. Sorry about the short length, it's kind of just an introductory chapter to refresh what all went down in the last chapter. Enjoy! :3
~AcidxReign!