Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

10

It only occurred to me after I stormed out on Mr. H that I had to spend an hour with him after school. Fuck. I hoped to dear god he didn’t offer me another ride home.

“Guacamole looks like baby vomit and day old guacamole looks like baby shit. It’s just gross, ya know?” Julia explained her hatred of anything avocado related.

Katie was off in la la land, she really never said much. She just kind of had this lost look in her eyes. Maybe she was just high or maybe that’s just how she was.

“So Kates and I were thinkin of going to this party tonight, you should come. We’re making brownies. So what do you think, huh?” Julia smiled, punching me in the side.

Before I had time to answer she and Katie were attacking each other’s face again. This was how lunch usually went. Katie sat there staring off in space while Julia talked about something random that no one gave a single shit about and then they started making out.

“Right, well I’m not hungry. Julia, you can have my food. I’m heading upstairs before the bell rings and the hallways get packed.”

My orange juice spilled a little bit when I slid my tray across the table to her. I grabbed my bag slid it on, letting it hang off of only one shoulder.

“See ya later.” And with that I left, taking the shortcut through the back staircase.

If only I wasn’t so lazy, I should’ve just taken the long way. The short way passed by the teacher’s lounge and I ran into the man I really didn’t want to see.

God, why did he have to be so gorgeous? With his blue eyes and little bit of scruff on his face, he must’ve forgotten to shave that morning, but he had gelled up the front of his hair. I always loved it when he did that. It looked so cute. Fuck. I needed to stop staring at him.

“Wait, Regan!” Mr. Harrington called after me as I tried to scoot by unnoticed.

And of course I gave in.

“Look I didn’t mean to upset you before, I was just confused.”

“No, it’s my fault, I shouldn’t have freaked out, you were just trying to be comforting. To be honest I just can’t stand it when people say they’re sorry about my dad dying. It just sets me off.”

“I’ll make it up to you. I’ll give you a ride home after detention. It’s supposed to rain this afternoon anyway.”

And so I was going to spend the afternoon with my sexy history teacher yet again. It was something I could definitely get used to.