Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

21

After the train wreck of a goodbye in Vinny’s car, I took a seat on the disgusting, mildew covered couch on the front porch. Anthony’s smoking couch as I liked to call it.

I couldn’t work up the balls to actually go inside. I was too fucking scared. What would he do to me? Was he even still there? Maybe mom kicked him out. I doubted that.

My thoughts continued to spiral until I found myself waking to the screen door slamming.

“Morning Pumpkin.” It was Anthony out for his morning smoke, that trademark shit eating grin of his plastered to his face.

Fuck him.

I shot straight up off the couch.

“Jumpy are we, Regan? What’s wrong?”

“Fuck off,” I tried to come off as snappy but it came out soft and quivering.

It had to be about time for me to get ready for school, I was probably going to be extra late.

I headed inside, up to my room to pick out some clothes and head into the bathroom to grab a quick shower. I didn’t have time to shave my legs or even dry my hair when I got out. Unable to do much else I pulled the wet mass of tangles up on my head and twisted it into a bun.

No time for breakfast. I grabbed my school bag and headed out the front door only to be stopped by Anthony.

“Regan, get back inside.”

“But I have schoo-“

“GET BACK INSIDE!”

My heart pounded as I retraced my steps back into the house. Oh god, what was he going to do?

“Right,” he followed me, and we both stood in the foyer at the foot of the staircase. “I need you to look after your mom today. I have stuff I gotta do.”

“I can’t just skip schoo-“

“She’s your mother. Fucking take care of her, you selfish little bitch.”

And he left, slamming the door behind him, before I could even squeeze in another word.

Guess I was babysitting mom then, because that was so much more important than my education. Fucking Anthony. Bastard.