Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

EIGHT

I haven't slept very well, with that kind of dream sending me chills every time I imagine it would really happen. It's 7 am now, not minding that I need to go to work soon. I just lay at the edge of the bed, thinking about the possibilities, so if the kiss was just a dream then what if Garrett was pertaining to that Jaime character when we talked about the thing he was thinking about. The thought itself makes me want to puke. Although I have never seen Jaime, and judging her would make me a bad person, I just can't help myself. I am so confuse, I mean, I like that dream, actually no, I love it. And the fact that it brought tears to my eyes when I woke up proved it.

An hour passed and I remained unmove. Still thinking about last night. Garrett, on the other hand is awake, or at least that's what I think, since I can feel him moving. I have my back on him, watching the clock tick every second, wishing for it to stop so I can think properly, as I thought, Garrett is awake, I closed my eyes shut as I hear him coming to my side, my heartbeat went faster as I pretended to asleep. He kissed the top of my forehead and went to the bathroom. It's not really a big thing for us, we do that, I mean the kiss on the forehead thing, we usually don't mind it, but this isn't the usual day for me. My thoughts were racing, and my stomach feels weird. I feel weird. I don't know what's happening to me.

"Good morning sun shine" Garrett greeted me as he came out of the bath room with a smile that I return. I stood up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I have a toothbrush at his bathroom, I bought it last year when we went on a camping trip with the rest of the boys. I also washed my face and tied my long hair in a bun. Looked at my extra pale face, my tired eyes, and chapped lips. I look like a zombie. I also change into my casuals as I noticed that I was still on my dress, and went out.

"Well there's Nike, I wonder where you were a stranger slept with me last night" he teased, completely in a good mood. I raised an eyebrow on him and sat on the edge of the bed

"Mom cook some breakfast" he said, dragging my left arm. I looked up at him.

"Okay" that was all I can say as I let him drag me to their kitchen. The wooden cabinets stand out in the white kitchen as Garrett and I took our usual place in the high chair. To eat at one of the counters.

"How was your sleep?" He asked me as he hand me the bacon and egg his mother made for us.

"I didn't have any" I replied, looking at my food.

"I noticed that, I barely had a decent sleep too Trey was knocking at around 3 asking me if-" he stopped, I looked at him and I saw his face red as he ate bacon.

"I heard him knock, that's when I woke up" I replied, that ruined my dream. The breakfast was silent, until Trey went down with a smirk on his face.

"So nothing hot happened last night?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at us. My eyes rolled at the same time Garrett rolled his. Making us both giggle.

"You just woke us up" I answered, biting the last piece of egg left. Trey nodded and left us alone. Sometimes he can be so annoying.

"Don't you have work?" Garrett asked, my eyes went wide as I reached for my phone. It's already 9:30 my work starts at 10 and I haven't bathed yet. I called the bakery, wishing that the intern would answer, it took four rings when they did and it was Jody, one of the interns.

"Good morning, how can I help you?"

"It's suppose to be 'good morning, this is Good Heaven's bakery how may I help you' anyway is Lacy there?" I asked, Garrett chuckling at my ocd to correct people from work.

"Oh, hi Nike. She's not around."

"Well, if ever she went there and asked where I am can you tell her I'm calling this day off? I'll make it up on Sunday"

"Oh okay" she said as I hang up, I figured that if I'm going to be late anyways, and ruin my not so good mood then it won't be so worth it right? I finished breakfast and cleaned our dishes, a habit I had since I was living alone. Garrett was on the living room playing when I finished. I sit next to him, fishing my own phone as well texting Pat that we should hang out since I am calling the day off work, he said that Garrett already texted him and we'll meet at John's at 6. I look over at Garrett who was now watching tv.

"So...can you uhm drive me to my apartment so I can bathe?" I asked, as I watch him watch the kool aid commercial. His blue eyes looked at me once as he ruffled my hair once.

"Later." He said watching more tv. I know that I wouldn't win if I push the topic, and so I left him there, going to their backyard, where a large tree is place, I love his backyard. The large tree covering half of the place from the sun. And on one trunk, there's a tire that hung from a rope. I never had this when I was a kid. The only tree near our place in new york was on central park, and I don't really get lucky with swings. It's not even hot, I settled myself on the swing, making myself dizzy and sleepy at the same time. I find things that keep me busy, keep me from thinking about my dream. I fished my phone from my pocket again and dialed my cousin's number. He answered after 3 rings.

"Please don't tell me I cock blocked you from a potential fuck" I said as hi heard him chuckle.

"I heard you call the day off? And I heard there will be a movie night at John's at six. Is this coincidence?" He asked.

"No, I think Garrett and the others planned it when they found out I'm taking the day off"

"Why did you anyway?" He asked

"Is Lacy there?" I asked, scared that she might be listening. "No, she left 20 minutes ago" he replied.

"Hey did you feed Vader?" I asked now changing the topic for a while.

"Yes, Lacy love her, we can't just ignore her" he said from the other line. "So why did you skip work?" He asked again, going back to the topic.

"Well, I didn't get sleep last night and I was running late and all, I'm just not in the good mood to even tolerate any stupidity from anyone" I replied giving out a deep sigh.

"Why didn't you get sleep though?" He asked now, sounding serious.

"Well....I-uhm I'll tell you everything later. I just don't like talking about it over the phone" I replied, actually, I don't want to talk about it ever. The only thought of it makes me nervous and sick.

"Are you okay?" He asked, voice worried.

"Of course, nothing to worry about, just some stupid dream..."

"What dream? Is it about your dad?" He asked now, sounding more worried, I chuckled without humor.

"No, I..uhm it's actually about Gary" I said, the lump on my throat reappeared.

"Just spill it Nike." He said, sounding firm.

"Okay, okay I had a dream about him and I woke up, and I started crying and I don't really know why. That's it." I replied, choking on every word.

"What's the dream about? Is it a nightmare?" He asked, as I heard Vader barking at the background.

"Is Vader alr-"

"Don't change the subject, she's fine" he cut me off, and Vader's bark was gone.

"You didn't put her out right?"

"Nike, answer the question!" He said, sounding frustrated. I gave out a deep sigh before saying it.

"We kissed." That's what I just said. Swinging myself. The other line was quiet. "Jar-"

"You cried cause you kiss?"

"No... I cried cause- well cause it ended..." I said covering my face like Jared can see me. I heard him chuckle.

"Well it's about time"

"What do you mean?"

"I'll elaborate later. Just don't think about it okay? See you." He said hanging up. He's useless. I just told him, and he gave me a chuckle and a hanging phrase. What am I suppose to do with that? I threw my phone near the tree trunk as I rested my head on the rope.

"Nike, let me just take a bath and we'll go over your apartment okay?" Garrett's voice was distant and I just gave him a thumbs up. Garrett isn't the worlds fastest when it comes to bathing time, his fastest was 30 minutes, longest, 1 and a half hour. I don't really know what he's doing in an 1 hour inside the bathroom. I spend half an hour the most in the bathroom and I don't even smell. I got my phone from the trunk and decided to gather my things up in Garrett's room, put my heels and dress in my bag and lay down, face flat on his bed. Garrett's spicy and aloe aroma is overwhelming, I like his smell, I even steal one of his pillow cases before he leave tour so I can hug it when I sleep or something. After an hour I heard him went out of the bathroom. My position left unchange as I'm listening to his every move.

"Are you sleeping?" He asked, as I can feel his weight on the bed.

"No" I said through the sheets, I peek out to look at him. He's wearing one of his signature shirts where he cut the neck part, his hair still wet and messy, blue eyes on me. "Hi" I said, he smiled at me and lay down.

"Do you want to sleep or head out to take a bath?" He asked, his fresh breath enveloping me.

"Can you just wake me later?" I asked, letting my eyes drop. I heard him chuckle as he semi carried me so he has his arms around my shoulders, and my face on his chest, my muscle were tense and I feel nervous. His heartbeat steady, I listen to it, counting its beat until I fall asleep.

Jared was no where in sight when we arrived at the apartment. It's already 5:30 so we guessed that he's already at John's. Vader, on the other hand jump on me as soon as I opened the door and ignored me when she saw Garrett, this dog has things for Garrett. I ignored their cuteness and bathe, I wore a black tights, a white top that shows my back, my cropped denim vest and my native american inspired shoes. When I went out of my room, Garrett and Vader was still playing, again, I was oblige to take out my camera and take a picture. The flash startled the both of them earning my laugh.

"Come on, let's take a picture" he said, inviting me as he take the camera off my hand. I sat next to him as I carried Vader and smiled for the camera, we were making faces and laughing, setting the camera on timer when both our phone ring at the same time.

"Hello?" The both of us answered, as Vader barked once.

"Where the hell are you?"

"Uhm-"

"Well, were starting the first movie without the both of you so get your asses here. And bring some booze with you." He said, I chuckled once.

"Okay, okay, we're on our way"

"Quit fucking and please, we ran out of booze drive faster. And oh miss you." He said, hanging up. I look over at Garrett as he stand up and get his keys, I put down Vader and followed him outside. When we reach his car, we just realize that it's already 7:30. One and a half hour and already out of booze? These boys need to watch their drinking ot they'll lose a kidney. We bought 3 bottles of Jack, and two dozen of beer. I guess it was one of the boys who called Garrett too. We drive the traffic free Arizona road quietly listening to The Smiths, and pulled into John's driveway in no time. Jared went out of the house giving me a "we'll have that talk later at home" look as he help Garrett with the beer as I bring the Jacks with me. Trey welcomed me by getting the bottles from my arms and let me go to the living room where everyone was watching a horror movie.

"The killer is there! Don't go there!" Pat screamed, Kennedy saw me first and he got up to hug me, and that's the que for everyone to greet and hug me as well. Telling me that they miss me.

"I got you this really really cool something that I'll show you after this really really shitty movie" John said as I take my usual sit at the floor infront of the couch. Moments later Trey, Garrett and Jared went over to watch the movie. It's I know what you did last summer, although I've seen this a couple of times before, I still get startled. This movie gets me all the time. Pat and Me were screaming now and then, earning jumps from the other guys, sometimes somone would slap you when you scream. Pat got most slaps, I feel bad for him but at the same time, I just miss this guys. After the first movie, trey handed us drinks, as we catch up.

"So any scoring while we were gone?" Kennedy ask, winking at me.

"Yeah right, like that's likely possible" I replied pointing out myself. Even though my friends usually assure me that I am not ugly, there's no guys asking me to go out with them. Well except Nate, Nate's the first in....years. "I think moving here in Arizona made my lack of sexual appeal non existent." I joked, taking a swig at my beer bottle. Kennedy chuckled once and rolled his eyes.

"Come on Nike, we've had this conversation all the time, do you really have to hear every single good thing about you?" Kennedy said, wiggling his eyebrows, I ride in, since seriously, I need that right now, with all these confusion about everything, a little fishing in the compliment lake wouldn't hurt.

"Let's hear it." I said, Kennedy rolled his eyes as he leaned forward.

"Your skin complexion is so....italian, that's new around here-"

"Yeah right, pale is my middle name" I cut him off, he gave me a wide grin and continued.

"You're eyes are not like the usual green, it's like the earth-"

"Yeah I totally agree" pat chimed in.

"Does that mean my eye color suck?" John said, looking at us with wide eyes.

"We almost have the same color, mine's only... Uhm darker" I replied.

"Your hair is long and soft and wavy and it doesn't get all weird when you do stuffs, and it's brown, which makes your skin tone stand out" kennedy continued ignoring our chitchats

"So, this means my shade of green is better than yours?" John asked me as I gave him a playful punch. Johm chuckled as he stand up to get something and gave it to me, kissing my forehead as I thank him. He gave me this really really cool pendant that has a feather on it.

"Your full lips is sexy, your body is amazing, not fat nor thin, the only problem I see is-"

"No boobs" Tim cut Kennedy off as everyone, even me, laughed. I don't have the biggest boobs out there. I threw the nearest thing from me to him as everyone agree.

"I'll get this done you asshole remember this day" I said joking, they kept on teasing me about my almost flat boobs. Jared was telling them a story when I was 15 and he was at New York visiting me and I was wearing air bras while running at Central Park, and I bumped this really buff man, and deflated the right cup. It earned a lot of laughs. "That's very funny!!!!! And depressing" Pat said

"You don't have to" Garrett said, after laughing about the air bra joke, that will never get old. I still get red face everytime I think about it.

"I was just joking Garrett, I'll never put silicon in any part of my body that'll be too....disturbing, what if I deflate my left boob I mean, that'd be worst than air bras" I gave him a nudge and a wink. John put on the next movie, which is Iron Man, I love Robert Downey Jr. although I'm aware that he might have the same age as my dad, he's just my ultimate hollywood crush. We watch and drink at the same time, making fun of my boobs there and then. I just can't believe how this isn't awkward. I bet if Percy is alive he'll be making fun of me too. He likes making me cry, and hug me afterwards, even before I tell mom that he did something wrong.

After the movie, we headed to John's backyard, not minding that it's already 2 am, and lay down at blankets. I placed my pillow in the middle of Garrett's and Kennedy, avoiding Pat and John, for they tend to fart bomb in their sleep. And we're not talking about grenades here, we're talking about nuclear bombs ready to kill every living organism in my body. We catched up some more, tired of the boobs joke and just watch the stars twinkle.

"I like the night sky, it's relaxing and all" I mumbled as I already saw the horizon of light in the sky.

"Shhh, the sun is rising, she might hear you" someone whispered, I don't really know who, I was just really really sleepy, taking a mental note that I have work in 5 hours.

"Hmmmm wake me in 3 hours I have work" I mumbled as I lay face flat on the blanket, getting a few sleep before work.

&&

As expected, work is excruciating. The fact that I didn't get enough sleep because I specifically asked them to let me sleep for 3 hours and then wake me up, not don't let her sleep for 3 more hours and then let her sleep. My mood was incredibly fucked up. I gave glares more that I breath air. To the interns who talk and fantasize about Garrett's band. Or when Maria, the chef's assistant sang a spanish song out loud. Or when Nate walked in the front door.

"Why didn't you answer my calls? Or texts?" He asked, looking at me. My mood wasn't improving, I slept for one hour, I have a hang over, and I have never wanted to ditch work so much.

"Are you gonna buy anything?" I asked him, as I raised my eyebrow, he chuckled and shook his head.

"Oh yeah right your precious band is in town again, so you don't have time with your boyfriend now huh?" He said, that's when I lost it.

"Who even told you you're my boyfriend? Who even told you I like you in the first place? If you're not gonna buy can you just fuck off and touch yourself with my picture or something god Nate you're an asshole, get out of my sight before I do something bad" I said, giving out a sigh as I sit at the chair behind the counter and rub my forehead with my thumb. Nate was startled with my whole speech and shook his head, chuckling by himself.

"Are you gonna buy or am I gonna call the mental hospital" I added, he went up to me and touched my face carefully, making my whole body shiver. Pulling his face into mine, I pulled back and look at him with wide eyes.

"Are you stupid or are you stupid. Get out of my sight before I shove this girl up your ass" I said, as he still have the most annoying grin ever.

"You turn me on" he said winking at me. What's with him. Is he on drugs or something? His whole existence makes me want to barf. I am tempted to call the police and ask for a restraining order.

"Are you fucking high?" I asked, leaving the front desk as I slam my head in the office's table. Seriously, I did told him to fuck off right? What's his problem, does he have some kind of special disability, a robot perhaps?

We closed the shop late this time because a costumer just scheduled something for her 16th birthday and that we needed to make 1000 cupcakes and a 3 high cake. I was thankful that the kid was nice and not bratty because I've been awake for more than a day now and I am just to tired and pissed for anything. The fact that I don't have a ride home pisses me off more than anything. By the time I arrived at home and Vader lunged to me, after grabbing her and her food bowl I settled her in my room, no questions ask from Jared (or maybe I ignored his looks, ignoring the fact that we have a pending topic to talk about), or the strangers he, Garrett and John was talking to at our living room, I collapse in my bed with no thoughts running in my mind, just sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if I didn't put this up yesterday, it's my mum's birthday.

This is for 'kid with a lawnmower' thank you for commenting and liking the story.

Well, I hope you like where this one's going, and I'm sorry if Nike was bit bitchy at the end, lack of sleep do that to people. Or atleast to me.

Comment, Subscribe!!!!!! Thanks