Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

SEVEN

My comfortable slumber was shaken by Lacy's shrieked. For a moment I thought we were attacked by zombies. Vader keep on barking too, and that's when I decided to open my eyes, Garrett's still sleeping beside me, I carelessly went out of bed and went outside.

"Vader, what are you doing outside?" I asked the puppy as she looked at me and cuddled my feet. Lacy and Jared was sitting on the couch.

"Why did you scream Lacy?" I asked from where I'm standing, letting Vader cuddle my feet.

"Just thought you want to wake up early for the bakery" she said, smiling at me.

"Well, can I go with you? What time are you gonna leave?" I asked, picking Vader up so I can see her blue eyes.

"Oh yeah sure leaving in 2 hours, bring your clothes with you as well." She replied, cuddling Jared.

"Get a room" I said going back to bed, as I put Vader in the middle of Garrett and me, she cuddled next to Garrett, putting her nose on top of Garrett's chest, I felt obliged to get the nearest camera and snap a picture before I went lay down again. This dog don't know where her loyalties should be given, I asked her to play with me but she just cuddled next to Garrett, a let out a sigh, giving up.

"You're so stubborn Vader" I said as went to the cabinet and look for something to wear, I have a handful of decent dresses from when I was in New York, as I know, the theme color of the wedding is green and white, hence, taking my time to imagine what the table clothes would look like. I end up choosing a brown and white floral dress that is cut 6 inch before the knees, the torso part of the dress was fitted all the way down under the chest, just before the tummy starts, where a thin belt is placed. I also choose my 5 inches nude heels that Garrett despise, despite the fact that it makes my pale complexion stand out. I am guessing he doesn't like it when we're on the same height. I put everything on my bag together with my make up kit and some bobby pins. After arranging my things, I called Vader for breakfast which she happily oblige, although she doesn't know how to go down the bed alone despite my numerous attempt to encourage her. Garrett, on the other hand is still sleeping. What have gotten into this man, I don't know. With 45 minutes to spare, I went out for a shower and dressed in my casuals for the shop.

"Is Garrett still sleeping?" Jared ask as I went out of the bathroom with a towel on my head.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied casually, sitting beside them.

"What did you do last night? Huh? Huh?" Jared ask, voice teasing, I gave him a punch and stand up.

"At least we were quiet" I teased, winking. I saw Lacy went red as Jared pushed me, I gave him a tongue as I entered my room. Garrett just woke up, still laying on the bed.

"You alright?" I asked him as I brushed my long hair. He nodded and rolled on my side of the bed, Vader trying to get up with him. I ignored her.

"This dog's been trying to get into your pants Gary" I said, as I ruffled his head, he buried his head on my pillow and mumbled something.

"Well, I need to go with Lacy to the shop. See you later okay?" I said as I put on my flats and kissed the top of his head.

"Hey look at me, don't kill yourself yet" I said, as he was burying his head on my pillow, he looked at me once, his blue eyes were tired and questioning.

"See you okay?" I said again, kissing his forehead this time as I carry Vader and put her beside him. Garrett groaned as Vader licked every single exposed skin.

"Ready to go boss woman?" I asked as Lacy stood up and give Jared a kiss, as she went out of the apartment.

"Dad called you know, told you he won't care" I said, as soon as Lacy was out of hearing site. Jared went up to me as he gave me a hug.

"He's at your house you know, not at work when I went to see him" he said, dad barely went home. I nodded and gave him a smile as I followed his girlfriend outside.

The bakery was a chaos. Everywhere there's a cupcake tray ready to be packed or ready to be designed. I helped pack 700 cupcakes, as there are only 10 of us to work, minus the chef and the people who design it, which maked us 6. We finished packing everything at 3. Lacy asked everyone to drive everything except the cake in the reception area, because the 5 story cake might melt in the reception area. Hence, Lacy made the chef drive it himself so he can alter it in case of emergency.

Lacy was wearing a blue fitted dress that looks good in her petite body, he pulled her hair up and applied make up so professionally, I watched her with awe as she put eye make on herself with her left arm. I wore my dress and made everything simple. My long wavy hair was at its same place, my make up was minimal, just blush and gloss.

"No, no, no. No wonder you haven't get laid" Lacy teased as he let me sit on the nearest chair and did my make up, I felt like one of the cupcakes she was trying to make. I was scared that I might look like a stripper. Not that I said Lacy look like a stripper, but make up makes me look extra slutty without even trying. After what it seem to be a long hour, she drag me back to the mirror. My previous make up was change, it still looked like me , but more....sophisticated. My eye make up was detailed, smoky, with a shade of brown that match my shirt. I don't look like I'm homeless anymore.

"Wow thanks"

"Tell me if it works tonight"

"Lacy, you know Gary and I are bes-"

"Don't be so defensive, I wasn't even pertaining to him" she said with a smirk. My face went hot as we heard a honk. We hurriedly closed the shop and hopped on Jared's car. Garrett called shotgun. Jared looked at me before starting the car.

"Wow, you're actually a girl" he teased, earning a laugh. the ride was quiet all through out, with awkward stares from Lacy and Jared, I can just bet that this night will be ridiculous. I don't see Garrett's expression though, as I was on his back.

"SO... Lacy and I will take over the apartment tonight so why don't you stay at Garrett's for tonight?" Jared said, cracking the silence, I looked over Garrett and he gave a shrug, agreeing to Jared's idea. Garrett still lives with his parents. Maybe that's because he's only home 50% of the whole year and it'll be too costy to have an apartment.

"If its okay with Garrett, and if you promise me you'll give Vader dinner, and let her sleep somewhere in sight" I said, Lacy nodded and went on how she love the dog and she'll take care of her. I'm glad she like Vader, it takes a handful to like a stubborn puppy like her.

We arrive at the venue and Garrett opened the door for me.

"Why are you so quiet today?" I asked him as he helped me get out of the car.

"Why are you wearing those?" He asked wrinkling his nose as he look at my shoes

"You're grumpy because of my shoes?" I asked raising an eyebrow as we walked inside the hotel. He shook his head.

"I am not grumpy. I'm just....thinking" he said as the waiter led us at the table.

"About what?" I asked, I noticed that he doesn't want me to push it through so I didn't.

"Too much eh? Lacy did it." I whispered, he cringed and I felt a pang of pain just across my chess. I don't bite.

"What? No, you look absolutely radiant" he said, I can't help but snort when he chose the word radiant.

The newly weds walk at the middle and I was jealous, I was never one of the romantic but seeing people with this kind of relationship is a slap to my face. A fact that I'm too much of a horrible person for anyone to like, or at least be tolerable. They danced, cut the cake and laughed and kissed. It was perfect, they're perfect. I see my wedding like this. When everyone was invited to dance Lacy and Jared didn't waste time. Leaving me and Garrett alone. I want to dance, but I don't think Garrett wants to so I just settled, checking my phone for the first time in a couple of days. I got so much texts and miss calls from Nate, feeling bad that I ignore them.

"Hi" a voice said, I look up to see a red head boy smiling over me. I smiled back
"The bride's friend?" I shook my head. "Groom's?" He asked and I shook my head again.

"The cake girl" I answered, noticing his hazel eyes.

"That make sense, you're such a cutie pie" that does it, I laughed. That's the corniest thing I heard. "Can I ask you something?" He said as I nodded. "Why are you so pale?" He said taking a seat next to me, I felt Garrett's foot as he kicked me under the table. I ignored him.

"It's in the genes I guess" I answered casually, he nodded and smiled.

"It fits you real well, care to dance?" He asked, I was about to say yes when Garrett held my hand and the redhead looked at it.

"Dude" Garrett's voice is warning, I gave him a look as the butterflies in my stomach did their job.

"At least I tried, see you around" the red head said winking at me.

"What was that?" I protest, looking at Garrett, he's still looking at the guy who retreated and to me.

"That's plain bullshit." He answered, still holding my hand.

"Well, he was just being nice"

"He's flirting nike, learn the difference. Jeez" he said putting our hands on his lap

"And so? It's not like we're gonna dance anyway" I answered. Garrett stood up and dragged me to the middle, putting an arm on my waist as we dance closely to each other. I gave him a smile, as he blush. "What's up with you?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothing"

&&

Jared drop as off at Garrett's house before the reception ends. Garrett's mom was at the kitchen when we arrived.

"Hi mom" Garrett greeted her as she smiled to the both of us.

"Where were you guys from?" She asked.

"A wedding" he answered briefly as that. His dad and brother were at the living room playing some video game when we passed by. Hearing someone whistle as we sit next to them.

"Hey Mr. Nickelsen, sup Trey." I greeted them. Trey looked at me extra long and smirked.

"I didn't know you're a girl until now" he said making my face heat up.

"Trey! That's not how to tr- oh you do look nice where have you been son?" He asked Garrett as he look at us.

"A wedding" he said standing up, offering me his hand. "Well, we'll call it a day" he added, Trey snorted and looked at us.

"Oh yeah I bet you would" he teased making my face heat up again as Garrett drag me into his room, where I threw my heels on the side, god that felt good and collapse in his bed. One thing I love about his room is that he have his own bathroom. I stood up again to go to the bathroom and wash the make up from my face. Feeling like myself again as I lay down beside him.

"That was tiring" I said, hugging Garrett, placing my head on his chest. "Are you mad at me?" I asked, he looked at me then and smiled.

"Why would I be mad at you?" He asked wrapping an arm around me.

"Why are you so quiet today?" I asked, feeling his heartbeat.

"Told you I was th-"

"Tell me" I said, determine to know the answer.

"You know that feeling when you really really want something precious, fragile, and just beautifully made but you're afraid to pick it up because you might ruin it?" He answered slowly, every word hand pick.

"That's what I always feel everytime I go over mom's things" I replied, ever since that night at John's house 2 years ago, Garrett and I went to different levels. Since then we always tell each other everything.

"What do you do? Leave them alone and continue to admire from afar or pick them up?" He asked.

"I always pick what I want, but always careful. If I feel like I'm gonna ruin it then I stop playing with it."

"What if your intention is to love, not to just play around" he replied fast.

"Then why are you afraid of ruining it? If you really love something then you won't let anything happen to it."

"Mistakes do happen" he replied, pulling me closer to him.

"That's how we learn Gary" I replied as I buried my face in his chest closing my eyes.

"Nikey..." "Hmm?"

"I like you do you like me?" He asked, I chuckled as I shook my head.

"I love you Gary, I feel kinda insulted that you don't" I joked as I look up at him and smile. He kissed my forehead and reach for his phone that was ringing.

"Jaime?" He answered the phone, my attention to him. I raised an eyebrow as I try my best to eavesdrop. I felt a lump on my stomach as he listened to another line. Garrett looking at me every now and then to give me a smile.
"I'm sorry, but I don't have extra rooms and I think my family would mind, but if you really want to uhm stay here in Arizona maybe I can find you a hotel?" He answered after a long break. So the girl is asking for his company? I can feel my brows collide as he chuckled. After the phone call, I pulled away from our position to seat.

"So who's Jaime?" I asked, leaning on the headboard, crossing my arms on my chest, while I raised my eyebrow.

"Someone I met while touring..."

"Someone....you uhm like??" I asked now, biting my lower lip, I don't know what I'm feeling but the lump on my stomach went heavier.

"She likes me" he said, voice teasing I rolled my eyes as I lay down again, not hugging him this time. He chuckled as he hug me, crushing me into his arms, so I can hug back, and when I did he let me breath.

"Are you trying to kill me so Jaime could take my pla- I mean..." I said, realizing that I don't really have a place in Garrett's life except being his bestfriend, the lump went to my throat as well, making me uncomfortable.

"You'll be the only one" he answered kissing the top of my head, as the lump on my throat deflates. I rested my head on his chest as I count his heart beating. My eyes heavy, and not so long I was sleeping.

"Nike?" "Hmmm"

"Look at me..." He asked, I did, his face was so close to mine and his hand touched my cheek, as his lips found mine. Garrett kissed me, unlike Nate, Garrett's kissed was full of care and awareness, he just hold me. And kissed me, he didn't even put his tongue on my mouth he just kissed me, holding me like I'm the last piece of diamond on earth, making our bodies heat up and into the moment. I have never imagine it being like this. Although Garrett and I caught ourselves almost kissing each other it didn't happen until now, his lips were soft and I feel safe from the kiss, from his hug, he makes me feel safe and I trust him.

After what seem to be forever, our lips parted, and he chuckled. As I feel my face heat up. "I wanted to do that 2 years now just so you know" he said as I buried my face into his chest, closing my eyes, as the my heart beat faster and the butterflies find its way to get out of my system. " Me too" I replied one more time as someone knock on his door once, then twice and that's when I realize I was dreaming. The dream left tears in my eye as Garrett drag himself off the bed to open his door. The dream gave me a weird feeling, making me wonder why am I crying, I buried my face on his pillow galloping his scent while I feel his weight on the bed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! I'll be working on the 8th chapter.

Comments? Suggestions?

I hope you're liking the story, I kind of suck with all these story telling but I'm trying. Thank you for reading.