Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

meeting in the dark

My eyes widened as I saw him appear in the outline of the forest. His breath was slightly ragged, he was shirtless and a fine layer of sweat had made its way over his forehead. His eyes was closed as he inhaled deeply, a huge smile made its way onto his face as he inhaled and slowly he opened his eyes to find mine.

I made myself breathe slowly as I saw a look of sheer relief cross his features, before his face became one of pure happiness. He quickly walked over to me as I slowly unfroze and stood in a more comfortable position.

“I didn’t think you would actually still be here…” his voice sounded breathless and happy, like no one could hurt him right about now. I chuckled lightly at him.

“If it wasn’t for me being so tired and falling asleep, I actually wouldn’t have been here…” a slight worry edged its way onto his features.

“Why are you so tired you’re falling asleep on the beach? Are you working yourself too hard? Is there anything I can do?” I bit my lip gently as I looked down, I could feel the light blush working its way across my cheeks.

“Actually I was freaking nervous about all of this.. so I didn’t get much sleep last night.. I guess it caught up with me a bit sooner than expected.” I sneaked a glance at him as he smiled warmly at me. He was playing with his hands and we were both quiet for a while.

“Did you know? That it was me that is. Did you know I was your secret admirer?” I inhaled deeply calming myself down as I looked up at him fully again.

“Not at first, the hand writing and language use threw me off. I think it was near the end I really realized it was you. I couldn’t figure out if it was a good thing or not…” I let my sentence trail off as he looked at me with the softest look I think I have ever seen on him.

His right hand slowly reached up and cupped my face as he stroked my cheek with his thumb. He stepped a bit closer, I could feel the warmth radiating off of him. He removed his hand from my face to take both of my hands in his, kissing the back of them both gently.

“I guess I don’t have to tell you why I did it or just what I’m hoping you’ll finally agree on..” his voice was quiet, hopeful but with a clear sign of sadness in his every word.

“I know Paul…. And I think I have a finale answer for you..” his eyes slowly closed as he inhaled sharply. I could feel my own breath come out a bit shaky. Here goes nothing.

“I… I’m…” my words was coming out stuttering as a deep blush formed across my cheeks and nose. Paul slowly opened his eyes and smiled encouragingly at me as he slowly stroked my arms with his hands. I inhaled deeply.

“I need to know one thing first… and if you lie to me, I’ll walk away and if not…” my sentence trailed off as Paul slowly nodded his head in understanding. He slowly removed his hands from my arms and stuffed them in his pockets as he stepped half a step backwards.

“What is it you want to know?” I looked at his face. Fear, hope, sadness, happiness and a lot of other emotions flashed through his eyes, before he inhaled deeply and settled on nervous.

“Why were you two hours late tonight? If this is as important to you as you make it out to be, than why weren’t you here earlier?” his eyes snapped to mine, slightly widened as a thoughtful look took over his features. He grumbled some things under his breath, before sighing.

“Are you sure you’re ready to know?” he looked at me concerned and with other emotions I couldn’t decipher in time. I nodded my head firmly at him. I wanted the truth this time around.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU FOR READING! :D

what's this another update so fast? yeah I'm surprised too xD

FAIR WARNING with the beginning of a 60 hour project do in december, other assignments, vans warped tour uk and all the other time consuming things I'm doing right now. It'll probably be at least two weeks before I can update again - please don't kill me.

Also how come chapter 9 has half the readers of chapter 10? weird.. Oh and I just realised I have 6 recommendations for this.. O.O THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH! *Jumping around doing happy dance*

Lots and lots of love, chocolate chip cookies and all that good stuff for atbarber - Miranda meanie Pants - CecileJ - mags1223 - XxguttabitchxX and suzie-101.