Status: Active

Falling for a Captain

Present

"Hurry up! We're going to be late Liz!" I shouted from the entrance way of our dorm, hoping my constant nagging would somehow encourage her to get changed quicker.
"Calm down please Miss Avery Stephanie Banks! I need to make sure he'll notice me and I can't concentrate with your yelling in my ear!" she retorted. I rolled my eyes and started tapping my foot anxiously against the door. Realizing Liz wasn't going to magically appear completely dressed and ready to go in the next two seconds, I let my mind wander to the last couple months. I had finally finished up my undergraduate degree in Science at UBC and was accepted into the Pritzker School of Medicine, a division of the University of Chicago. My family was sad to see me leave Vancouver, but were beaming with pride that I had been accepted into an elite US medical school. Packing up my belongings, I headed out of Canada and headed South. I had arrived yesterday and I had spent all of today unpacking and getting to know my roommate for the next four years, Liz. We had gotten along quite well considering she was quite a 'party-er' and I was er.. more focused on med school. She was good for me though. She made sure I loosened up every once in a while and I kept her on track at art school.
Liz finally burst through her bedroom doors completely dressed, make up down and ready to go. Finally. We ran out of the door hoping we wouldn't be late to our first Blackhawks Game.

.........................

The atmosphere at the United Centre was breath-taking. I had never been to a NHL game in Vancouver just because of the price. Liz was able to get us seats right beside the penalty boxes in the first row. Incredible. I constantly offered to pay her back while the boys completed their warm up but she kept on insisted that they hadn't cost her a penny. I let it drop, but making a mental note to get her a nice present on the weekend. Following the anthem, we settled down into our seats, ready to watch our boys in action.
The game remained scoreless until the dying seconds of the second period when the famous number 19 hurled a puck over the goalie's shoulder. The crowd erupted chanting his name. The boys came to celebrate right in front of us, coming together in a huddle. I caught the captains' eye as he skated over. A look of disbelief turned into a confused face. Before I could wave or smile, his teammates pulled him in for a celebratory hug for his goal. He had definitely recognized me. Hawkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short today sorry! I know this took me a really long time to write... Sorry! I'll post the other part of the chapter later this week! :) <3