Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

Welcome To My Life

I was in complete silence, just like any other day in this house hold. I stayed in my room of course. The sound of glass shattering reached my ears, echoing thoroughout the house. A sigh escaped my lips, knowing my mother has come home from her job. I stood to my feet, exiting out my bedroom door, hearing the sound of glass bottles clashing together as I walked down the hallway.

"Mom, I heard something bre-"

"Damnit!" I entered the kitchen, seeing my Mother examing the glass that had punctured her barefoot, breaking the skin, blood escaping the wound. I winced at the sight.

"Mom, you need to be more careful." I started to retrieve the glass from the ground, making sure not to cut myself in the process.

"And you need to leave me be!" She hissed at me. I sighed, disposing the pieces of glass into the trash. She snatched the vodka bottle from the counter, turning the cap open, taking a swing of the bitter drink. I didn't even have to try it, my throat was burning at the mere sight of it.

"Mom, can you lay off that stuff for alittle while?" She looked at me, a lump formed in my throat.

"Why don't you leave me alone!? You little brat!" She swung the half empty bottle at me, but, she missed, hitting the wall beside me instead. I watched as the glass of the bottle hit the wall, shattering into millions of pieces. I didn't even bother looking at my mom, running upstairs to my room, not even caring if my mom was going to step on anymore glass. I slammed my door shut behind me, scanning my room, until my eyes caught the sight of my old lugagge. I threw it on top of my bed, opening it up. I packed everything, zipping it up as soon as I was done.

I had to leave soon anyway, or unless I wanted to get murdered by my own mom. I'll leave tomorrow, since it will be my birthday, turning eighteen meaning I can live on my own. I smiled to myself at the thought of freedom, finally away from this hell hole. I placed the packed suitcase underneath my bed, making it unnoticeable, knowing I would be dead meat if my mom found it.

I looked outside my window, seeing it was already dark, the moon and stars shined brightly in the midnight sky. I changed out of my clothes, replacing them with sweatpants. I climbed into bed, closing my eyes, slowly planning my way of escape for tomorrow.