Just Give Up

21

Zayn's POV


I smirked at the surprised expression on her face. She didn't say a thing except staring me down with her beautiful green eyes. In complete silence, we were sharing a conversation through our eyes.

Serious?

Dead serious.

Are you sure?

"Just go get dressed, love!" I replied out loud, pulling her out of her bed.

"Nooooooo..." Renee moaned, weighing herself down as I helped her up onto her feet.

"Yesssss," I replied.

Tired of pulling her, I thought up another way to get her to move. I grinned, lifting her up by her waist, running into her walk-in closet. She's shocked at first, unable to talk or move. After, she laughs as I set her down on her feet for the second time. She sticks her tongue out at me as I close the door behind me as I leave her alone.

"Don't make this difficult, love!" I yell through the door, leaning against it.

I can hear Renee fumbling on the other side, banging on the door and the sound of the door knob being twisted. The door jerks forward but closes shut right after, due to the pressure I add on it. Renee yells a few incoherent words at me, they come out muffled so I have no idea whatsoever of what she said.

"Come again?" I teased, drumming my fingertips against the door.

"Let me out, Zayn!" She grumbled, banging on the door.

"And what if I don't?"

"I won't go out for brunch with you." I could only imagine the smirk on her face as she said this.

"You won't go what with me?" I played dumb, dragging the conversation on.

"Out. I won't go out to eat brunch with you."

"That's fine," I lied, crossing my arms. "I wasn't that hungry anyways." I looked down at my watch, reading the time. 10:23 AM

I heard the noise on the other side go faint. No movement. No knocking. No yelling. What the heck? I waited, taking a step away from the door. I begin to hear noises again, one coming from a dresser drawer squeaking as it got pulled open, and squeaking as it got shoved back closed. I shook my head, imagining what Renee's outfit would be next.

Jeans and a off-the-shoulder top like before? Or something more casual, like shorts and a flowing top? I heard a knock a moment later, followed by a soft voice. I'm Ready!

"You can stop barricading the door now," She joked and I stepped to the side as she revealed herself.

My second guess had been right. Dressed down casually in a pair of jean shorts and a green top, she looked ready for a normal day, not something fancy like most girls would have worn. I guess she noticed the way how I was looking at her because a moment later and my thoughts were interrupted by her voice.

"Do I look okay?" She asked, looking down at herself with a frown.

I raised my eyebrows in reply. Was this really happening?

Renee Colton, rebel daughter of Wade Colton, famous entrepreneur throughout Europe, and one of the most influential people in London, was asking me if she looked okay? I smirked, shaking my head at the same time. This was too good to be true.

Not bothering to be discreet, my eyes wandered around her body, starting from her legs up. She looked perfectly fine in my eyes. If not, gorgeous. But I kept that thought to myself, biting my lip dramatically as I "thought" of what to say. Her last sentence kept on repeating inside my mind. Before I knew it, Eric Clapton's song's lyrics began to play in my head.

It's late in the evening
She's wonderin' what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up
And brushes her long blond hair

And then she asks me, says: "Do I look all right?"
And I say yes girl, you look wonderful tonight


I heard a loud cough, causing me to look back up into her eyes. I blushed, looking down at the floor. Calm down, Zayn. I smiled after our eyes met up again, hers filled with curiosity and confusion.

"Well?" She asked in an impatient voice, her arms crossed.

"You look fine, Renee." I grabbed her hand in mine, pulling her into my arms, facing her Vanity mirror.

"In front of me right now, is the most strongest, most beautiful, most rebellious girl I've ever known. But at the same time, another girl is standing in front of me." I paused, listening to her breaths as they began to speed up, becoming more shallow.

I was making her nervous.

I squeezed her hand lightly for reassurance, but still, she made no noise. Instead, she waited for me to continue my sentence, which I did soon after. "This girl is flawless, stunningly smart, brave-but at the same time fragile, vulnerable. Almost like glass."

I watched her cheeks turned red as I said this. "Beautiful to see, easy to break."

I whipped her around, using the same hand I held in my own. We were chest to chest, with me looking down at her. Her eyes were wide with surprise. And leaned down to peck her on the nose. "Which was why I was hired to protect you. And to love you. Shall we go now?"

Still unable to speak, I led her out of the Colton Mansion, to my car. She didn't object to anything like most times, and I knew for the first time that I had completely caught her off guard.

I, Zayn Malik, former singer of One Direction, caught Renee Colton the rebel child off guard.

Today was going to be so much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the terrible wait for this update, and for the fact that it's one of the most shortest chapters in the story. Don't worry, the next few chapters will be even longer, I promise. This is just a way for me to get back used to writing. I've been lazy, and struggled through a writer's block. I've been procrastinating to update since Sunday, but I really wanted to post today because it's been awhile. My main proirity right now is to update JGU and All The Same Mistakes, my other stories will be updated at a later time. Again, I apologize for the wait.
PS, School ends for me in 19 days! So by then, I'll have a lot more free time to write.
PPS. My birthday is on 06/02! AHHHH! :$
PPPS. I was psyched to watch The boys' 1st Summer Concert [throught Twitcam ofcourse]!

Much love, Elle.

Image

Disclaimer; the gif not mine!