All The Same Mistakes

Is There Somebody Else On Your Mind?

Harry's POV

As soon as we reached the McDonalds' spot, I'm attacked by none other than Lacey's older sister, Angie, was it? No. Anna. No wait-Angel!

"OH MY GOD, HARRY! IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" She practically yells in my ear, leaning in for a hug.

Not knowing any other way to respond, I hug her back. I can feel four pairs of eyes burning holes in my back as I do this. Feeling quite awkward, I unwrap my arms around her a moment later. "Hi?" I said in a confused voice.

I feel something letting go of my hand. Turns out, It was Lacey's. I had forgotten the fact that we had been holding hands for the past few minutes. I watch her trudge away, then doing some kind of wave, signaling the boys to follow suite.

I want to run and catch up to them, but I didn't want to leave her sister alone and look like a jerk.

"How have you been?" I hear her say, pulling me back into reality.

I wanted to end the conversation as soon as possible. But how? "I'm great." I replied unhappily.

I take a step to the right and peer around her at everyone else, but when I do this, she takes a step as well. In my head, I see an image of myself forming with a caption that says Harry is not amused. Thanks to Google images.

"How's life as a famous singer now?" She's practically bouncing on her toes with excitement. "Oh wait. Don't answer that, it's quite obvious. Amazing, isn't it?" She continued.

I was beginning to zone out as her voice droned on. I needed something to keep me awake. Instead, I looked down at the sand as if it were the most amazing thing in the world. No matter what I did, I could still hear bits and pieces of her sentences.
Follow me, Twitter, Can't believe its been two years, catch up, photo together, girlfriend?.

"Angela, it's great to see you again and all." I interrupted her with a sigh. "But I have to get back to my friends. We'll talk another time, alright?" I smiled at her as I walked on, finally escaping.

"Excuse me, But my name is not Angela. It's Angel!" I heard her call after me in a pissed off voice.

I take my time walking over to them. They're setting up for a game of volleyball. Liam and Louis are setting up the nets while Lacey and Katelyn are tying their hair up. Zayn and Niall are hitting the ball around and I laugh as Niall dives for the ball.

"Mind if I join in?" I asked.

"I don't know, can you?" Katelyn answers.

"You seemed to have been having a lovely 'ole conversation with-" Niall adds but Zayn cuts him off.

"'Excuse me, But my name is not Angela. It's Angel!'" Liam and Louis snicker in reply, finally finished setting the net up.

I look over to Lacey and she just rolls her eyes in my direction. What did I do now?

"The teams will be uneven if you play, I'll just sit out." She suggests, plopping herself down on a beach towel in the corner.

"No, never mind then. I'll just watch." I take a step back as a sign of resignation.

Lacey shakes her head, not getting up from the ground. "You play."

"No, you play."

"I don't want to."

"I don't want to either, you play. You were going to play originally!" I insisted.

"But you want to play! You do it instead-"

"I don't feel like it anymore." I talked over her.

She gives me another glare before getting up off the ground muttering incoherent words. I watched as they huddled around each other, discussing the teams. After five minutes, they finally break away. Turns out, the girls didn't end up on the same team. Instead, it's Katelyn, Louis and Niall. Of course. I thought to myself with a smirk.

On the other team is Lacey, Zayn and Liam. I watched as they formed a triangle formation. Zayn at the left corner, Liam at front and Lacey is the server.

"Serving!" She calls out and I watch as the ball flies over the net in a perfect arch.

It lands in Niall's corner and he hits it back, barely getting over the net. Liam spikes the ball but Katelyn manages to keep it up. My eyes dart back and fourth each play. It's a tie, 3-3. The game only ends when Louis bumps the ball and Lacey dives for it. She miscalculates and I watch as the ball lands several feet away from where she had landed on the sand.

"Ahh!" She yelled.

In a split second, I'm up and running to her direction. When I reach her, she's busy moaning, holding her right ankle. Lacey doesn't notice me as I near her, lifting her hand off of it so I can examine it. I poke it experimentally and she winces.

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" I asked and she shakes her head in reply.

"Ow-ow-ow Not th-OW!" She pushes me off of her, glaring at me again.

"Vas happening?" I hear Zayn call out in the distance, and I shoot one of my own glares at him.

He raises his hands up in defense. Sorry. He mouths while walking to us like everyone else.

"Move out of the way! I'm a nurse!" Mrs. McDonalds said, rushing over.

She practically plows me over, a first-aid kit in hand.

"Mom, stop it. You're overreacting." Lacey whimpers as her mother examined her leg the same way I did.

Except she doesn't kick or push her away like she did with me.

"Mom, I just sprained it. I'll be alright."

Mrs. McDonalds completely ignores her. "Angela, get me a pack of ice from the cooler!"

Angela trudges over rolling her eyes as she hands it over.

Their mother carefully places the pack of ice down and Lacey practically jumps up from the cold. Kate on her side pats her back soothingly. Mrs. McDonalds continues to tend her leg, lifting the pack and settling it down again.

"Mom," Lacey began in an exasperated voice, "I think I can do this myself."

"Sure you can." Mrs. McDonalds replies. "But enough Volleyball for you. I can tell you've sprained that very badly. Here, why don't you come over and sit on the towel?"

It's a struggle to lift Lacey up off the ground and guide her there. I jump in, taking Lacey's mom's side, Wrapping her arm around my shoulder. She doesn't pull back like I had expected but instead, does a death grip around my neck. I try to act like nothing's wrong, but failing miserably. Limping another few feet, we carefully place Lacey down.

"Thanks." Lacey mumbles, playing around with the ice pack.

We all crowd around her, wondering what to do next. No one was in the mood to play volleyball anymore. The sun was fading too. I looked down at my watch, 5:42 PM I read.

It wouldn't be long until Paul called to tell us to meet them at the main road for the long ride back to the hotel.

Zayn coughs, breaking the silence. "What do we do now?"

"Well we obviously can't play volleyball anymore." Liam points out.

"No running either." Louis adds with a cheeky smile.

Perfect. We're all caught in an uncomfortable silence, again. I look around me, giving the boys each a confused face. Zayn smirks at me mouthing She's pissed. Louis doesn't look up, probably texting Eleanor. Liam just stares blank at me. Niall's mouthing words back but I can't read his lips. He gives up, waving me off and mouths the only words I could understand, I'll tell you later.

"The foods ready, everyone!" Mr. McDonald says like a miracle.

None of us make a move to go. I could see in Niall's eyes that he was trying to resist the urge to be first. I turn to look back at Lacey, everyone else was as well. It was as if she were nominated as the group's leader.

"What are you all waiting for? Go eat!" She says after looking up to seeing us all staring back at her.

I hang back, letting everyone go first, leaving us the only two sitting down.

"What are you still doing here?" She asked.

"I'm not hungry." I lied, playing with the hem of my shirt. "Do you want me to get you anything?" I asked her, but she shakes her head.

Not wanting to end the conversation, I switch topics. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." She scoffs, "Why would I be mad?"

"You've been ignoring me." I answered plainly. "I try to check your leg awhile ago, and you walked away. When I helped you up, you nearly chocked me to death. Did I mention the fact that if looks could kill, I'd probably be dead five times by now?" I ended up ranting.

Lacey arches her eyebrows. In surprise? In awe? I couldn't tell the difference. But either than that, her face was unreadable. She turned back, watching while everyone else was getting their food. "

You seemed to be enjoying my sister's company." She muttered.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. Did she think I liked her sister? Dear lord, help me. "Frankly, I wasn't. I couldn't get away."

I ended up telling her about the one-sided conversation, she laughs at all the right parts and I ended up smiling. By the time everyone was back, we were dying of laughter.

And frankly, her laughter was like music to my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)