Status: Active

Another World

Feelings

"Morning sunshine!" I greeted Valarie as soon as she joined me on the couch in the living room.

"It's so early, how the hell are you already happy?"

"After meeting and having a dinner with an amazing guy, it's hard not to be."

Val laughed, rolling her eyes as she looked to the boxes scattered everywhere. "Oh God, are you still going on about that? I figured talking about it all last night would be enough."

"Hey, be nice! You know you can't stop thinking about Zayn either."

"I don't like him!" She threw her hands in the air, definitely having enough of my banter. I'd been constantly pestering her ever since we had gotten home from the restaurant.

"Oh come on I saw the constant struggle you had trying not to flirt back. You like him and you're feeling guilty about it. But to be fair, you have done nothing wrong."

"But I don't like him! And l know I did nothing wrong but I definitely would not like Jason having dinner with another girl so I feel like I shouldn't have gone."

"We had no food, you had to eat something, right?" I tried to reason. "If you ask me I don't even see the point in dating someone in another country."

"Kate!" Val yelled at me as I sipped my coffee.

"I'm sorry but it's true! It's not like he's moving out here with us."

"I know that but I can't just dump my boyfriend."

"It's not like you're married to the guy!"

"I can't just throw it all away just like that, okay?"

"Fine, have it your way. I bought some coffee for you. It's in the kitchen."

"Thanks." She mumbled before getting up to get it.

I sighed at her mindless behavior before my mood was lifted by a ton. My phone lighting up with a text from Harry.

As soon as I read the invitation to breakfast, I did my happy dance. Practically twirling to my room.

"Where are you going?" Valarie asked as I hunted for something to wear; standing in the doorway as she watched me jump from one box to the next. Because picking an outfit weren't hard enough, I now had to sift through everything that was packed away to find something decent.

"Just to breakfast. Harry invited me, he's picking me up in a few."

"Already? Seems like someone also has the love bug."

"Hey!" I whined, throwing a nearby shoe at her. "You shouldn't be the one to talk. When you and Jason started dating I had to endure you two making googly eyes all night, remember? Cut me some slack. I'm excited."

"Yeah, yeah. Need help? You have a lot of shit laying around."

"Please!" I practically begged, considering the pair of jeans I held in my hand.

"What about this? It's casual but it also says, 'wouldn't you love a third date with me?'"

I let out a laugh at her attempt of banter. She was never really one to sit and talk about boys and what to wear on a date. Her style was more cool and collected. Unlike me who could just go on and on about a boy I had just met. What could I say? I was a hopeless romantic.

"That's actually perfect, thank you." I accept the piece of clothing from her hand. Grateful for her to even bother helping me. "Do you want to come? I know you haven't had anything to eat and we still have no food-"

"No way. Definitely not being third wheel. Besides I know I'll just have to endure a morning full of googly eyes." She mocked me, making me throw a second shoe at her as I laughed.

****

"I'm so nervous for my first day of work tomorrow." I admitted after finishing the deliciousness that was known as waffles.

"Where do you work at?" Harry asked, wiping his mouth with the napkin provided.

"Journalist at a magazine. It's a really exciting job, I'll get to interview all kinds of musicians."

"Really now? That sounds pretty exciting."

"It is! It's actually my dream to be a renown journalist for some big shot magazine. Hopefully this job will get me started on the right path, you know?" I slapped a hand on my mouth much to Harry's amusement. "I'm sorry, I'm boring you, aren't I? I'm here going on and on about work, let's talk about you. What do you do for a living?"

"It's okay, Kate. You're excited, I get it. I love hearing about you, I honestly don't mind listening."

I felt the blush on my cheeks as I gathered the hair out of my eyes; pushing it behind my ear as I gave him a shy smile. "No, I'd rather much like to know about you. Enough of me."

"Well I'm a musician. I sing in a group." He shrugged.

"What? You mean you're not a model?" I feigned shock. Though maybe I was just a bit. Seriously, the guy looked like he stepped right out of a photo-shoot for the past two days I've known him. "Have I ever heard of you guys?"

"Maybe. If you're into that sort of music."

"And what music might that be?"

"Pop."

"Mmm, yeah I'm not really a fan. I mean sure I like the occasional Britney Spears song but I find myself leaning more towards the indie side."

"No, no I definitely agree with you there. I'm into musicians like Pink Floyd, Presley, The Beatles, John Mayer, that sort of thing."

"Oh my, I think I may like you even more, Styles." I teased, sipping on the glass of water in front of me.

"Then I'm doing something right." He winked, making my cheeks flush again. I cleared my throat at the awkwardness I felt myself driving the situation into.

"Are you enjoying London so far?" Harry smoothly broke the ice beginning to form. I didn't know what was it about me that made me so damn awkward. Once I was complimented, or flirted with, it was like I suddenly lost my power to speak. And if you let me, I could sit in silence the rest of the night, not knowing what to talk about next.

"Very much. Though I must admit someone has played a bit of a role in that."

"Are you referring to me? Because I must say I'm quite flattered, Evans."

I giggled, his dimples making an appearance that seemed awfully adorable on his baby face. It was the way his bright emerald eyes captured your attention that could leave one speechless.

Honestly, was it even normal to bump into such a person on the street? Especially on your first day in a foreign country? Surely there had to be some kind of magic, luck or even fate involved.

*****

Laughter could be heard in the kitchen as we entered the apartment, though it puzzled me on who else would be here. We had no friends after all.

"Hello?" I called out, walking into the kitchen to see Zayn and Valarie sharing a meal at the table.

I raised an eyebrow in surprise at the image ahead, smirking just in time to spot a blushing Val as she avoided my gaze.

"Did we interrupt something?" Harry mocked, the goofy grin on his face inexplicably adorable. Almost childlike.

"We were just having some food." Valarie responded before getting up to clear the table. Zayn shooting Harry a displeased look.

"Please, do not let us get in your way. We'll be in the living room." I said excusing ourselves. Taking the noted hint of our unwanted presence.

"He's so smitten with her." Harry laughed as he sat down on the couch.

"Oh, definitely."

"Kate?" Val called out, stepping out of the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

I nodded as I followed her into the room, sitting myself on the bed as she closed the door. "What's up?"

"I feel so guilty!"

"Why? Cause you're sharing a meal with lover boy?"

"Yes! But it isn't my fault! He called me asking if I would like to grab a bite and I said no because I was cleaning but he insisted on coming over with food instead. I couldn't say no twice!"

"Valarie, calm down. You haven't done anything you can't tell Jason about, Zayn is just a friend, right?"

"Right."

"Okay so relax. Talk to Jason later and you'll feel better. As for now, I'd like to get back to the cutie sitting on our couch."

She smiled. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry I'm being so paranoid. You go enjoy yourself."

"You bet I will. Don't worry, alright? You'll figure it out." I said giving her a hug before heading out. I'd been separated from him a minute and I was already anxious for his company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please comment and let us know what you think. Thank you all for reading!

-Kayla xx