Status: Active

Another World

First Day

"Good morning" Valarie greeted me as I walked into the kitchen and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks" I said taking a sip.

"Ready for your first day of work?" She asked leaning on the counter.

I shook my head. "Not at all! I'm so nervous, I don't know anybody"

"Same here. But I think we'll fit in. We've seemed to fit in just well with London" She said winking.

I chuckled. "Oh boy, I hope so. Nice shoes" We both looked down, laughing. "Great minds think alike"

Making more small talk I glanced at my watch and noticed it was time to go. I said a quick goodbye, grabbed my purse and headed out the door. As I headed out the building I glanced down at my phone scrolling through my messages. 

"Looking for a ride?" A voice called out.

I looked up to see Harry leaning on his car door, making me stop dead in my tracks.  

"Hi" He said with a shy smile.

"Hi" 

"Want a ride to work?" 

"It would beat taking the bus" I smiled.

He opened the car door for me before heading off to the driver side. I really have to get used to sitting on this side of the car, America is so different from here.

"This was a nice surprise" I said turning to Harry as we pulled up at my job.

"I knew you'd be nervous so I thought I'd drive you to work. If you want I could walk you in, as I told you before I have some....connections at the office"

"Why of course I'd love for you to walk me inside Mr. Styles" I teased.

Walking inside the building next to Harry really felt better than walking alone, and it seemed to be a big surprise for everyone to see Harry. 

"Why is everyone looking at us?" I whispered to him.

"I'm quite known here" He said giving me a sly smile.

I looked at him quizzically before noticing my boss standing outside his office. We walked up to him and he too seemed surprised to see the fine gentleman at my side.

"Good morning Mr. Grey, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for my first day" I said shaking his hand. His gray eyes burned into mine making me feel a little uneasy. He had such a powering affect on me.

"All the same Miss. Evans. Mr. Styles it's quite a pleasant surprise to see you here this morning. What brings you here?"

"Uh, actually I'm here to drop Kate off for her first day of work. Thought I'd say hello while I was at it"

Mr. Grey's eyes widened a little as he looked to me. "You know Harry? Quite impressive for your first week in London. He's one of our fine stories here at Sugarscape"

Again I was at a lost. What was the big deal about Harry? Why is he so damn famous here? What stories could be told about him?

"Uh yeah I guess I was just lucky enough to run into him" I stuttered. 

"Well your office is right over there." He directed with his finger. "I hope everything is in order, your first assignment will be brought over to you shortly. Styles" He nodded before heading into his office.

"Talk about intimidating" I muttered.

"You find Christian intimidating?"

"Yes! He's...creepy? I don't know, he's so dominant"

Harry laughed. "Don't worry about it, he'll loosen up around you and you'll see that he's just a normal guy. Now I have to go but I wish you the best of luck"

"Thank you again, for the ride and walking me here. I owe you" I smiled up at him. He really is gorgeous.

"No problem Kate. Anytime" He hugged me, left me a kiss on the cheek and was on his way. 

Making my way over to my office, I really liked the sound of that, I noticed a couple of stares and murmurs. I guess Harry really did have a powering affect in this office. 

On my desk was a plaque that had my name engraved on it. I smiled, this really was exciting. I also noticed my first assignment already laid out. 

Interview of One Direction It read on top. I looked down at it confused, who the hell was One Direction? Sighing I took my place on the chair and began to sort through all of the other assignments I had. I decided on working on the others, the interview would require research, I could do that at home.

****

I looked up from my work as my phone began to ring. 

"Hello, Kate Evans speaking" I answered.

"Why hello Ms. Evans. This is Harry Styles asking your permission for lunch this afternoon. If you already haven't had any"

I looked up at the time on my computer screen. "Holy shit it's already three!? I've been so caught up I didn't even notice. I'd love to get lunch" I smiled.

"Great. I'll be there in ten?" 

"Sounds good. Bye"

"Good bye" 

I hung up and began to clean up the mess of papers I had. It was only my first day and I already felt a little overwhelmed, in good way I suppose. I grabbed my purse and headed to Grey's office to notify him I was heading out for lunch.

"That is fine Ms. Evans. I take it you've read your first assignment?" He said with a smile.

"Yes, yes I have"

"I can only imagine how ironic it must be. I guess it will just make it all the easier, besides you'll get the backstage stories considering your connections"

Connections? What connections? This man has been very confusing today. "Um, yes I suppose. I'll be going now, thank you Mr. Grey" I muttered before leaving the building and finding Harry waiting outside. As soon as he spotted me he began to smile that beautiful, cheeky smile.

"Good afternoon" I greeted walking up to him.

"Good afternoon" He bowed mockingly.

I giggled. "Aren't you funny?" I teased.

"I like to think so. Shall we go?" He asked offering me his arm.

"We shall" I said looping my arm around his. "Are we walking?" I asked.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind. I wanted to take you to this place my friends and I love. It's walking distance"

"That sounds great"

We stopped in front of a cute little store called 'Milkshake City'. "This place has quite a charm" I said looking around. As I did I noticed a wall of pictures, some of which included other guys....and Harry? And Zayn?! "They have your pictures on the wall?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah, I'm one of their top customers you can say" 

I rolled my eyes. "I don't even want to know how many times you've had to come here in order to be their top customer"

"Harry!" A man called from behind a counter. Immediately everyone on line turned their heads to us.

"Hey Yianni" Harry called out. 

"And who's this?" Yianni asked as he made his way to us. 

"This is Kate. She's new to London"

"Well hello Kate. I hope I get to see you around here more often" He beamed.

I smiled. "Well let's hope so. I'm looking forward to trying something delicious"

"Whatever you try, I guarantee you'll love it" He smiled before going back to the counter.

"Pick whatever you like. My treat" Harry said looking down at me.

"I'd rather pay, you already drove me to work"

"A gentleman always pays" 

I sighed. "I'll pay you back somehow. What do you recommend?" I asked scanning the menu.

"I'm a fan of the One Direction shake" He said smiling at his own private joke.

"One Direction?" My eyes widened. "Harry I'm interviewing them! Oh my God are they that famous?" I beamed looking up at him.

He looked at me a little horrified. "You....you're what?"

"I'm interviewing them" I said a little quieter. Why was he so shocked about this?

He seemed to recover from his shock after a moment. "That's great! I hear they're very handsome" He said smiling privately again.

"Well let's hope they are" I playfully nudged him. "I have to do some research on them later, then make a list of what to ask them"

"Well that interview should be very interesting Kate" He sighed as he put his arm around me.

For some reason, I was starting to get a vibe that Harry Styles was keeping something from me. But what?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, I hope this long chapter made up for it. Thank you to those who've subscribed, commented and continued to read. Please, please, please continuing to comment, let us know what you think....it'll help motivate us to continue writing for you! :)

-Kayla xx