Magically I Turned Tragedy Into Melodies

We'll Make This Work

Image

That night at Jacky's house, me an all the guys had shown up on time for the movie night, except for Ryan who was out making a beer and snack run.

I sat on the sofa in between Ronnie and Jacky, my feet tucked underneath me and my head cuddled against Ronnie's chest who was in the middle of playing with my loose strands of hair when the door suddenly flung open, revealing Ryan with grocery bags filling his hands.

"I'll help you." I said, jumping up from my spot and grabbing a couple of bags that looked like they were about to rip and fall to the floor at any moment.

"Thanks Katelyn." Ryan smiled, walking towards the kitchen with me following close behind.I set them down on top of the counter, taking out the many cases of beer and various bags of chips.

"Here." He said, handing me two beers.I gladly took them and a tube of original Pringles chips in my grasp before heading back out to the living room with everyone else.

I saw Ronnie's face light up when I came into his sight, handing him the other beer then situating myself back on the sofa beside him, trying to regain my once comfortable spot that I was in moments ago.

"Thanks babe." He winked, draping his free arm around my neck and pulling me closer into his side while Ryan was knelt down on the floor attempting to put a movie in the DVD player.And finally after what felt like twenty minutes, he had got it to work.

The guys then all decided on watching the remake of 'Halloween' instead of my pick to watch my favorite movie 'The Lost Boys'.

"I hate this movie." I mumbled, taking a swig from my beer and pushing my bangs out of my eyes."Babe, is it because your scared?" Ronnie smirked, looking down at me.I huffed, shaking my head.I wasn't about to admit it to him but I was indeed terrified of Michael Myers.

"No, this movie is just boring to me that's all." I lied, scratching the back of my neck nervously.And I knew Ronnie could tell that I was full of shit too, because he proceeded to wrap his arms around my waist securely.

Needless to say I wasn't about to complain, I was pretty comfortable like this.

"I'll protect you from him Katelyn, don't worry." He whispered in my ear, causing shivers to run up and down my spine.I swallowed hard, trying my best to relax before cuddling into Ronnie's grip."You better, Ronald."

A few hours and five movies later, the bright green numbers on the clock above the t.v glowed 2:15 in the morning and the guys were already pretty drunk except for me and Ronnie.

"Katelyn do you wanna go sit out on the patio with me and have a smoke?" He asked, looking down at me.I yawned, stretching out my arms before getting up out of my seat on the couch and following him out to the backyard.

Ronnie then sat down on the loveseat, patting the spot beside him for me to take while he put a cigarette to his lips and began to light it.

"Are you cold?" He asked me, exhaling a large cloud of smoke.I shrugged but nodded yes.It was pretty cold out and the wind was only seeming to get stronger the longer we sat around.

I saw a light smile come to his face before he shifted to his left and pulled me into his arms."Better?" He smirked, taking in another long drag of the cig.I chuckled softly, smiling and shook my head."Yeah it is actually, thanks."

I was actually thankful that it was night out, because it helped me disguise the ever growing blush that insisted on coming to my face the more Ronnie smiled and held me closer to him.

He exhaled the smoke in another large cloud then rested his chin on top of my shoulder."Do you wanna know what would make this even more better?" He whispered huskily, his free hand inching closer to mine.

I took in a deep breath, feeling my pulse start to race and my heart start to pound out of my chest.I really was hoping he wasn't about to do what I think he was.

"What could that possibly be?" I said, turning in his arms so that I was face to face him.

I saw him give another one of his signature smirks before starting to lean in closer to me, our faces merely inches apart.

Until our lips met in a warm, soft, sweet kiss."That." He said, before meeting his lips with mine again and again until I noticed his cigarette drop to the ground.

"Oh oh oh! I saw that! Guys! Ronnie and Katelyn are making out!" Derek yelled from the backdoor, obviously very drunk.I quickly covered my face with my hands, feeling extremely embarrassed about being caught.

"Don't be so shy, they don't care trust me." Ronnie laughed, taking my hands away and holding onto them tightly.He was probably right, I'm sure the guys wouldn't even remember seeing us kiss in the morning anyways.

"I am too drunk to be standing.Ronald bring Katelyn inside this house once at now." Jacky slurred, the last few words of his sentence coming out entirely backwards, I couldn't stop myself from bursting out in a fit of giggles.

Ronnie then stood up, extending out his hand to help me up."Come on, I hope you don't mind sleeping over.I can drive you home in the morning." He said as we walked back into the house and towards Jacky's guest room.

"I don't mind, I just don't have anything to wear to bed." I groaned, I hated sleeping in my clothes especially jeans.

That's when I saw him pull his shirt from over his shoulders and hand it to me.It smelled like his cologne and cigarettes, making me smile."Thanks." I said before changing out of my clothes and into his shirt.

Once I finished I climbed into the bed beside him, his arms instantly wrapping around my waist and holding my body tightly against his."Goodnight Ronnie." I yawned, feeling my eyes start to slowly close.

"Goodnight Katelyn, I hope you know that you leave me breathless." He yawned before soon falling asleep after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is part 5 (: Thanks to everyone for being patient, I appreciate it greatly.As always feedback is welcomed and of course, also appreciated and if you have time also check out my new Vampires Everywhere story called 'October Rain'. Enjoy everyone! :)