The Correlation Between Salvation and Love

13.

Image


“See? Was that so bad?”

“Love, you didn’t have to bloody sit there and watch the broad question all your facts. She just likes you.”

“I don’t understand how you struggle with this language when your father speaks it fluently. Did he not speak it around you?” Sian looked over at Josh as they navigated through the halls, catching his smile at the mention of his father. Josh looked down to her, squeezing her hand lightly as they made their way to meet up with Max and everyone in the cafeteria. “I can speak it fine, I just like to give the broad trouble. And I only know enough to communicate basics.”

“So you’re a brat, then.”

“Conjunctions and sass? Who are ya and what have ya done with my Sian?”

Sian smirked, leaning up to kiss Josh quickly as they entered the cafeteria. She led the two of them over to their group of friends, ignoring Max’s whistle as they approached, “Finally, I see…”

“Oh hush you,” Sian blushed, allowing Josh to manhandle her into a seat next to him and as close to him as possible. She smiled as his arm fell around her waist, his hand resting on her hip almost possessively. Dan smirked over at her, nodding slowly, “I approve, whole heartedly.”

“Leave the lass alone,” Matt spoke up, giving Sian a knowing smile, “My girl is already going to hound her about it, as is Elissa. Let them do the teasin’ yeah?”

“Oi, Sian, what’s this I hear about you playing piano?” Chris spoke up from down the table, making Sian blush even deeper than their teasing had. Max jumped in to speak excitedly, nearly bouncing in his seat as he did, “She’s bloody fantastic at it is what she is! Matt and I heard her down at the shop we get our own instruments from in that old recital hall. If what she was playin’ was as sloppy as she claimed, well she’s a bloody Mozart then!”

“Hush!” Sian turned to hide her face in Josh’s arm, much to the table’s shared amusement. Josh laughed a bit at her as well, giving her hip a soft squeeze before he spoke again, “Nothin’ to be ashamed of love. Can play an instrument, that’s more than me at least…”

“Josh isn’t allowed to even touch my drums,” Dan nodded his head firmly, smirking over at Josh as Sian lifted her head to look at him, “I don’t want a thing to be hurt on ‘em.”

“Well, makes sense…”

“Oi! You’re my girl, you’re supposed to be on my side!”

“I am just teasing you, calm down Joshua,” Sian smirked, resting her head on his shoulder as he tightened his grip around her waist. They continued to chat idly with everyone at the table as lunch drug on. Sian relaxed into Josh’s arm that constantly as around her, not leaving her waist once during the entire lunch. As lunch came close to an end, they all began to pack up quickly and make their way towards the doors. Sian held Josh back, making him stop for a second as she adjusted her shoulder bag. She caught Frankie’s eye as she passed them by, noticing that Josh’s arm tightened around her once he realized Frankie was near.

"Come on then," Sian made Josh move along as the bell to signal the end of their lunch period rang out. She led him out of the cafeteria and down the halls, bypassing their lockers and classrooms to leave the building without an explanation. She led Josh out to Liam's waiting car, smiling at Josh as he fired off questions about what they were doing. Sliding gracefully into the car with Josh following her, Sian finally looked to him as Liam closed the door behind him, "I told you we were going to help you."

"Love..."

"I had Carmen call and excuse you and Liam call to excuse me for the rest of the day. We are covered at school. This time I am coming over to aid you in getting ready for this dinner, okay? I love your mess of hair but my Nana Abigail will have a heart attack so I shall help you tame it and dress how she expects. I will tell you what to say and I will be there for you, right by your side. I swear, all night I’m going to help you okay?"

"Sian, is she really that bad?"

"She is really that bad. We moved back this way to be closer at her insistence, really. She is the ruler of this family. She gets final say in everything that happens in our family. Relationships, living situations…everything, Josh," Sian paused, shaking her head as she crossed her arms and sighed deeply. Josh scooted closer to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close. She let her eyes fall closed as she rested her head on his shoulder, softly sighing again, "I just hate it. I hate this family. It is so hard to live with them and deal with them the way they are. I cannot wait to finish schooling so I can runaway back to America."

Josh tensed up at her last statement, but tried to relax and brush it off. Sian noticed however, turning to face him as his arm fell from around her shoulders, “I do not mean to sound that way, I am sorry. I just…they just frustrate me so immensely Josh. It is not that I cannot stand England. I love living here, actually. I just know the college I desire is in the United States and I still have citizenship there so I qualify no matter what for some schools.”

“Love, I get it. I just get worried. Don’t want to think about ya livin’ across the world…”

“I know. I know,” Sian shook her head, scooting closer to Josh and wrapping her arms around his waist as his arm returned to it’s place around her shoulders, “I just do not even want to think about it.”

“S’okay love. It’s gonna be alright.”

“I really do hope so Josh…”

Image


The week passed by in a haze of homework and Liam driving Josh home as well so that Sian could spend those twenty extra minutes with him. When it finally came upon Friday, Sian woke up with a feeling of dread already settling in. She rolled over out of bed with a heavy sigh, shuffling over to her closet quickly. She pulled out a simple outfit of a black knee-length skirt that hung to her ankles in the back and a soft tan cashmere sweater. Quickly, Sian showered and curled her hair, letting it hang loosely down her back. She changed into her outfit, throwing on her brown gladiator sandals in hopes that it would tone it down a bit while still pleasing her mother and grandmother.

Quietly, she made her way out of her room and down the stairs, only to be greeted by the sight of her grandmother standing there and waiting for her. She slowed her pace at the sight of Abigail, smiling politely at her as she did. Once she reached the bottom step, her training her mother had done her entire life set in and Sian curtsied deeply. She arose after a few seconds, smiling at her grandmother softly, “Nana Abigail, it is such a pleasure to see you this morning.”

“You as well Sian.” Abigail paused, looking Sian up and down as she nodded slowly, “What is this you are wearing?”

“My outfit? We are not required uniform so I have attempted to stay in social formalities while still being as ladylike as I can.”

“I approve. Your mother has taught you well!” Abigail smiled sourly at Sian, nodding at her once more as she pursed her lips, “See you at my family function tonight. Do not be late Sian.”

“I will see you at six sharp Nana Abigail.”

“Splendid. Good day dear,” Abigail brushed past without another glance, much to Sian’s relief. She made her way out the doors and to the car where Liam waited with a knowing smile. Sliding in, she pulled out her copy of Pride and Prejudice and started to read it to attempt to calm her nerves. She already had Liam and Carmen call out Josh and herself so that she could help him with etiquette for the day, but she was still a bundle of nerves. Liam pulled up to Josh’s house faster than Sian had expected and she moved quickly to put her book away as Josh climbed into the car. She greeted him with a soft and short kiss, ignoring Liam’s knowing gaze in the rearview mirror.

Liam took them across town to Elissa’s apartment, which Josh and Sian had access to all day while Elissa was at work and Nikita was in classes. Sian thanked Liam once they arrived, following Josh out of the car and into the apartment complex silently. She let Josh lead them up to the apartment, staying quiet until they got inside. She dropped her bag off to the side as they entered, making her way to the kitchen area to grab a quick drink of water. Josh noticed her nervous nature that he rarely got to see and took it upon himself to calm her down. He led her without words towards Elissa’s couch, hitting play on the stereo as he passed it by. John Mayer’s Continuum started up as Josh motioned for Sian to sit, Josh taking a seat next to her. Sian was the first to finally speak as the first song ended, switching into a slower paced and smoother song, “I am terribly sorry about my nerves. My grandmother just terrifies me and my mother when she is around terrifies me even more. Tonight is going to be a literal piece of hell, Josh.”

“I know love, but we can do this,” Josh took her hands in his, rubbing his thumb over them gently, “I’m here for ya, and you are here for me, yeah? Can’t stop a force like that, I like to think…”

“Oh Josh,” Sian smiled as she looked down at their hands, giving his a small squeeze, “You are so amazing. You make me do the craziest things and feel completely comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life…”

“Sian, love, you make me completely barmy, in the best way though,” Josh placed a hand under her chin, tilting it up gently so that she was looking at him again. Sian smiled at him and he returned it, leaning in a bit closer so that their foreheads were touching and noses were against one another’s, “You’re the type of girl I wouldn’t just want to bonk and leave. Drive me nutters with your ability to read me, but I want to talk to you for hours and just fall asleep holding ya, not shagin’ ya all the bloody time. How’d you go an do this to me, hmm?”

Sian couldn’t respond and instead, chose to lean in and press her lips firmly against Josh’s. Josh sighed through his nose, letting his hands fall so that one rested on her waist while the other sat on her thigh where her skirt had risen up from it’s place near her knees. Sian smiled into the kiss, moving her lips slowly against Josh’s as Josh pressed in firmer. She allowed him to lay her back against the armrest on the edge of the couch, his hands resting on either side of her and trapping her down. She let him take control, his kiss becoming rougher and more possessive as she did. As the track switched over to the fourth song, Gravity, Sian let her hands find their way to Josh’s cheeks as she slowly pulled back, staring him in the eyes. Josh breathed deeply as he stared down at her, glancing down at the cashmere sweater she had on momentarily. Sian smiled, looking down at is as well before glancing back up to Josh. She reached down, slowly pulling his shirt up.

Josh got the hint, moving to sit back on Sian’s thighs and pull the t-shirt fully off. She took in his body, smiling as she did. He wasn’t toned and ripped like most of the men she had been around in her life, but that’s what she liked about him. Reaching down, she felt her nerves taking over again as she moved to lift the sweater off of her body. She stopped just above the navel, staring up at Josh as she spoke timidly, “I…I have never…you know you were the first boy I kissed, and while I need to move slow, I still want to give you things too. You understand right? I want to be ready for you, but I need you to accept and take it at my pace…”

“Love…You do not have to do a thing you don’t want to…”

“Shhh, Josh I want to. I just…I need to not be pushed. Let me show and tell, okay?”

Josh smirked, leaning down to press his lips against hers once more as gently as he could. Sian pulled her sweater up the rest of the way, blushing under the ravenous look Josh got. He quickly leaned in to kiss her once more, letting his hands fall to her waist just to feel some of her skin. Sian allowed him to adjust how they were sitting, finding herself sitting on his lap with his hands on her bare hips. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling herself close so that their chests were touching. Josh moaned quietly into their kissing, his breathing quickening as he ran his hand slowly up and down her bare spine.

Sian could safely say her nerves were taken care of. They continued to lazily make out until Sian finally convinced Josh to stop, gathering her shirt and his as she led them into Elissa’s room. Josh found her a pair of Elissa’s sweats, turning his back to her so she could change into them quickly. The two of them crawled into Elissa’s bed together, Sian in Josh’s t-shirt and his sisters sweats while Josh opted for a pair of basketball shorts he left there and no shirt. He scooted up as close as he could to Sian, his arm holding her to him underneath his own shirt. She sighed contently, her eyes slipping shut as Josh set an alarm on his phone for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear god, I am SO sorry this took so long to post and update!

I've been traveling quite a lot recently in and out of America/around America so, I haven't had much time to sit down and just write between the drinks, tanning, surfing, and running around airports. But I am back!

I appreciate the comments while I was gone though! The constructive feedback about what you do/don't like and the demands for updates are both welcomed and loved! :) Hope you guys enjoyed!