The Correlation Between Salvation and Love

05.

Image


A week later and Sian’s nerves still did not stop as she got ready for classes. She was running early and took her time with getting ready. Her hair was loose and down, the way she enjoyed it for once. Her outfit that had been laid out for the day for her was simple. It was a plain blue dress with a skinny brown belt at the waist. Underneath was a pair of black opaque tights with a pair of boots over those. She had a white blazer over the top that stopped at the elbows, which she rolled up and cuffed to make it seem more relaxed even though she knew her mother would kill her if she saw. She grabbed her bag as she heard Liam entering the home, hurrying down the stairs. She smiled brightly at one of the maids as she passed, having a quick conversation in French about her day. With a shouted “Au revior!” over the shoulder, Sian headed out for her classes.

Liam dropped her off early, much to Sian’s relief. Sian entered with her head down as usual. She shuffled through the halls to her locker, quickly switching out her books from homework she had taken with her for her French books. With a deep sigh, Sian took off towards her class. She entered with her head down, glancing up only once to see who was there. With no one she knew around, she took a seat towards the back in hopes to work on her homework for her history class she did not manage to finish due to her lessons.

Sian heard someone sit next to her and chose to not acknowledge them. She continued on with her studies, reading the chapter she had due at the end of the day even though all she wanted was to break out To Kill A Mockingbird to finish. At the clearing of a throat, she glanced up briefly. Realizing who was sitting there as she looked away, Sian’s head shot up and she smiled widely at Josh, “Hello! Terribly sorry, I was so engrossed in my studies!”

“S’not a worry love,” Josh smiled, laughing at her a bit as she blushed, “You blush so easily! I told you it’s not a worry!”

“Sorry, sorry I just…it is just a habit.”

“Don’t worry love,” Josh laughed again heartily as their teacher walked in. They sat there through out the class, both paying attention and repeating everything as well as they could. Before the class got out, the teacher passed around a sheet with information on their newest project listed. Sian grimaced when she read the word “group” on it, glancing up at the teacher as she did. The teacher smiled at the class, looking around at the students before she spoke, “Yes, this is a group project. Groups of two and yes, I’m letting you pick your partners. However, I am picking your subject matter that you have to translate into English then review. This is due in three weeks, so get started early!”

Sian glanced over to Josh, catching his eye and raising an eyebrow at him to ask the question she direly wanted to ask. Josh smiled over at her, nodding as the bell went off. “Oi, you were asking to be partners yeah?”

“Yes, thank god. Lets go get our assignment and head to study hall to work on starting plans?”

“Sounds good!”

They headed down to the front together, Josh stepping back to let Sian talk with the teacher. The teacher glanced between the two, nodding her head slowly, “Well, at least you’ll be able to help Joshua here with this. You two are getting Cyrano De Bergerac to review. You will focus on the film and the novel then contrast the two. Watch the film together and read the book separate. I have faith in you two to do this well!”

Sian was not looking forward to the project, to say the least. With a quick nod to the teacher and a soft ‘thank you’, she headed out with Josh towards their study hall. She walked silently, listening to the busy chatter of students around them as they continued along. A woman’s voice caught her attention though as she stood in front of Sian and Josh yelling for Josh. Josh’s head shot up, his gaze darkening as he did. Sian looked over to the woman curiously, following behind Josh cautiously. The woman stopped Josh, glaring at him as she put her hands on her hips and continued to yell even though they were a mere two feet from each other, “You are a right and proper asshole Joshua James.”

“Fuck you Frankie,” Josh continued to glare at her, making Sian nervous as she stepped back, “You’re the fuckin’ slag that cheated on me, remember?”

“Oi, if you think you are one to talk. Runnin’ around with this tart little American bitch.”

“Don’t talk about Sian like that, you don’t know her.”

“I know she’s your new little play thing and she’s quite the impish looking little bird. Who names their girl with a gent’s name anyways?”

“Excuse you!” Sian blushed as she realized she was the one shouting, lowering her voice back to a normal level before she spoke again, “You are quite out of line considering I have never met you! I am not a tart , nor a slag or whatever you care to refer to me as. If you cared to take a minute or so to speak with me, you would know that I am actually the opposite. And the name Sian is the Welsh version of Siobhan, miss. Has your mother never taught you manners?”

Frankie’s jaw fell open as onlookers laughed at her expense. Sian kept her head high as she walked past, shouting back over her shoulder at the girl frozen in place, “Pleasure to meet you miss Frankie!”

Josh stayed to speak with Frankie, much to Sian’s relief, and Sian made her way into the study hall under the watchful eyes of everyone that saw her small outburst. Sighing to herself as she got into the hall, grabbing the table farthest in the back, Sian muttered under her breath miserably, “Well that is a way to make new friends that are women…”

Image


“Oi!” Josh never made it into study hall, so seeing him approaching at lunch made Sian surprised. He looked a mess and she watched him storm up to the table, glaring at Max and Dan sitting across from each other the table, “Which of you two told Frankie that Sian was my new bird I fancied?”

“What are you on about mate?”

“Frankie said one of you blokes told her Sian was who I slept with behind her back. I didn’t even do that, let alone with Sian!” He paused, looking over to Sian and smiling, “No offense love.”

“None taken?” Sian watched him with a confused look, as Max and Dan had as well. Max stood up, staring at Josh with a completely puzzled look, “Mate, I don’t know what you are on about but you know us, we would never. I’m pretty sure she made it up mate, don’t trust the woman at all as it is.”

“She was quite rude, honestly…” Sian spoke up softly, making Josh look over at her and frown almost instantly. He sighed, running a hand over his face as Sian gave him a small smile, “Just if you ask me, at least.”

“Sorry about that love, she can be a proper wench some days…”

“It was not your fault! Do not apologize for her, she does not deserve that courtesy!” Sian shook her head, staring up at Josh, “I believe that one’s best payback is to walk away with their head high and heart not sunken.”

“That’s the spirit Dove!” Max laughed, slugging Sian in the shoulder lightly from where he was seated on her right even though it still made her wince. Josh slid into the seat on left side of Sian, bumping her lightly with his shoulder. She glanced over at him, laughing at him a bit, “You sir ditched me to work on the project alone. Is this how it is going to continue to be?”

“No! Sorry love it’s just Frankie and I got into a big argument and I didn’t want to blow up anymore. I took a break and just walked the pitch outside,” Josh grinned over at her, “I promise I’m in this to do it. Problem is, can’t watch the film at my place. My grandfather lives with us and he is too ill for guest to come over at all. S’okay if we do it at yours right?”

“Oh! Of…well…I can inquire with my parents tonight and I shall let you know?”

“Here, text me,” Josh took her phone, entering his number without her even having a chance to say no. She smiled out of politeness as he handed it back, nodding to her, “I always have my cell, just shoot me a message once you know. Otherwise we might need to abuse Max’s house.”

“Oi, why mine?”

“Because your parents love me more than they love you mate.”

“Bollocks. Pure bollocks that is.”

Image


The classes seemed to drag on for Sian the rest of the day. When they were done, Josh was waiting by her locker for her. Sian greeted him pleasantly, quickly changing out her books. Sian exited the school with Josh, both laughing and smiling at each other. They chatted casually as they made their way out into the front of the school. They stopped outside the main gates, Sian motioning to the black car that Liam always drove to pick her up, “My driver is here…”

“Driver? Jesus, how posh is your family exactly Sian?”

“Oh…dear…we really are not. I mean, I am not a posh snob. I promise!”

“Calm down little Dove!”

“Oh do not start on that,” Sian rolled her eyes, shoving Josh’s shoulder as she laughed at him, “Max gets away with it because he sounds so earnest. You cannot!”

Josh rolled his eyes at her, making a quick scoffing noise at her. With a quick goodbye after they both laughed it off, Sian waved to Josh and watched him walk off towards his own ride. Sian headed towards Liam’s car, sliding into it with a heavy sigh, “Liam we have a problem. I have to somehow invite that man over to watch a film for French class and be around him to work on it consistently over the next month.”

“Oh that could be an issue with your mother…”

“I know. Help me!”

“We’ll figure it out on the way home, I promise. I’ll take the long route love, alright?”

“You are amazing Liam, I cannot thank you enough.”

"It's my pleasure dear," Liam smiled at her in the rearview, "Now, lets figure out an excuse!"

Image


Josh slid into his sister’s car, glancing over at her with a small smile, “What’s your problem? You look rather giddy for a lass that just got off.”

“Who was the bird?”

“Sian? She’s just a new girl. Came over from America, but nothing like that Melody girl. New friend of Max’s and working on my French project with me…”

“Just some new girl ey?”

“Shut up and drive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Melody keeps popping up hmmm? You all will meet her soon enough! ;)

ALSO;

I wanted to thank Mr Reckless. for their support! The comments are MUCH appreciated! :D