Status: LOVE. LOVE. LOVE

Should I Go on With This Arranged Marriage?

Grand Ball

Dominique’s P.O.V.

We paused at the main entrance of the ball and a man with a Canon camera stopped us. He counts. “3..2..1..” I genuinely smiled.

“Come on, come one.!” I said, dragging Bo with me, like this is my party and he’s the outcast.

“Nick, careful.” he said, grabbing my hand gently and rather, guided me.

I just laughed at him. “Don’t you have any friends, here?”

He moved away his eyes from me and look on my back. “That’s them” he said, pulling me to his side to face four group of boys, all looking nice on their tuxedo.

“Guys, this is, Nick, my cousin-in-law.”

To my surprise, they were, and if I could remember, Gab, Bret, Mon, and Chris. “Do we even have to introduced, each other?” I smiled to them.

“Not at all.” Bret said.

“See? Told you.” Bo said.

I smiled at them. “It is so nice meeting you guys, again.”

They smiled at me.

“So, have you seen, Vince and Jas?” Mon asked.

I shook my head.

Mon, pointed at the other corner of the Gym. “That’s her.”

“Oh, thanks.” I smiled. “I’ll leave you guys, first.”

“Sure.” Bo said.

I marched my way to Jasmine, unnoticeably to some people.

A lot of people were already looking at me, since we entered. I shrugged them off. I just have to take my care off of it.

“Jasmine.” I called fom behind her.

She looked at me.

“Holy Crap!” she squealed, pulling me to a hug. “you look amazing.”

“So do you.” She’s wearing a dhort dress just like mine. We both have the same way of dressing. I think it’s only me and her, waering short dresses.

“I have to tell you something.” she suddenly, said slow.

I looked at her confusingly.

“I heard Tom is back in town.”

I stared at her for a second.

“Well, buzz here said, he’s father is the president of the organization of this school. I can’t believe he’s that rich.”

“Well, I know he is, but what’s he’s role here?”

“he’s the host.”

“You kidding me?”

She shook her head. “Aren’t you feel awkward?”

“We remained friends after graduation. You saw that.”

She narrowed her eyes. “Did he even called you, after that?”

I shook my head.

“Then what makes you think you two remained friends?”

“We talked about this.”

“alright.”

We talked about random th9ngs, until we reached the topic about Brian.

“Jas, please, I came here leaving all the things, at the house. Bo has been helping get my mind off of that things. I guess that’s why he invited me here.”

She nodded. “alright.”

“but one thing’s for sure, I don’t think I’ll be able to get with this that fast.” I said, twisting my lips.

She nodded. “But you know what? I was so nervous, when he called me.”

“Oh my God. He told you I was sleeping, right? I wasn’t. I was faking my sleep. I just happened to fakely wake up, when he suddenly touch my hand.”

We shared a laugh for a seond.

“You are crazy. You’re in a bed of hospital, yet you still manage to joked around.”

I added. “When he looked for my phone to call you, I was like ‘don’t pick up, don’t pick up.’. But you then you did, and I was like ‘Oh no.’”

“I was so nervous, when he spoke. I thought it’s you.”

I asked aotther question. “I heard him said ‘That’s my responsibility.’, what were you talking about that?”

She suddenly dropped her eyes on the ground. “Uhm…” she pasued. “I told----” she was cut off, when someone, on the stage talks.

“Ladies and Gentemn, a very glamorous night to all of you. Students or not students, you are welcome to here. “ A geek-styled talk guy, started. “We are here to celebrate the 12th year of the foundation our Universty have built. To explain more of the tonight’s event, let me introduced, Mr. Tom Grivin.”

My heart started pumping, unevenly. Hearing his name is just wrecking me.

He finally showed up, in the stage. There’s something changed about him. His hair is shorter but the same color. His body grew a little bigger. He looks better than he was already.

“So that was him?” Bo suddenly appeared on my back.

I nodded. I really couldn’t speak.

“you two look much perfect.”

“I know.” Well, I a lot of people said me aand Brian looks good as a couple, but I don’t feel it. His image is undoubtedly rock star, while I look like a battered-girl with him. But I love the guy.

I watch Tom talked. I really don’t care what he’s talking about, I just stared at him. He was speaking looking around, until he glued his eyes on my direction. He continued speaking, just looking at me. He shoot me a smile, then look away.

“I saw that.” Bo from my back whispered.

I shook my head. I suddenly feel something, strange. All the times we had flashed through my mind. The day, I said ‘yes’ to him, those days were driving around the city. The dinner and lunch. The sleepover in his house. I had my most special Christmas with him. It was just so romantic.

Feeling my eyes getting teary, I excues myself from Bo and Jasmine and made my way to outside, the University. I stand Bo’s car and let the tears, fall down.

I hate what I’m feeling right now.

It is regret.

I’m realizing everything now. If I run away with him. I wouldn’t feel any hurt I’ve been going through this time.

I am probably the happiest girl. I loved Tom. He’s the guy that ever made me feel loved. He showed what it was like to fall in love. The butterflies. The time-to-time exchanging texts with him. The way, he respects me. I know it was only five months. But that five months, was the most brilliant time to me. He was my first love.

My phone blasted. I look at it to see Jasmine, calling.
Thankfully, Amanda used waterproof and smudge proof make-ups on my face. I wiped my tears away and, exhaled big, to stop the shakiness of my voice.

“Hello.” I answered.

“Where are you?” To my surprise it wasn’t Jasmine, but rather that familiar voice of Tom.

I debated myself, if I should hand up or not. I guess I have to. I was about to hang-up when he speaks again. “You look pretty.”

I suddeny hear his voice, near. I look at my back to see him standing there.

He put Jasmine’s phone down and I did too.

“What are you doing here? It’s dangerous for a beautiful girl like you alone in this place.”

I look for words to say. “I… I just… Uhm…” Fuck, stop stattering “I just need some air.” Luckily, I already wipe the tears. “I’m fine.” I weakly smiled.

“Long time, no see.” he smiled.

I nodded. “Yes.” It’s just ironic that, for how long I am pregnant, is the same day, I last saw him.

“So, how’s it been?” he asked, walking closely to me.

How is it been? I asked myself. It’s been hard.

Thinking of everything, I can’t stop my tears from showing. I know I’ve been crying a lot for the last weeks. But what can I do? There’s nothing to smile about.

I couldn’t help but to let the tears roll down, since it’s obvious that, my eyes are gleaming.

Tom hold my face up with his soft hands. “What’s wrong?”

I didn’t answer, but instead, pulled him to a hug. “I’m not in my best.” I cried.

I feel his arms, hugging me back. “It’s okay.”

“No. Why do you have to be back?” I didn’t give him time to response. “seeing you again, makes me realize how stupid I am.” He became a reminder of what a wrong decision, I made.

He didn’t say anything, he just continued, rubbing my back.

“I miss you, Tom. Imiss you.”

“I miss you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays, guys.
Have the best Christmas and generous New Year.

P.S. I already finished this story. And I almost cry writing the last three chapters.

Enjoy
Xoxo