Status: Active during Full Moons (;

My Curse

Beacon Hills.

Listening to Macklemore I sat watching the scenery fly by. Every minute or so I would glance at Alysia, her expression read nervous. I looked back out the window airing the beautiful scenery once again then making a mental note to come back to the woods with my camera. Suddenly the scenery and to an abrupt stop revealing beacon hills.

Alysia tapped me and I pulled my headphones out.

"We're here." She grinned.

We parked up front and got out of the car. I followed her closely as we walked into the school. I noticed that many kids were here, although it was a weekend, causing me to scowl.

‘These kids need lives; I wouldn't be caught dead at school on a weekend in Phoenix.' I thought to myself.

We walked into the building causing a chill to run up my spine. Alysia turned to me with her contagious grin.

"Tiana, welcome to Beacon Hills High School!" she announced her eyes filled with nostalgia. "It's amazing, I graduated here six years ago and yet the school has not aged a day."

"And now you’re back for a teacher position." I stated absent-mindedly as I gazed around the building.

"Teacher's assistant." she corrected.

"And you've already entered into teacher mode. Great." I said sarcastically.

She laughed.

"Well this was the only position available so I applied for it." She informed me and I nodded allowing my eyes to wander the building.

“It’s not much, but it is a job that'll keep me occupied. Plus it'll give me a chance to watch over my lovely and reckless cousin." She laughed.

"Hey, as long as no one gets in my face, I'll be perfectly fine." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Good because I don't need you getting expelled. Again." She hinted causing me to roll my eyes.

‘She deserved it.' My subconscious sneered and I agreed.

She sighed looking around and again that nostalgic look filled her eyes and gleamed brightly from her expression.

"It's weird, nothing has changed." She said in awe.

"Good or bad?"

Without hesitation she answered, "Both."

We walked for a while until we stopped and I looked around confused as to why we did.

“These glass cases right here," she said pointing and I nodded," They are filled with awards and trophies that the school has received in the many years that it has been here."

Her gaze shifted around before she settled on a lacrosse picture.

"This picture was taken during my school year of the lacrosse team back then."

"Did you guys win a game?"

"Ha! We won Grand State Championship and that is not just a game." She emphasized.

"Chill." I said with a laugh.

"Sorry, it’s just that lacrosse is the star sport here, so some topics about it are really sensitive."

"Don't be. I would be the same way if someone ripped on softball."

"Exactly." She agreed.

"Okay well it looks like the principal is in the office now so I should be going in, in the next few seconds. It shouldn't take long but if it does just sit here." I nodded.

"Roger that." I said laying my back against the wall besides the trophy cases.

"If you get bored or something of that matter just play with your phone, draw, or walk around. You know what to do. After my interview I'll find you and we'll go do something fun."

"I get it, Lysa." I said. "Now go do your little interview while I go wander the school for hot guys."

She laughed as she shook her head and pulled some perfume out of her purse and I cocked my head to the side quizzically at her.

"I thought you hated perfume."

"I do, but majority of people tend to love you more when you smell like something that just walked out of Sephora." She and I coughed simultaneously.

"I can see why you hate it." I said fanning the potent stuff away from my face.

"Whatever, I'll see you in a bit."

Her body disappeared behind the office's glass door. I grabbed my bag with all my stuff and decided I would go look at the sport fields first. When I walked out the gym door, my quest to the soft ball field was halted by the lacrosse players littering the field. I climbed into the bleachers and sat in the middle.

"Belenski! Is there a reason why you're so terrible?!" The coach, I suppose, yelled.

"Great insult genius." I muttered with a shake of my head before turning my attention to the boy.

The boy just glared then pouted while his friend patted his back in encouragement. He was really cute…

I took out my sketch pad and started to shade a wolf I had drawn a week ago. As I began to add depth to my drawing, I heard a whizzing sound about five feet ahead.

"Hey!! Watch! ....out?"

The stinging in the palm of my hand confirmed my thoughts. I stretched my hand revealing a small, white ball. It was quite heavy and it would've sucked to get hit with it.

"Oh look! Someone out here has some coordination unlike my players!"

I shook my head.

"Bro, chill. As a coach you should know catching a ball in your hand has absolutely nothing to do with lacrosse." I said annoyed as I tossed the small ball back to him.

“Quite the sense of humor you have, but since I don't know you I'll let it slide. What's your name sweetheart?"

"Tiana." I answered trying my best to hide my annoyance.

"Well Tiana, I'm Coach Finstock. How would you like to play?" he inquires hopefully.

"Absolutely not, my sole priority is softball." I said shortly before returning to my shading.

"Our softball team sucks."

I snickered, “I promise you, that'll change soon."

His grin dropped then his brow twitched in annoyance. His players seemed amused by my daring attitude.

"All right ladies pack up and go home." He huffed in frustration.

"That was awesome." A seemingly nice guy said as he came up to me and I smiled.

"I have a tendency to do that to a lot of people. It's great." I laughed.

"I'm Danny." He said reaching to shake my hand.

I grabbed his hand and smiled.

"Tiana, but call me Tia."

"Cool. So, are you the new kid here at Beacon Hills?"

"Yeah." I frowned. “Just moved from Phoenix.”

"Don’t worry. Once you get used to it, you'll love it here." He assured me with a grin.

“Okay, if you say so.” I said. “I have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

"How would you rate the guys here?" I asked testing something.

"I'll give them a 7 or 8 on looks and 6 on chivalry. Jackson gets a 4 though." Danny said pointing to a guy on the lacrosse team with short dirty blonde hair.

"Ah ha, I knew you were gay!" I said hugging him, his chest shook with laughter. "My gay best friend, Ashton, would absolutely adore you."

"It must have been tough leaving him behind." His expression softening.

"Yeah, but he's allowed to visit so we'll be okay for the time being.”

"When did you meet him?"

"We met in kindergarten over a big play-dough fight." I giggled.

"Wow." he laughed and I too soon joined him.

"Danny, I deem you my new best friend." I grin and so does he.

"Awesome.”

At that moment, my iPhone chimed which meant I got a text message. I checked it for a clear second, but I was a little confused.

‘Turn around’?” I looked in all directions until I saw Alysia standing right in front of me. I shook my head trying not to smirk.

“I’d figure that you would be out here of all places.” She told me, raising a smile on my face.

“What can I say? I’m just showing my love for sports, that’s all.” I told her grinning.

“In more ways than one, I suppose.” I heard her mutter. She turned her direction over to Danny.

“Wow, it’s not even your first day of school and you’re already making friends.” She congratulated me and turned back to Danny. “I see you are on the lacrosse team. What position do you play?”

“I play Goalie.” Danny said to her.

“Impressive.” Lysa smiled as she picked up a lacrosse stick nearby. “I used to play a little sports bit back when I was in high school.”

“You play Lacrosse?”

“Something of that sort…” She muttered, still looking at the stick. Mine and Danny’s attention was distracted when we heard noise coming from the field. Two guys were still practicing on the field when one of the guys threw a ball into the other guy’s direction.

I guess he threw it too far because the ball came right in our direction, right towards Lysa’s head…

Before Danny could warn Lysa about the speeding ball, Lysa spun around and caught the ball in the net within seconds.

“Well, that was a close one...” Lysa examined the ball. Including Danny, all the guys still here had shocked expressions on their faces. I let out a tiny laugh, since I’m the only one who thinks this is normal.

“What is all the commotion out here??” The coach came back and saw that Lysa had the ball and connected the two together.

“See now, these girls are better players than all of you pansies!” the coach yelled at the two boys. I wanted to say something again to this guy, but Lysa beat me to it.

“Hey Coach Bobby, you are being way too hard on these boys! Lay off a bit.” I could she sounded a bit annoyed with this jerk off too as well as I.

“Excuse me ma’am, but who the hell are you?”

“Wow, after all these years, you don’t even remember your favorite student.” She said sounded hurt, but I know that Lysa’s being sarcastic.

The coach looked at her closely. “Davis, is that you?”

“In the flesh.” I watched as the coach laughed as they greeted each other.

“Wait Lysa, you know this guy?” My mind was completely baffled.

“Of course I do. He was my Econ teacher and my lacrosse coach during my years here at Beacon.” She informed me.

“Davis, you know this girl?” The coach mentioned me.

“Yes, She’s my younger cousin, Tiana.”

“Wait, so you two are related?” Danny asked me.

“Yeah, hence the word cousin.” I told him.

“Well, I can definitely say that smart-mouths run in the family.” The coach said which earned death stares from both me and Lysa.

“So what brings you back to town, Davis?” The coach asked Lysa.

“If you must know, I work here now.”

“Here? At the school?”

“Uh-huh. I just got the new T.A. job they offered, so I’m back while looking after this one here.” She pointed to me.

“So it looks like you’re my new teacher now. Great.” I exaggerated to Lysa, which gave me a small sarcastic smile in return.

“Which teacher are you going to be assigned to?”

“I have no clue yet. Principal has to give me the information on Monday when I start.”

“God help whoever gets stuck with you as an assistant.” The coach laughed as he walked away from us.

“Oh coach…” Lysa called out to him. He turned around and just like that, Lysa took the stick and swung it hard, making the little white ball fly right pass the coach’s face almost hitting him in the process. He reacted to it too late and fell to the ground. Everyone watched in wonder at my cousin.

“You should think twice before ever insulting me again.” She threatened him as she put the stick down. The boys around us started laughing and I could’ve sworn I saw Danny trying to stifle a smile.

“C’mon Tia, it’s time to go.” Lysa said.

“Well, it was nice meeting you, Danny.” I hugged him.

“Likewise Tia, Guess I’ll see you Monday.” He said goodbye as I went with Lysa.

“He’s cute.” Alysia said as soon as we were out of earshot.

“He plays for the other team.” I said to her.

“Ahh, it’s always the really cute ones. Oh well, at least you have someone to go guy-hunting with you.” She laughed and so did I. We got into the car and drove out of the parking lot. Just we were leaving the school, we passed by the lacrosse field and I saw the boy who that coach yelled out before. He was walking with his friend when he lifted his face and his eyes made contact with our car. He was definitely cute as I saw before…

“Yeah, I think I’m going to like it here, Lysa.” I said to her. She looked at what I saw and let out a small laugh as she drove off.

This better be worth it too…
♠ ♠ ♠
Tiana
Alysia

Comment/Subcribe/Reccomend :)

Hope you liked this chapter! :)

Love,

Gabriella