Status: Active during Full Moons (;

My Curse

High School Hell.

The sun is shining down angrily on me in the sunny state of Arizona. It's a dry heat so I'm not sweating, but it's still overbearing and unecessary. Suddenly the heat gets to be too much and I'm falling into darkness.

"Tiana, It's time to wake up! You don't want to be late..."

Huh, late for what...?

"C'mon you can't stay in bed forever."

Why..?


Suddenly I realize the voice of my dreams belong to Lysa and my eyes open groggily, and unwilling to reveal Luna.

'Please tell me I didn't hear the dog talking to me...'

I hear a chuckle from behind me and turn to see, thank God, Lysa standing in my doorway.

"I told you it was time to wake up."

I rubbed my eyes and stretched causing the bones in my back to pop loudly.

"Breakfast is downstairs when you're dressed and ready to go."

I nodded then walked to my closet, inside sat my suitcases filled with the clothes I was too lazy to put on hangers last night. I unzipped the largest one and looked at it's contents.

'I am too lazy this morning to actually pick out a cute outfit...'

I decided on going the comfortable route and pulled out my ASU tank, shorts, vans, and a hoodie. After that I grabbed all my stuff and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

'Being expelled did not do me good, I feel so sluggish...I'll need to go for a run after school today.' I thought to myself as I stood under the hot water.

I turned off the shower and hopped out then continued with my daily routine, washing my face with my cleanser, curling my hair, etc. As soon as I slipped on my tank top and walked into my room my phone rang loudly.

"I'm falling in love, but it's falling apart
I need to find my way-"


"Hello?"

"Bright eyes!." Ashton's voice sang in my ears.

I giggled.

"Hey, Ashton. What's up?"

"Ohh nothing really just on my way to high school hell. Ha! My classes are going to suck even more without my partner in crime."

I could practically hear the pout in his voice.

"I know right, I'm sorry I can't be there, but I'm enduring a hell with people I don't know and my favorite person in the world is in another state."

"Yeah, I hope you survive your hell a lot better than mine. I swear to you ,Tia, if one of those obnoxious sluts gets in my face today, I might just turn black and kick some ass."

I laughed.

"They better not touch you or they'll have me to deal with and I'm sure they don't want their noses broken again But hey, if you get expelled you can always crash here, I'm sure Lysa wouldn't mind." I suggested, grinning.

"Haha, I might just have to take you up on that offer. Well I have to go, the school isn't going to terrorize itself."

"Sounds fun." I sighed.

"I miss you, Ashley."

"I miss you too, Bright eyes. I seriously cannot wait to see you and I will be counting until I can. I love you."

I giggled.

"I'll be waiting, I love you too."

"OH! While exploring your new home, give me updates on all of the hotties there. I love you, bye."

"Bye."

I sighed and put my phone in the side pocket of my backpack. I wanted to tell him about Danny, but I figured I let him be suprised when he came to visit me. I came down the stair case slowly, still feeling sluggish.

"Cute outfit, it suits you."

"Thanks, I figured I'd go comfortable on the first day, I'll leave the extreme for later." I smiled mischeiviously.

"Simple is good..Now I have to get to school early and since you don't have a car.."

"Yet." I butt in.

I have a jar in my closet with dollar bills I've been saving.

"Yes, yet, but for the time being I have to drive you to school. Eat up and then we'll leave in a few minutes, okay?"

I nodded, not really wanting to waste my energy by talking, I grabbed a plate and put on some eggs and bacon then filled a cup up with the coffee in the pot.
After I ate I felt a bit bouncier, probably due to the coffee, then we were off.
On the ride to the school we made small talk, but once we reached the school it ended. Even though it was early the parking lot was starting to fill up with students. I shook my head, I just didn't understand it.

'You could be sleeping right now!' My subconcious screams at them.

Unwillingly I got out of the car, I was greeted with the warm welcome of the wind.

"It's the beginning of the second semester. What is with the weather here?" I asked as the warm breeze fanned out across my face.

"The climate here has always been weird, but it doesn't effect me. it never has." Alysia shrugged nonchalantly.

"Well whenever it gets cold, it'll effect me." I complained.

Anemia sucks.

"Sucks for you then." She teased.

I impassively stared at her and she laughed.

"Oh cheer up. You know I'm just teasing you, cousin. But I will say this, the AC here changes in every class so I'd keep that sweatshirt close if I were you."

"I'll keep that in my mind." I said while scanning the parking lot for the only familiar face I knew, Danny.

We approached the sidewalk then the roar of an engine caught my attention.

'Sports car, Italian maybe, no German definitely. ' I thought to myself.

I smiled in triumph as I turned to see a silver porsche peel into the crowded parking lot of the school. Obviously the guy driving it wanted attention.

"Stay away from guys like that." Lysa said leading me away from the expensive car.

"Guys like that may seem harmless, but they're douchebags with bad news."

'Never would I think of a guy his size driving a porsche that size harmless. You don't speed into a school's parking lot with a porsche unless you're a douchebag in fact.'

Instead of voicing my thoughts I just shrugged not really caring anything about him.

"Well I have to go now, I'm meeting with the head office again."

"Why do you have to be here early?"

"Remember, I don't know many of the teachers or staff I'm working for so I have to get my information from the principal."

I nodded.

"Well I hope you don't get a douche for a teacher."

"I hope not either, my day would be a lot better if I didn't."

I shrugged again, I seemed to be doing a lot of that today, then stuffed my hands into the pocket on the front of my hoodie. I glanced around the parking lot anxiously watching as kids talked with their friends.

"Hey."

I snapped my attention back to Lysa.

"I promise you that your first day will fly by. Just do what you have to do and there will be no issues. Do you understand me?"

'Sheesh, I feel like I'm in trouble with a teacher already.'

"Yes, I understand." I mocked.

We both gave each other sarcastic looks.

"You know that smart mouth of yours will get you into trouble just like it did back at your old high school so I suggest you watch it carefully. I don't need to here that you and a student got in a fight or that you argued with a staff member. The only teacher you can fight with is me, because I handle your cute little ass, and you wouldn't be sent to the head office if we argue."

"What if Finstock harasses me today?"

"He doesn't count, plus you can handle him. The other stuff I'm serious about though."

"Fine! I'll try to keep my mouth, but remember I said try." I said in exasperation.

"And suprisingly I'm okay with that, Alright well I have to go." She hugged me then kissed the top of my head.

"Stay out of trouble." She called.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, mother." I mumbled.

'Now what am I supposed to do...?'

I looked around and noticed a lot of the lacrosse players were here.

'They must have morning practices...Never, nope, I'd never do it.'

Finally I caught sight of Danny, but he was talking to the douche with the porsche and I wanted to avoid him.

"Um, you look lost."

I turned to see the two boys from yesterday standing beside me.

"Um, not really. I know my way around the school, but the only person I know is Danny and he's talking to Mr. Look-at-me-I'm-rich-and-I-have-a-porsche."

They laughed and looked over at the pair.

"That's Jackson, him and Danny are friends. I'm Scott."

"And I'm his ever-so-loving best friend, Stiles ."

I furrowed my brows.

"Seriously?"

He nodded.

"What? I don't like telling people my real name so I use my nickname."

"Ahh I got you. I'm Tiana, but call me Tia." I smiled.

We chatted until the bell rang. I pulled out my schedule then we found out we all had our first class together so we walked to the classroom.

"You must be Tiana. I'm Mr. Harris."

I smiled at him and shook his hand.

"I'd like to sit you over here with Mr.Stilinski since him and Mr. McCall can't seem to stop talking to each other regardless of where I move them." he glared at the pair.

I moved to the table and dropped my bag under the desk. After the class filled Mr. Hariss began teaching, apparently they had a big test coming up so we started by taking notes. I took most of the notes and chatted quietly with Stiles.
After that class I had Geometry by myself then English with a brunette girl named Allison.
Before I knew it, it was time for lunch.

"Hey."

I looked up to meet Danny's big, brown eyes and grinned.

"I was hoping I'd find you eventually."

"I know, but we don't seem to have any classes together. Did you make friends?"He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yes, I guess, I met Stiles and Scott. They were cool. Scott is smitten with his girlfriend, which I thought was extremely cute. I also met her later that day."

"See I told you that you'd like it." He grinned.

We walked into the lunch room and I was suprised to see it wasn't extremely loud. I guess most of the kids went out for lunch.

'Lucky them, with their cars...'

When Danny and I sat down he introduced me to everyone at the lunch table. They said hi and went back to their own conversations. Scott seemed to be half listening to what they were saying.

"And this is Jackson." Danny announced.

"Hi, I'm Tia."

Jackson nodded then said something to Danny I couldn't hear and I rolled my eyes. I took of my sweatshirt and draped it across the back of my chair then pulled out my lunch and my phone.
While everyone chatted with one another I sat and played games with the occasional bite of my sandwich. Suddenly I became incresingly aware of Jackson's stare.

"What?" I asked irritated.

"The d-backs suck." He replied.

I lifted my head from my phone and looked into his bright green eyes while I'm sure mine were on fire.

"You wanna say that again, Pretty boy?" I growled with a glare.

"Whoa, Jackson. She's from Arizona bro." Stiles said with wide eyes and Jackson turned his glare to him.

"So what? And don't call me bro."

"Three things, Pretty boy. One; California has what? Five MLB teams? But you wouldn't know that would you, Richy Rich? Second; the LA dodgers are the only decent teams out of all five which is not even near beacon hills. And Third; You play lacrosse, and probably don't watch baseball while I keep MLB stats on my phone because I love baseball and it's the reason why I play softball, the closest sport to baseball. So do me a favor? Stay off of my field."

The table was silent with stifled laughter until finally Scott and Stiles fell onto the floor laughing loudly.

"Jackson, I think you have a challenger, bud." Scott said from the floor in between fits of laughter.

I grinned.

"Shut up, McCall!" He yelled before standing and stalking off somewhere.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

Danny put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side.

"Easy there tiger." He laughed.

"He's so lucky I can't get in trouble."

"Why?" Stiles asked eager for information.

"I got in expelled from my last school for punching the principals daughter in the face...multiple times." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Remind me to never make you angry.." Allison said jokingly.

"Allison, you'd never make me angry, there's something about you I like. Plus you're not a pretentious brat."

Allison smiled then started to talk with Scott about something quietly.

"How has the guy hunt been going?" Danny asked with a suspicious smile.

"Well so far I want to kick Jackson's face into a curb, I love you to death, but you're gay, Scott's with Allison, and Stiles is..." I trailed off, and we both glanced at Stiles.

He was stuffing his face with some spaghetti like an animal before he met our disgusted gazes.

"Wahh?" He attempted to say through the food.

We shook our heads and turned away.

"Stiles is a klutz, nerdy, sloppy, and so not my type, but there's something extremely cute about him..." I trailed off with a slight blush.

"Oh I am so hooking the two of you up." Danny said grinning mischievously.

My eyes widened and I blushed crimson.

"Hooking who up?" Allison asked with brows furrowed.

"No one." Danny lied smirking at me.

The rest of lunch was filled with silent chatter and me avoiding eye contact with Stiles. When the bell rang I practically ran to my locker.

"Study hall in Econ?" I asked aloud as if someone would answer me.

"Oh coach is going to love this."

"Jesus, Danny! How did you catch up to me so fast?" I inquired bewildered.

"Lacrosse has its benefits, and I have Econ too so I'll show you the way." I followed him helpless and still flustered by lunch.

"Oh and you left this." Danny said tossing me my sweatshirt as we reached the classroom.

"Coach, look what I have for you." Danny said as I his behind him.

"What?" He snapped, annoyed.

"No need to get your man panties in a bunch, Finstock." I said with a grin.

"The principal is trying to kill me! First Davis as my new TA now you for study hall! I can't even fail you." He whined in exasperation.

"You couldn't fail me anyways, Finstock. I don't have this class cause I already passed it this past summer, plus I have honor roll."

His mouth set into a thin line in anger as he pointed to the desk in front of Jackson who winked. I rolled my eyes in disgust then walked over dropping my bag on the floor loudly.

"What's up, Arizona?" Jackson whispered in my ear.

"What's it to you?" I growled in annoyance.

"Oh nothing.."

'He's up to something...

I pulled out my vocabulary book and began to study the words silently. I could feel Jackson's stare boring into my back and somehow I managed to ignore it for about thirty minutes before I snapped.

"What do you want, Jackson." I turned around yelling in a hushed voice.

"You." He winked and I sneered.

"Don't be coy with me, Pretty boy."

"Oh and just when we were on a first name basis." He said sarcastically.

"I'd really like to kick that pretty face of yours into a curb multiple times." I muttered mostly to myself.

I turned around in my seat and went back to studying.

"I just don't understand you.." He mumbled behind me.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed with him.

'Whats not to understand, you were a jerk to me and dissed Arizona so therefore I currently dislike you... You might be okay tomorrow... Nah what am I saying he dissed Arizona, I won't be okay for awhile.'

I snorted at my thoughts then put my book away. I decided to listen to Finstock's teaching for the last few minutes of class. He seemed to circle the class in a frustrated flurry, honestly, the man look like a ball of frustration.

The shrill sound of the bell erupted and I quickly hurried out of the class, grabbing my bag.

"Where to now?"

"Danny, stop doing that, it's scary. Anyways I have gym." Danny laughed and threw and arm around my shoulders.

"You have gym with Allison, Lydia, Scott, and Stiles" He said suggestively while I glared.

"This has to be some form of harassment." I muttered to myself.

"I'm your best friend, its what I do." he smiled down at me and I couldn't help but to smile back.

"You're so lovable, Danny. Even when you're teasing." I said grinning up at him.

"Thanks, well I better go console Jackson. He is extremely frustrated with you."

"Well, he shouldn't be a jerk." I mumbled.

"Yeah, I know, but he's still my friend so I have to do something about it."

"True, true. Well have fun, Danny boy." I smiled.

"You too." He gave me a quick hug before walking off.

I sighed suddenly feeling as if I lost my other half, then walked into the gym.

"Two classes with you, Harris!" Coach Finstock's voice could be heard in china as he yelled.

"Aren't you just the luckiest man alive, Finstock." I smiled sarcastically and he narrowed his eyes.

"I can fail you in here." he threatened and I raised my brows.

" You should know well that I'm an excellent athlete, Coach." I smiled and he faltered.

"Please play lacrosse." he begged and I shook my head.

"No." I said firmly.

"What if there's no softball..?" He suggested and I thought about it for a minute.

"IF, and I mean IF, there is not softball, I will play, but trust me, if I have to recruit the team myself, there will be a softball team." I said firmly, the second part mostly to myself.

Coach stood with a grin, over joyed I assume, and even smiled as he handed me my unfiorm.

"Such determination-"

"Save it for later, Finstock." I muttered with a roll of my eyes before rushing into the locker room.

"Hey, Tia." Allison greeted happily and I smiled.

"Ello, Love." I said faking a british accent as I changed quickly.

I neatly folded my clothes and placed them in a gym locker before walking out with the rest of the girls. the boys were standing around imaptiently waiting for us to come out along with coach, but his pep from earlier wasn't completely washed away.

"Alright Ladies, we will stretch, run, and then we'll play some basketball. GO!"

Everyone moved into a spot a few inches away from each other to give some space then we began. After we stretched we were made to run one mile and I found myslef laughing as I watched Stiles struggle. Allison looked back confused then giggled a bit.

"He has problems doing...sports." Allison explained still giggling a bit and I shook my head.

I slowed down and matched my pase to his until he caught up with me.

"Come on Stilinski, you can do better than that can't you?" I asked trying to hide my laughter.

"Yeah, you're hilarious...and no I can't." He said firmly before going back to trying to catch his breath.

I patted his back with a shake of my head before going full speed to the end of the lap. Coach eyed me in amazement and Scott looked a bit suspicious.

"I run everyday to practice softball, a mile is nothing." I explained and his jaw dropped.

"I pray there is no softball team." he mumbled.

"I don't...I never get...to play...as it...is." Stiles muttered between deep breaths from behind me.

Coach brought everyone into the gym for basketball then split us into teams. It was girl versus boys, how very sexist of him, and most of the girls were happy because they had me. We huddled and I gave them intructions on how to go through plays and such, which they were very clueless about, but caught on quickly. the name of our plays were PINK, BLUE, and ORANGE , the number of steps matched the amount of words.

With our wits and amazing plays we ended up demolishing the boys with 27 to 10.

"You're amazing." They gushed causing me to laugh.

"You just have to know the game, I'm not really good at playing."

Finally we were allowed to change so I ran to the locker room with glee and straight into the shower avoiding my hair, I would deal with that when I got home. Out of the shower back into the room to change and within ten minutes I was out of the locker room dressed.

"You're not a girl, you are some superhuman from outer space." Coach said with wide eyes.

I glared at him slightly confused to whether or not that was a compliment. I only rushed because I wanted to get home, that was a natural teen response at the end of the day. I let the thought go as the bell rang then went to find Alysia so we could head home.

"Boo." I jumped and spun around to see Lysa...laughing.

"Jesus! First Danny, now you. Can you guys just not sneak up and give me a heart-attack for once?" I said in exasperation.

"Okay, I promise to warn you next time." She laughed at my anxiety.

"And another thing, you're nowhere near the verge of having a heart-attack, my sweet cousin."

"And just how would you know that?" I asked her with my hand on my chest.

"Even though I'm back to normal, I can still hear your heartbeat from a mile's way." She whispered to me.

"Is that how you're able to find me?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Yes, plus the fact you smell like sweating fruit." She waved her hand in front of her face.

"I don't smell that bad.. I showered." I trailed off sniffing my shirt.

"Hence why I said 'sweating fruit' instead of 'hot garbage' like some of the people here." She gagged at the thought of it, which made me laugh.

"So... How was your first day of High School Hell?"

I was about to say something, but I turned and gaped at her.

"You heard me and Ashton's conversation this morning, didn't you?"

"Maybee.... Miss Bright Eyes." I opened my mouth, but she cut me off.

"Let me say this: One, heightened hearing, meaning I can still hear everything around me. Two, I totally see how you got that nickname 'Bright Eyes', because your orbs sparkle more than that gay fairy from Twilight."

"You mean vampire?" I asked me smiling.

"What difference does it make?" She asked and I laughed. "And last but not least, 'Ashley'?"

"I can explain that, His parents were going to name him Ashley if he came out a girl, but since he's gay it still fits him I think. Lysa?" I noticed that Lysa stopped walking with me and turned around.

"Lysa, what's wrong?" I asked then I followed her gaze to a dark brooding guy talking with Stiles and Scott.

She shook her head. I let them have their little stare down until his stare went from her to me and then back to her. I felt creeped out...the word 'Pedophile' comes to mind.

"Do you know him?"

"No. He's nobody to me." She snapped, but it seemed pointed to him more than me.

Finally she broke the gaze and we left, peeling out of the parking lot like Jackson peeled in this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tiana
Alysia

Longest thing I've ever written in my entire life haha nah maybe my essays are longer :)
The baseball thing is not pointed towards any Californians who may be reading this...sorry.

Comment/Subscribe/Reccomend :)

Love,

Gabriella :)