Status: A Work in Progress :)

Once In A Lifetime Love

Chapter 1: First Meeting

“I’ll see you back at the apartment, I’m gonna head to Dunkin Donuts,” Allyson Kane; a beautiful curly haired brunette with bright ocean blue eyes told her roommate and best friend Taylor Riley; a straight haired blond with piercing green eyes, as the duo walked out of their final class at Boston University for the day.

The setting was a beautiful late summer’s day in Boston, the bright yellow, orange and red sun shining low over the city skyline. There was a light breeze that blew the brunette’s hair in different directions, as Taylor threw her hair in a messy bun to get it out of her face.

Taylor nodded as she reached for the hair tie on her right wrist. “Sounds good, I’m heading to the library anyways, I’ve got a history paper due in like a week that I need to start.”

“Wow, going to the library on a Friday, what have you done with my best friend?” Ally questioned with a smirk, the same smirk that she and her older brother shared.

“I’ll see you later,” Taylor responded, ignoring the sarcasm from her best friend and walking in the opposite direction.

Ally put her headphones into her ears to drown out the noises around her as she walked out of Dunkin Donuts with a small coffee coolatta in her hand. As much as she loved Boston, she missed her hometown where there was less hustle and bustle going on. Sure, she grew up in Buffalo, but it was the suburbs and the neighborhood where her childhood home is, is very quiet.

Not paying attention to where she was going, she suddenly ran into something hard. Bracing herself for the fall, she was surprised when it didn’t happen. She felt a pair of strong hands catch her around the waist, and when she looked up to see the mysterious person, she met the most beautiful pair of brown eyes she had ever seen.

“I’m so sorry, are you okay?” the boy who looked to be about her age asked.

Ally nodded. “I’m fine, thank you. I’m sorry; I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“No biggie,” he laughed. “I’m Tyler,” he replied, sticking his hand out, smiling a knee weakening smile.

“Allyson, but everyone calls me Ally. It’s nice to meet you Tyler,” she smiled, the same heartwarming smile with dimples that her only older brother has.

“You as well Ally.”

“You look familiar…” Ally said softly, trying to think to herself where she could have seen this beautiful man in front of her before.

She hadn’t meant to say it out loud or for him to even hear her, so when he laughed lightly at her expense her face turned a light shade of pink

“I’m sorry,” she responded almost immediately. “I didn’t mean to say that out loud, I have a tendency to not keep my mouth shut.”

He laughed whole heartedly shaking it off. “Not a problem, -“

“Of course! That’s where I’ve seen you before!” she interrupted, turning to face him as her brown hair whipped around at how fast her head moved. “You’re that new rookie for the Bruins.”

Ally smiled, proud of herself for remembering hearing her brother talk about him and then seeing it on the NHL network that is constantly on in her house back in Buffalo, even during the offseason.

He smiled sheepishly. It was only the end of August and the season hadn’t even started yet, he was taken aback by already being recognized. He wasn’t expecting it just yet, but he supposed if it had to happen it would be from someone that was relatively his age.

“I take it you’re a Bruins fan then?” he asked smiling at her as they walked down the side walk.

She shook her head, pulling her Psychology text book tighter to her body, readjusting the strap of her backpack on her shoulder. “They’re definitely not my favorite team, but I don’t hate them. I grew up a Sabres fan, growing up in Buffalo and all, but now my main team is the Blackhawks.”

Tyler looked at the cute brunette, raising an eyebrow. “How do you go from being a diehard Sabres fan to being a diehard Blackhawks fan?” he questioned, very interested in the answer he was hoping to receive.

“My brother, he plays for the Blackhawks.”

“Patrick Kane!” Tyler said a little too quickly. That’s why she looked familiar to him as well. She looked just like Patrick, only she was a brunette and he was a blond.

“How’d you know?” she laughed, a pink tint making its way to her cheeks once again.

Tyler smiled as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “You look just like him, the only difference is that you’re a brunette and he’s a blond.”

Ally nodded. “I do get that a lot. He’s got dad’s blond hair while my sisters and I all got our mom’s brunette. Although both Pat and I have our dad’s curly hair too.”

“So what brings you to Boston?” Tyler asked, trying to keep the conversation going. Although he just met the young girl, he didn’t want to leave just yet.

Ally turned to look at him, squinting because of the position of the sun. “I’m going to school at BU,” she answered, enjoying the conversation and how easy it was for things to just flow. Being a Kane was hard a lot of the time. She didn’t know if people really wanted to be her friend because of her brother or because of herself. It was easy to know this time though, Tyler Seguin wasn’t using her to get to her brother, he had his own fame.

The rookie smiled. “What are you studying?” he questioned, sounding genuinely interested in her answer.

“Photojournalism,” she smiled, her blue eyes lighting up just thinking about it. “I’ve always loved photography, and figured I’d pursue something with that. My parents aren’t too thrilled about it, thinking I should be doing something else, but Pat helped me convince them. He knows how much I enjoy photography.”

“That sounds fun, I’d love to see some pictures some time,” Tyler smiled that knee weakening smile.

“I think that can be arranged.”

Before the duo knew it, they were standing in front of the apartment building where Ally shared a home with Taylor. It wasn’t the greatest of places, but it was close to campus and something that was completely affordable for both teenage girls (with the slightest bit of help from their parents as well.)

“Thanks for uh, walking me home,” she said softly, tucking her medium length brown curly hair behind her right ear. He didn’t actually mean to walk her home, it kind of just happened.

“Not a problem, even though I didn't intend to," he smiled. "Do you live alone?” he asked, and then mentally face palmed himself.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I didn’t mean for it to come out like that!

“I’m sorry,” he said immediately, his right hand reaching around to rub the back of his neck nervously. “I didn’t mean it to come out like that. I just meant, ah shit.”

“It’s okay Tyler, don’t worry, I know what you mean,” she laughed slightly, placing a hand on his bicep to let him know she understood and for him not to work himself up too much.

“And no, I don’t, I live with my best friend Taylor, she goes to BU also.”

He nodded. Just ask her!

“Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?”

Well, that was fucking blunt!

Ally laughed a little at his embarrassment. “Don’t you have hockey?” she questioned, raising her left brow.

“Doesn’t start until next week,” he answered, finally looking up to meet her blue eyes that he could get lost in.

“Then in that case, I’d love to,” she replied, smiling and reaching out for his phone.

He immediately pulled his blackberry out of his back pocket and handed it to her, while she handed him her iPhone. Less than a minute later they handed back the cell phones each with a smile on their faces.

“I’ll text you later, do you have class at all tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow’s Saturday,” she replied, laughing slightly at the redness that crossed his face when he realized what a stupid question he asked; once again.

Rubbing the back of his neck once again, Tyler smiled slightly. “Oh yeah, well uh, then never - forget I even asked that.”

“Goodnight Tyler,” Allyson smiled, giving him one last pointed look before turning around and walking into her apartment building.

Tyler blushed as he watched her walk away. I haven’t even known this girl for 2 hours and she’s already going to be the death of me, he thought to himself as he turned to walk back in the direction of his condo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my story! The title is most likely to change, I just couldn't think of a better one at the time. It's going to be a slow start, but I promise that it will pick up in the upcoming chapters, I've got a lot planned for this story so just bare with me.

Lemme know what you think! Good, back, horrible, I'll take it all!