Love Through a Lens

four.

KC has a girlfriend.

She found out in class, when some of the girls that sat behind her were giggling among themselves. They were the kind of girls that tossed their hair too much, wore too much makeup, got the school lunch so they had an excuse not to eat.

One of them asked another about a date she went on over the weekend. Nothing noteworthy about that.

The second she mentioned his name though, Valerie began to feel what would be a panic attack in any other situation. But why should she be panicking? This didn't concern her. No. It couldn't. It was none of her business. She was fine before. She should have been fine after she knew.

KC has a girlfriend.

She left class and saw a girl from one of the seats behind her prance up to him, grabbing his arm and kissing his cheek.

He smiled.

And Valerie knew that smile, because if anyone would be closely acquainted with his expressions, it would be her.

She didn't want to think about it.

KC has a girlfriend.

She decided to make sure.

She checked Facebook.

In doing so, she decided to inadvertently torture herself.

It was official, or as official as high school relationships get.

Even with that knowledge, she let her eyes and her mouse hover over his picture. Every picture of him that she had taken was at least five times better than the ones online.

But the one on his profile had him next to that girlfriend of his with his arms wrapped around her.

And she had no right to be jealous, but she wished that for once she could be the one in the picture rather than the one taking it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not as quick - I had my first AP test Thursday, and exams this week. It's unedited, because it's late, but I hope you enjoy! I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Let me know what you think!