Status: Writing. Ideas welcomed.

Traveling Backwards

Chapter 7

…My father was a vampire hunter?
So he… What did that even mean?
“What does a vampire hunter do?” I asked.
“They kill vampires, essentially… They take the time to study us and know how we work. Therefore, they know how to destroy us,” Dimitri explained.
“I’ve read Twilight. Tear off your head or burn pieces you rip off, right?”
“Ha. Not exactly. Stephanie Meyer wasn’t very imaginative there.”
“So how do you kill a vampire then?”
“There are the stereotypical ways, like what you mentioned, plus sunlight and a wooden stake through the heart. Those can work, but not a hundred percent of the time. Professional hunters don’t actually…hunt. They torture. Slowly. Silently.”
“So what does that mean?” I asked impatiently.
“You have to drive them insane. Cause a chemical change in their brains. It may take days, months, even years. But a vampire’s mind is very fragile. Simply loving could make them mad enough to die.”
“So my father led vampires to lunacy as a hobby?”
“Apparently.”
I sat in the grass with my legs crossed, trying to process the information I had just received. My father didn’t seem like the type to be involved in something like this. He was scholarly and quiet. Used few words. Lack emotion. He was… oh my god.
Wolf.
Simply loving could make them mad enough to die.
I looked up at Dimitri, then at the rest of the guys I now considered my brothers. I skipped Wolf’s gaze.
I focused back on Dimitri, because for some reason I felt safe directing this question at him.
“Am… Am I killing Wolf?”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is short</3
i was in the mood to write for once... and then it... slowly...went...away... as i was actually writing.
my apologies.
love you guys<3